collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 11 year old boy tries to kill himself after being bullied for being a Brony  (Read 316 times)

Sheepish

• Trade Count: (0)
First and foremost I apologize if there is a thread about this already, I did a search I didn't find one.  Also, I was at a loss as to where would be the appropriate place to post this, but I figured this is a high traffic area.  I know I'm an infrequent poster here, but this story has really had an impact on me as I was bullied my entire childhood for being the weird kid.

http://www.mlparena.com/MichaelMoronesFund

Michael Morones, an 11 year old boy in North Carolina, recently attempted to take his own life due to bullying received on account of being a fan of the show 'My Little Pony'. Fortunately, the attempt was caught and halted in time to save his life, but he sustained severe brain damage. The family has reached out and is asking if the community from the show he loves can help out with the medical expenses.

Here's What his Family have to say: Michael is a huge lover of all music. He started to learn Violin because of Lindsey Stirling and harmonica because of my career as a musician years ago. The more people that can share this the better. We want this beyond viral for two reasons, one to share the anti bullying message and two to share michaels amazing faith in God and I know if Michael was awake right now he would want to give nothing but forgiveness and love to the bully's who teased him so they would know what it's like to be accepted without harsh words or violence.

This thing checks out legit, sad to say.  The fundraiser I linked above originally had a $10,000 goal which was met in one day, and I think that is just an amazing testament to how great the fan community can be.  I know there's sort of sometimes a line on this forum between Bronies and other fans of the MLPs of all incarnations, but I think something like this... well, I'd think anyone could get behind helping out.  NOT MY fundraiser, just thought maybe you all would want to know about it.

Again, apologies to the Mods if you think it's inappropriate to post this here.  Like I said, I thought there would be people here who would want to know.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Yep, this is over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,348462.0.html

Such a sad case :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony