collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 32579 times)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »
I'm SO HAPPY the Breezies are the Breezies we know!!!! I wish they were bigger but... well, G4 is already teeny tiny. I guess it was inevitable.

The snow globe ponies are really pretty, and I kind of want that Photo Finish EQG doll.

So if that Chrysalis is the TRU talking exclusive then I guess whoever the villain is in this years set (if there is one) will be our talking exclusive next year? :P

Otherwise, not a lot of pony-ponies. :( I hope more pop up tomorrow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »
Looks to be Celestia :)

Oh no! That set does look all like graffiti ponies >.< Bleh

Did anyone else catch this? There are more ponies we can't see!!!! (Like a Rollerskating Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie :D to the right of the image)

http://instagram.com/p/kc2V1BoySl/

There might still be more! The Toy Fair doesn't officially open until tomorrow. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2014, 05:31:56 PM »
Overall very disappointed so far for the most part.

Postivies
*Breezies
*Octavia Brushable
*Photo Finish Brushable
*A couple decent blind bags
*Clear Princesses

Negatives
*EQG taking over MLP line
*Only way to get new items is to buy re-releases
*Only way to get the two new brushable ponies is by buying EQG
*Only way to get Breezies is to buy them with mane 6
*Tons of new characters released, only as dolls
*Chrysalis using the Celestia mold again, and some very ugly crazy paint jobs
*If thats the new favorites collection mane six plus Celestia with wacky colors I give up.
*No new pony characters seen yet

The only things I'm interesting in possibly buying are as follows
*Maybe clear Luna (only because shes my fav character)
*Maybe Octavia and Photo Finish not too fond of these two honestly, nice to see new brushables but I'm not buying the dolls for them.
*For sure these two blind bags Rainbow Swoop, Lightning Dust
*I don't think I can buy that Chrysalis now Even though I have White Tia and Nightmare, too ugly.

For Sale Wants

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »
I feel like we are still missing a lot currently. They mentioned previously more "Collector" Sets (the blind bag sized ones) and none are displayed.

I know its a bit OT but I am excited for the LPS redesign. It looks like so much fun!
~Foxtale~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »
*checks booth* Hasbro...check

*checks logo* My Little PONY...check

*wonders where all the ponies are*

:( Yeah...seriously seriously disappointing - I had so hoped to be proven wrong. A minimum of 7 new EQG characters some of them with multiple releases [and that assumes we have seen all releases which seems unlikely] and pushing the moulded hair ponies again [even the Breezies which had me excited have moulded hair].

Whatever Hasbro...thanks for selling out to the fashion doll popularity. I know you are a commercial company and I know you just want/need to make money so while I understand I will also admit to being a little upset at the My Little Pony line pretty much selling out what has for 30 years made it such a popular line - 1) ponies and 2) brushable manes and tails.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2014, 05:41:47 PM »
Do the G4 Breezies really have molded hair?  :(
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »

:( Yeah...seriously seriously disappointing - I had so hoped to be proven wrong. A minimum of 7 new EQG characters some of them with multiple releases [and that assumes we have seen all releases which seems unlikely] and pushing the moulded hair ponies again [even the Breezies which had me excited have moulded hair].

Whatever Hasbro...thanks for selling out to the fashion doll popularity. I know you are a commercial company and I know you just want/need to make money so while I understand I will also admit to being a little upset at the My Little Pony line pretty much selling out what has for 30 years made it such a popular line - 1) ponies and 2) brushable manes and tails.

Totally with you hathorcat!!!! My Little PONY! See this is exactly one of the main reasons I'm so against EQG they are taking over! :'( This had better be a joke and they are bringing out the 20 brand new ponies tomorrow.

I understand some of you like EQG and they didn't bother me too much before but now after seeing this I'm complete ANTI-EQG sorry, thats just my opinion they are taking over!

For Sale Wants

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
Atamaii dolls video of MLP booth :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYUvFZkoR4

(Also, this may be off topic on pony side but if anyone comes across Furby pis/vids from Toy fair in their search for ponies, could you please let me know? I´m googling like crazy but everybody seems to be reporting only equstria girls :/ )

Wow, so many EQG dolls :shocked:

Spoiler
-Main six in first movie outfits (coming soon)
-Main six RR Basic dolls (four already released, AJ and Rarity coming soon)
-Main six RR in "main event" clothes + main event stage playset (coming soon)
-Doll & Pony (Rarity released, Octavia/Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash coming soon)
-Deluxe with two outfits (Rarity, Sunset Shimmer and Trixie Lulamoon coming soon)
-Deluxe with instrument (Trixie Lulamoon released, Adagio/unnamed blue ponytail/unnamed purple twintails coming soon)
-Doll with car (DJ Pon-3 coming soon)
-Singing dolls (Pinkie and Twilight released)
-Stamper dolls (Applejack and Rainbow Dash released)
-Marker/stencil dolls (DJ Pon-3 and Pinkie Pie(?) coming soon)
-"Super fashion doll" Twilight Sparkle with big poofy dress (coming soon)

And then the Pony Mania (Mane-ia?) TRU line

Spoiler

Brushable size - Princess Celestia, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash. (There is no Applejack, only Princesses...)

Talking princess size - Queen Chrysalis

EQG Dolls - Zecora, Photo Finish & pony, unnamed yellow-green doll with blue-purple hair (Sapphire Shores?), unnamed blue doll with pink-purple hair

41 individual dolls... :faint: And, what? Half that number in ponies (not counting wave of blind bags)? I hope further news reports boost the number of My Little Pony releases. Gonna have to start calling it My Little Dolly otherwise.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2014, 05:45:39 PM »
I will also admit to being a little upset at the My Little Pony line pretty much selling out what has for 30 years made it such a popular line - 1) ponies and 2) brushable manes and tails.
This hits the nail for me as a collector/fan.
Which is why I wasn't all that thrilled with the line when it came out. Even though I do like SOME of EQG, I still think Hasbro sold out MLP to complete with Monster High. Too many dolls, no extra fashions, and high price points.
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »
30 bucks saying that if EQG does end up replacing MLP it won't last very long. They really can't compete with MH in terms of articulation and number of characters. I think one of the appealing things about MH is that they're always releasing new characters, and they're all different - werewolves, spiders, witches. EQG is just people with pony ears over and over (and several of the same characters over and over)

Man, is there a mass petition for Hasbro to focus on the freaking brushable ponies again? I'm tired of seeing cool (and expensive) blindbag sets leaving brushables in the dust, and now we have EQG to compete with. It really sucks.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2014, 05:50:50 PM »
Looks like I can save my $40 that I would've spent on the next collector pack! Buy more G1's with it ;)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »
I have a feeling that we haven't seen the full Hasbro MLP booth. The stuff in the video that was just posted was obviously the Equestria Girls section. I have no idea why the Mania stuff is there, but it wasn't said to be a collector's set, so I think there's still more coming. (Or at least I am crossing my fingers)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »

Totally with you hathorcat!!!! My Little PONY! See this is exactly one of the main reasons I'm so against EQG they are taking over! :'( This had better be a joke and they are bringing out the 20 brand new ponies tomorrow.

I understand some of you like EQG and they didn't bother me too much before but now after seeing this I'm complete ANTI-EQG sorry, thats just my opinion they are taking over!
I just want to say I agree with everything here. I wasn't bothered by them at first (I disliked them, but I could live with them) but now I'm just sick of seeing them.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
30 bucks saying that if EQG does end up replacing MLP it won't last very long. They really can't compete with MH in terms of articulation and number of characters. I think one of the appealing things about MH is that they're always releasing new characters, and they're all different - werewolves, spiders, witches. EQG is just people with pony ears over and over (and several of the same characters over and over)

Man, is there a mass petition for Hasbro to focus on the freaking brushable ponies again? I'm tired of seeing cool (and expensive) blindbag sets leaving brushables in the dust, and now we have EQG to compete with. It really sucks.

If you though blindbags were bad, look at these EQG talking over our ponies! This sucks 40 some new Equestria girls and like 2 new ponies? Huh? I was really hoping EQG would not sell well for this exact reason.

Post Merge: February 15, 2014, 05:55:09 PM

I just want to say I agree with everything here. I wasn't bothered by them at first (I disliked them, but I could live with them) but now I'm just sick of seeing them.

Yup same feeling here, they snuck up on us and now hasbro is so into trying to beat MH they have completely forgot My Little Pony is about Ponies!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:55:09 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
Thanks for posting that video, rimmu!
I can kinda see Octavia. That rep. is totally doll focused and doesn't know anything about ponies does she. Maybe someone else will talk about the pony part. Catlein, I hope you're right but I have a feeling there isn't a whole lot more. We'll see!

Lightning Dust
I wonder if the one actually released will be Sassaflash or Lightning Dust? The pony displayed is Lightning Dust but it's Sassaflash on the box. We've seen protos of both too, hmm...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:59:51 PM by 3377345 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal