collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32543 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
I did not see any AJ FS with boots  on the shelves :( , they have  Rarity coming out in the fall to join Fluttershy on the Fashion Styling Strands line and then they had  RD and a Pink body pony, either Pinkie or Cadence  as Fashion Style.
Same mold as Luna but pink for Cadence most likely as design a pony .

I think for my collection  I will be just adding  the FS ponies ,and the Clear PTS and Cadence , plus the rest of the mane 6 single PP  .
Maybe the Castle .
The big rainbowfied PTS looked so bad  :( as the Chrisalys Talking light up pony from TRU, reusing the same mold for the 5th time  :mad:
LOL with socks JESUS!!! their brains just burned designing that one ,if there was any brain though  :(
well like the comment before, I will have more money for my other Generations :)!!
I need to get me some more G2's anyway !!:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2014, 07:28:40 PM »

*checks booth* Hasbro...check

*checks logo* My Little PONY...check

*wonders where all the ponies are*

:( Yeah...seriously seriously disappointing - I had so hoped to be proven wrong. A minimum of 7 new EQG characters some of them with multiple releases [and that assumes we have seen all releases which seems unlikely] and pushing the moulded hair ponies again [even the Breezies which had me excited have moulded hair].

Whatever Hasbro...thanks for selling out to the fashion doll popularity. I know you are a commercial company and I know you just want/need to make money so while I understand I will also admit to being a little upset at the My Little Pony line pretty much selling out what has for 30 years made it such a popular line - 1) ponies and 2) brushable manes and tails.

Totally with you hathorcat!!!! My Little PONY! See this is exactly one of the main reasons I'm so against EQG they are taking over! :'( This had better be a joke and they are bringing out the 20 brand new ponies tomorrow.

I understand some of you like EQG and they didn't bother me too much before but now after seeing this I'm complete ANTI-EQG sorry, thats just my opinion they are taking over!

This exactly. The only thing I've seen so far that I'll pick up in stores is the castle. I will NOT by an EQG doll to get a brushable pony, no way, no how. Otherwise, my money this year goes to the second hand market where I can buy PONIES.

Elf

After more thought I have decided I will not be buying them for the pony either, I might try and snag them on ebay if they show up otherwise no. The only way I would buy a doll is for a boy brushable like Big Mac or Flash and then sell the doll. Even then I might just do ebay route instead dont want sales going up on EQG at all I want it to die, and fast.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
UGH so the G4 Breeezies have molded hair... bleh  :razz:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:25 PM »
My Little Pony, now without the pony!

Breezies: I was excited for these but the execution is lacking.  In short, they're ugly.  I, for one, actually like the G3 Breezies.  These look horrible and they have molded hair.  Automatic out for me.  If it doesn't have brushable hair, it isn't My Little Pony.  Call me if they issue these with brushable manes and tails but I won't be holding my breath.

Equestria Girls: Completely uninterested in these.  I have no interest in Monster High, either.  I'm only here for the ponies and if you can't give me that I have other hobbies I can throw money at.  As it stands, the only other toy line Hasbro makes that I have any interest in is Transformers and I rarely ever pick up new TFs.  I only collect G1 and have little interest in the newer ones.  Mattel, on the other hand, makes two toylines that I spend a great deal of money on every year.  And Hasbro has no representation in that particular market segment whatsoever.

So I see Octavia and Photo Finish as brushables.  And the latter appears to be part of that whole KISS/goth thing so it wouldn't even be a normal Photo Finish, which means I'd have no interest in her.  I don't want to pick up dolls to get ponies (if I wanted dolls I would buy the NASCAR Barbie dolls from circa fifteen years ago), but I will break down and get them if I have to in order to get new ponies.  And I know this is exactly what they're counting on to improve the sales numbers for Equestria Girls.  So, do you think Zecora, the three new Equestria Girls characters, etc. will also come with brushable ponies?

I hate gimmicks and that's all I'm seeing here.  I don't want clear ponies or snowglobe ponies.  I just want regular run-of-the-mill brushable ponies.  When I decided to break down and start collecting ponies, that was what I knew I was getting into.  It's what MLP was for nearly thirty years and what it should remain.

You know what Hasbro really needs to do?  I've said it before and I'll say it again - they currently have the license to make Care Bears toys.  A line of ponies with Care Bear tummy symbols belly badges as cutie marks and a line of plush bears with pony cutie marks as tummy symbols.  Sell them together so you get a Pinkie Pie pony with a Laughter Heart Pony Care Bear Cousin and a Cheer Bear and a Cheer Pony all in the same packaging.  This will appeal to little girls (core market) and collectors (lots of crossover between collectors of these two toy lines) alike.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:35 PM »
nothing wanted here. mane six makes me want to vomit as much as bore seven did and these dolls have no interest at all for me. I like ponies, not dolls. Man Hasbro has idiots working for them.

Seriously it's a sad thing. Although people need to stop buying them or we will just get less and less ponies and more dolls. No one can complain that there ins't brushables when you are buying EQG.
Personally I'm not Buying the EQGs.. in fact I'm not even buying them to get the ponies that come with them! Mostly other than a Prince Twilight that comes with Spike (because I needed Twilight in that mold) I've not really bought any G4s... been going and buying some of the Lalaloopsy ponies instead.. which oddly enough those ponies are actually pretty much cleaned out in the closest walmart to me... while the MLP section still has a lot of ponies.. Seriously though I'm hoping to see more ponies soon out of this... and not packs that come with a lot of repeat ponies
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
EQG isn't my favorite, but I do have a few of the cuter dolls. And hey--if it's selling with the target market, Hasbro is gonna keep making them. No sense stressing over something I can't change, I figure, so may as well enjoy the parts of the line I do like! Like those adorable Breezies!  :biggrin:

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2014, 07:40:10 PM »
Oooo... I love the see-through princesses.  They look amazing.   Most of everything else looks as if they took ideas from a  grade school art project.  My niece loves it.  Her friends do too.  I think it's kind of their style.  Lots of color, glitter and random decoration.  It does look like there is a little something for everyone.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:48:04 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2014, 07:46:46 PM »
More pics!
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/02/toy-fair-2014-pastel-explosion-with.html#more

There is a new single! I think that's Holly Dash!

I think I see Design-a-Pony Cadance  :good:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:50:16 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2014, 07:48:29 PM »
More pics!
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/02/toy-fair-2014-pastel-explosion-with.html#more

She's adorable thank goodness I'm happy I know people will love her, but still keep them coming hasbro how about 40 of them? I think I will buy it just to support new ponies.

Lol @ the mustache!

Green boy in the back and accurate Spitfire??
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:51:35 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
Yes! Holly Dash Looks too cute!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
More pics!

Oh hey, you're exactly right! I thought she was just a Rarity in weird lighting at first, but that cutie mark is absolutely a strawberry! :D So there's hope!!

Also, this one intrigued me:

Not only are we seeing a re-use of the Lyrica mold for what looks like an Amethyst Star, that green boy in the back also looks somewhat like a set of seven ponies we've been seeing in the blind bag threads. They seem to be a set of seven ponies with color combos that cycle between them--say, we've seen both a black and purple boy, and a black and purple Pinkie mold. Some people have speculated that they're not fakies but instead a "customize your own" blind bag set--which would be fantastic!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2014, 07:53:48 PM »
I spy a Celestia or Twi Snowglobe now too

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »
Yay, new brushable...wait, what's with the spots?  Gah!  Not another gimmick.  No interest. :(  Which is a real pity because I really like her otherwise!
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2014, 07:56:57 PM »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »
Yay, new brushable...wait, what's with the spots?  Gah!  Not another gimmick.  No interest. :(  Which is a real pity because I really like her otherwise!

Hey atleast its something right! The spots are kinda cute, I think I'll buy them just to support new characters so they keep releasing new ponies rather than mane 6.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal