collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Overated ponies?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Overated ponies?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 11:32:02 PM »
G1 - Firefly. I don't get all her hype :blink: I guess because she's similar to Rainbow Dash and the bronies like her? She was never one of my favorites so I never quite agreed with all the hype.
Sweet Scoops - I like Sherbert better :lol:
Boy ponies - the only one I really like is Ice Crystal, other than that I don't see why boy ponies are so popular :lol:

G3- Agreeing with others on Minty. Never understood why she was so popular with G3 and G4 :blink: I do really like her colors and symbol a lot, but I'm not as crazy over her as others :)
Kimono - I remember when she was kinda sought after at the beginning of the G3 line and I just never cared for her. I never did figure out why she was so popular!

G4- Muffin, DJ, and Dr. Whooves. All background characters and none are appealing to me in the least XD I can KINDA see how Muffin would be popular since she was kinda funny in that one ep where she destroyed (town hall was it?) But all the merch and toys and stuff? Nope, don't get it :blink:
Rainbow Dash- Even though she's my fave main six, she is a little over hyped :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »
If I think about how much general hype there is about certain G4/FiM ponies then I'd have to say they're definitely overrated but that's not to say I don't like them - I have them in my collection and I'm fond of them - I just don't get the crazy hype.

With regards G3, I definitely agree that Minty is overrated. Again, don't dislike her but don't get the hype.

I get all gooey-eyed over pretty much all G1s so I can't really say that, for me, any are overrated. If anything, I'd have a big list of underrated ponies :P

ETA: Accessories! (sorry Cat!)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:11:43 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 02:40:17 AM »
Muffin pony. People have send death threats to "defend" her.
I don't think you can get any more overrated than that.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 03:17:32 AM »
*glares at Sarah Bee* - I am going to convince you one day :P

*nods in agreement at the G4 background pony thing* Especially for DJ-Pon3 - I dont like her as a toy at all. *blerg*

For anything else. Ice Crytal. Now dont get me wrong, I like him and I think he is a great pony. But I dont understand why is is so much more popular than the rest of the set. Thundercloud, Tornado and Sunburst especially just seem so much more amazing to me. Also - awaits the fakie pelting - Gusty; she is pretty and I do like her but I just think there are nicer and she always seems to get so so so much attention when there are such pretty other unicorns.

And with those very very unpopular opinions, I am going to bow out of this thread.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 04:25:29 AM »
Also not too fond of wingers!

I do not care for wingers at ALL and everyone seems to love them. If I wanted something that doesn't look like a pony I'd buy cha-cha

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 04:36:41 AM »
Going with Rapunzel. There really isn't a single thing I like about her (except for her hair color).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 04:49:47 AM »
I'm really not keen on any of the new gens I particularly don't like the G4 ponies, it looks like they have a mouse face and pony body it just looks plain weird! :huh:

Babydoll~

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 05:10:57 AM »
That pony that shall not be named, for sure.

Pony armies are overrated. I just don't get it, sorry. :lookround: I understand collecting variants even very minor ones, customs of your favorite, etc. But if they are all the same? If you would rather keep them then throw them out, I understand, but if they are sell-able. :shrug: *Ducks dozens of the same pony hurled at once*

I get the Minty and Mimic obsession, they are both GREEN! That is why people love them so much. A green pony is very hard to find.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2014, 05:34:21 AM »
It kind of bugs me that so many people think Rapunzel is overrated or don't like her at all, yet she is so expensive!   I wish her price would reflect this instead of being so high!  ;)

I don't get boy ponies either. I like ice crystal a lot because of both his colors and his symbols but I wish he was a girl pony who looked like that instead. Sorry boys! 

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2014, 05:52:40 AM »
Mimic. Not really a fan of Punzie, either.

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 06:00:44 AM »
Firefly.  I don't think she is bad or anything, but I do think she is very overrated.

Also, Rainbow Dash and Muffin Pony.

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 06:42:53 AM »
I agree about Sweet Stuff (I too like Sherbert better) and Munchy.  I like Munchy's colors, but I don't like hot dogs and hamburgers so I'm not a fan of her symbols. 

I never thought about it before, but it is a little weird that 'Punzie's symbol has a face on it.  Maybe that's why I also think L'il Tot is a bit odd :)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 06:47:44 AM »
I actually thought Munchy was kind of overrated until I got her- she is SO cute in person. Then again I'm a sucker for the Cumpet pose!

And yeah, with Minty/Mimic/Ice Crystal I think it's just because of the green(ish) color. Unique colors always interest me at least!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 07:52:22 AM »
I know I already mentioned her, but now that I am thinking about it DJ Pon3 really is my absolute least favorite pony.  I don't just think she is overrated, I actually actively dislike her.  Maybe it is her awkwardly back wards music symbol, or the ugly goggles that does it.  Or maybe I just don't like her colors.  Ironically she is the only pony my husband loves.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
Rainbow Dash, but that's mostly among the brony fandom. She can be so brash and annoying, doesn't seem to grow much from episode to episode (hasn't she learned at least one lesson twice now?) and she's routinely teasing her friends in a way that, while rounding out the mane cast a bit, I ultimately don't like. I don't hate her, but I don't like her much compared to everyone else.

Phew. There, I vented. And I agree that even though I DO LIKE :muffin: Pony, she is a bit overrated. I don't mind seeing her in every episode to get her appearance in, but when she started to get slapped on every type of MLP merch I started wondering how necessary that really was.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:20:11 AM by reanna-mator »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal