collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!)  (Read 45036 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
i belvie that they maarked her up that much     simplybecuae htey know  peopel are willign to pay and there curious to see if    people really will pay  for  thema t that price.

another thoery is that    its to covor the cost of her  jewerly  since i bleive its sewed on. so tehre for it may have been a little extra to   make her therefor thats  why they raised the price on her from  25-35
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
i belvie that they maarked her up that much     simplybecuae htey know  peopel are willign to pay and there curious to see if    people really will pay  for  thema t that price.

another thoery is that    its to covor the cost of her  jewerly  since i bleive its sewed on. so tehre for it may have been a little extra to   make her therefor thats  why they raised the price on her from  25-35

If it is the latter reason then I get that. As sailorstitch mentioned buying her jewellery separate would probably have run to that price anyway. Its if its the former that I get really annoyed. Why should we as adult collectors be made to pay more just because a company knows you will get people who dont care, who can afford and therefore will snap her up. I completely get that its a commercial world and businesses are out to make money...I just dont like the feeling of being a bit of a cash cow :P MOOOOO....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
I'm bummed out, I like Zecora, but I dunno if I wanna shell out $35 for her.  Man, why did she have to be more expensive than the others AND online-exclusive?
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I'm bummed out, I like Zecora, but I dunno if I wanna shell out $35 for her.  Man, why did she have to be more expensive than the others AND online-exclusive?

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I heard a rumor that an employee said that if Zecora sells well enough online, they'll bring her to stores. Which is what I'm holding out for. BaB's site is ridiculously finicky and I can't stand Fedex Smartpost. I only order from there as a last resort so I hope it's true.  :(

Too bad their Facebook staff is keen on not telling anyone anything.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Just to put this out there.  The price of the other ponies' capes is $13.50.  The cowboy hat is $6.00 and the cowboy boots are $9.00 a pair.  If you are considering Zecora's jewelry to be $10 then that is about in line with all of BAB's other accessories.

Offline CuddlyParrot

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Cuddlyparrot's Nestbox
I assume Zecora takes more to produce and therefore costs more. I'm getting her.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Just to put this out there.  The price of the other ponies' capes is $13.50.  The cowboy hat is $6.00 and the cowboy boots are $9.00 a pair.  If you are considering Zecora's jewelry to be $10 then that is about in line with all of BAB's other accessories.

I really don't mind the $10 more since she is a tad more intricate. Her pattern is a little more detailed than the other ponies. The other ponies have solid fur. They would have had to make the zebra patter for her and make it match up properly, etc. As well as having the additional jewelry attached.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I heard a rumor that an employee said that if Zecora sells well enough online, they'll bring her to stores. Which is what I'm holding out for. BaB's site is ridiculously finicky and I can't stand Fedex Smartpost. I only order from there as a last resort so I hope it's true.  :(

Too bad their Facebook staff is keen on not telling anyone anything.
I hope they do eventually release her in the actual stores. Zecora is one that I wanna see in person before buying her.  D:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile

I really don't mind the $10 more since she is a tad more intricate. Her pattern is a little more detailed than the other ponies. The other ponies have solid fur. They would have had to make the zebra patter for her and make it match up properly, etc. As well as having the additional jewelry attached.

Exactly this.  If you had commissioned someone for Zecora vs. a standard pony, you will definitely pay much higher.   As a plush maker, stripes are NOT fun and they'll cost you...way too much work is involved, its not a standard zebra print either :(

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile

Exactly this.  If you had commissioned someone for Zecora vs. a standard pony, you will definitely pay much higher.   As a plush maker, stripes are NOT fun and they'll cost you...way too much work is involved, its not a standard zebra print either :(

Yes, thank you! And on that note, I super want her but I also super don't have the room :(
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Got an email that mine has shipped  :freak:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
I hope you guys will consider getting Zecora.  Because if she does not do well, I have a feeling she may just be the end of the line for Build-A-Bear plushies.  I really think this exclusive deal is testing the waters for background ponies.

So yeah, please consider ordering her if you want her for your collection :)

Unfortunately I dont believe in supporting this belief that some companies have that its acceptable to premium product something just because there is a collectors market for it :( Sell the item at the same as their other products or a touch more but £19-25 moves the item from affordable to a more serious considered purchase. I do want Zecora but I would have been happier about the price jump if I could believe any future products offered this way will not be marked up.

Its been way too successful a line for BAB to decide not to do it again when MLP and FiM are still riding so high. Sure, no doubt each of the already released characters will be cycled in and out again with perhaps the odd new addition, but I dont see them pulling the line only a year or so after they launched it.

That is exactly how I feel!! I think its crazy that they just randomly decided to make Zecora more expensive than all the others. It seems like the only reason they would do this is because they know that collectors are willing to pay more. I have seen Build a Bear do lots of questionably shady things and this is just another thing to add to my list. Although I still love build a bear I am just not willing to pay that much...I am considering a ninja turtle though :biggrin:

I'm willing to pay the $35... this time! Would I pay it for any old pony? No. Would I pay this much again? Depends on the character.

Zecora was on my "never gonna happen" list. I have the WWF zebra. I was planning on trying to make Zecora's jewelry for that zebra and use that as my Zecora stand in. But I hadn't figured out how to do that yet. Now I don't have to worry about it.

So far I have collected all the MLP items that BABW has made. But if they continue to make $35 ponies, I'm going to have to become more selective.

sailorstitch

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
So far I have collected all the MLP items that BABW has made. But if they continue to make $35 ponies, I'm going to have to become more selective.

sailorstitch

Oh yeah, at $35 I'll be more selective too. $35 for Celestia? Eh, pass.

$35/$40 for Cadance? Have you ever seen a credit card swipe so fast it starts a fire? At least one BaB employee will.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

sailorstitch

Oh yeah, at $35 I'll be more selective too. $35 for Celestia? Eh, pass.

$35/$40 for Cadance? Have you ever seen a credit card swipe so fast it starts a fire? At least one BaB employee will.

This makes me wonder.  Do you guys think that they will make the princesses in the same style as Twilight?  Or will they make them bigger/different?  If they are bigger, will they be standing, sitting, or lying down?  Thoughts? Preferences?

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
At least if you order $40 worth shipping is free. Shipping costs $5.95 so I'm just going to order a $5 tutu for apple bloom and it's $0.95 cheaper. I don't like the price hike but I think they may be testing the waters to see if collectors are willing to pay more for a more intricate character. I do hope they make the Princesses. I'm so excited to go to the mall today:D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal