collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31538 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2014, 05:58:31 PM »
This one?

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looks to be Celestia :)

It's Zecora.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
I have a feeling that we haven't seen the full Hasbro MLP booth. The stuff in the video that was just posted was obviously the Equestria Girls section. I have no idea why the Mania stuff is there, but it wasn't said to be a collector's set, so I think there's still more coming. (Or at least I am crossing my fingers)

Its a full preview day though - everything which is going to be shown for the next 3 days will be available right now [with the odd exception of some exceptional preview which would not be able to retailers to carry]. There are certainly some bloggers focusing on EQG - mainly because they are doll/figure blogs. But a few of them - including Stitch Kingdom included the pony selection. At best we may have missed out seeing a 2 or 3 things [including the RD/PP rollerskates] but I have a feeling the MLP section looks as though its EQG dominated in reality rather than due to skewed reporting.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »

These are so bizarre that I kind of like them, yet at the same time I feel like they'll be a huge marketing flop.  MLP is a nostalgia brand . . . the punk look is going to have parents going "Uh, what?"  (I know G1 had the Rockin' Beats, but they played into the "we are IMPOSSIBLY BRIGHT" concept, and otherwise looked like "normal" ponies. These look, uh, not normal, ha ha ha!)

Also, looks like Celestia is going through a midlife crisis:

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2014, 06:10:38 PM »

These are so bizarre that I kind of like them, yet at the same time I feel like they'll be a huge marketing flop.  MLP is a nostalgia brand . . . the punk look is going to have parents going "Uh, what?"  (I know G1 had the Rockin' Beats, but they played into the "we are IMPOSSIBLY BRIGHT" concept, and otherwise looked like "normal" ponies. These look, uh, not normal, ha ha ha!)

HAHAHA!!! Celestia….the reigning goddess/princess of Equestria, and look what Hasbro did to you.  -_-

I'm just going to say it was a prank pulled by Luna.

By the way, why is Applejack not in this set? It seems that they are just shoving her to the side...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
This one?

Spoiler

Looks to be Celestia :)

It's Zecora.  :)

I was referring to the green wings and white flanked pony in the corner, not the doll   :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »

I hate to be that guy but.... kill it with fire... I hope these don't ever come to stores. If they were atleast new pony characters I could accept them, but mane 6 and Tia no not acceptable.

For Sale Wants

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:20 PM »
Okay I was looking at the investor slides and am very interested.

First there is this:

Then there are these facts that they have:
- last year was the best year for MLP in terms of sales (1 billion record year)
- EG were the number 1 fashion themed doll
- the IDW comic books were 9th out of the top 10 Comic Books on iBooks last year
-  Partnerships with Ty, Kiada, SOHO, Claire's, United Colors of Benetton
- Fashion Partnerships with Colette, Selfridges&Co, Cotton On, Topshop, H&M

Regional Growth Rates (based on revenue from 2010-2013 for MLP)
- North America +199%
- South America +194%
- Europe and Africa +203%
- Asia and Australia +49%

I have a feeling they're going to see a rather steep decline with focusing on EQ though this year. I guess we'll have to see, I just found all of this interesting.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »
I like the brushables that come with the dolls. The dolls... underwhelmed. Just articulate them, Hasbro! You would have my money if you did! You will be getting my money with clear Cadance because WANT.

Not getting anime kneehigh sock talking Chrysalis though. Does she get affected by the power of magical pony 80s glamrock too?

The KiSS Mane Six just look... awful. No other words come to mind, just awful. We've had so many other memorable characters on the show that have been given bigger roles and we're going with pre-sharpied mane six?

So far what I'm getting is that Rainbow Rocks will be like going to a Twisted Sister concert with more rainbows. I will say I want that rep's shirt and lanyard though.

Duster reference]

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
41 individual dolls... :faint: And, what? Half that number in ponies (not counting wave of blind bags)? I hope further news reports boost the number of My Little Pony releases. Gonna have to start calling it My Little Dolly otherwise.

41??? Thanks for the breakdown!

I admit, I laughed throughout the entire presentation in that video.
"It's bringing arts and crafts to the fashion doll aisle". Wow, you can draw on the doll clothes. That's not really exciting, that's an old schtick by now.
And DJ's car looks like the Monster High Scaris car.
Kind of obvious they haven't dipped their fingers into fashion dolls for a while now. Even the new EQG characters look rehashed. I mean, I thought that Adagio character was Sunset Shimmer at first. It's nice to see they are at least aware of some of the critique. They got lots of negative feedback for making the dolls without feet and their outfits not movie accurate and they fixed that. And they are making fan favorite characters and new characters - just not in pony form XD

So far I'm only into Photo Finish and only because she comes with brushie Photo Finish. Already hate her non-articulated butt, but alas, I want that brushie so much.
I think I can forget about the Octavia brushie. I'm not buying two of those non-articulated things with painted on tights.

I'm with those who think there will be more ponies revealed tomorrow. If not that'll just mean I can save my toy money for more Monster High. There's gonna be a centaur this year, that's all the ponygirl I need :lol:

I think I love you.
And Rarity's horn... daaarling, why would you do that to yourself. Well, they can all join Chrysalis at Mule-on Rouge, that's for sure.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2014, 06:16:56 PM »

Oh Hasbro.  Get G3 on the phone, because I have to call Shenanigans.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
Pony Mania would probably have flown off the shelves roughly 10 years ago, at the height of the scene/emo craze. :lol: Those subcultures would have been all over "hardcore" ponies with black ribbons, lightning bolts and panda-eye mascara. It's also a little late for the Tim Burton fans, with the crazy streaked hair and stripes all over.

If I could pick things that would NEVER go with MLP, it would probably be these design choices...

Offline sleepyowl

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »
I honestly cannot get over those KISS-esque ponies. They look like they should be Hot Topic exclusives instead of TRU exclusives. But even HT doesn't sell that kind of total mall goth stuff anymore lol.

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
Disappointed with all the Equestria girls, but the snow globe ponies are actually really, really beautiful! I would love new characters but I actually really love them :)

and Breeizies! I wish they were made of a softer plastic and had brushable hair, but they're actually very cute!

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:06 PM »

Oh Hasbro.  Get G3 on the phone, because I have to call Shenanigans.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
I asked StitchKingdom about the Breezies and they said this:

The lockets are for the breezies themselves. I took photos with my SLR which I’ll be offering to Everfree.net, but I’ll post photos in a sec of the full packages of both that were on display. They’re not great photos as it is (sorry, but was in a time crunch)

They also posted this picture:

(If anyone reposts this picture, could you please credit and link them because it was totally nice of them to respond!  Here's the Tumblr link:  http://stitchkingdom.tumblr.com/post/76793783591/via-request-of-heckyeahponyscans-here-is-a-photo ))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal