collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Overated ponies?  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Overated ponies?
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2014, 09:01:38 AM »
The G4 background ponies? I have to go with DJ Pon-3, Dr. Whooves and Muffin pony (even thought I have a soft spot for her). It always bothered me about how much merchandise they have, but AppleJack and Rarity don't have nearly as much stuff (and both girls are actually main characters!). I do understand why people like them, but I guess I wished they didnt get so much attention (from Hasbro)?

I guess I am kind of annoyed how a good amount of Bronies adopted G1 to G4 Firefly and Surprise, while shunning the other original characters. You can almost smell that it's just because they were the base for RD and Pinkie Pie. They are almost always represented as not only recolors but also having the same personality. Which makes them mere color swaps and are a disservice to the original Firefly in particular, who wasn't a selfish brat like RD can be.

I really feel this. I've always felt that the only similarity that Dashie and Firefly had was the sporty-ness. The reason I like Firefly so much is because she's daring and adventurous! But while Rainbow Dash is also daring...she's definitely stuck up and conceited. I don't understand how so many people could put up with that sort of attitude. I really don't think Firefly would be so absorbed in herself.

As far as other gen ponies, though, I don't see any being less deserving of popularity than the other. I only really dislike G4 ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »
Can I just say that I LOVE all of these ideas! Maybe you should work for Hasbro's idea department! :P
I could use the job.  Perhaps I should send the suggestions their way.

I must admit I find Lyra and Sweetie Drops being a romantic couple overrated.  It seems like a magnet for all the lesbian stereotypes.

And I do feel compelled to defend Fizzy and Wind Whistler.  They live up to the hype.  The toys are very pleasing to the eye and their characters on the show really stood out with good writing and great performances from their voice talent.  That's why they're so popular with fans of the original cartoon.  They're the closest thing the show had to main character ponies.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »
An afterthought concerning G3 Minty. I think she is so popular because she is a collector. She is one of us, one of us ;)
I also love her a lot due to her dumb laugh, slight weirdness and OCDish ways. She's just this likeable oddball. I certainly don't think it's just because she's green.

And I just remembered again that she is voiced by Tabitha St. Germain. I look at my G3/G4 favorite ponies and realize 80% are voiced by her. Okay, so maybe it's also due to her voice in my case?

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2014, 11:25:12 AM »
And I do feel compelled to defend Fizzy and Wind Whistler.  They live up to the hype.  The toys are very pleasing to the eye and their characters on the show really stood out with good writing and great performances from their voice talent.  That's why they're so popular with fans of the original cartoon.  They're the closest thing the show had to main character ponies.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
I laughed at your post about the "new" bronies that are going to appear when G5 happens Zapper.  I've actually thought the same thing many times!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »
One can hope G5 at least attracts a fanbase that's not born in the open sewer of the internet.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »
I laughed at your post about the "new" bronies that are going to appear when G5 happens Zapper.  I've actually thought the same thing many times!

Mind twins :lol:

One can hope G5 at least attracts a fanbase that's not born in the open sewer of the internet.

Ah, yes. The Mos Eisley bar of the internet that starts with a number that is between 3 and 5, right? I will stop now with the derailing. Please go back to overrated ponies and ignore me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal