collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31558 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
I know...quite depressing, right? Childhood stops younger and younger :( But in the world of repeat releases it does make sense as to why we see the same things again and again and also makes sense as to why EQG launched 3 years into G4. Hasbro dont need to appeal to that 4 year old in 3 years time because they expect her to have already moved on to something else. And by creating a fashion doll brand which links a toy/character they perhaps "used" to have along with their new play choices, EQG gets a head start with its target audience. :( The only positive is that research and toy manufacturers are pretty sure 6 is the lowest it will go. Retention is expected to be long term for that particular bracket.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:50 AM »
Hasbro dont need to appeal to that 4 year old in 3 years time because they expect her to have already moved on to something else.
This almost applies to my DD9. She has always sorta liked MLP because I did, and when EQG launched she was head first into Monster High. She likes Barbie but it is more novelty than a must have. Granted she didn't know she was getting the Wedding Castle for Christmas Or EQG for that matter, but once she did boy howdy did she really like it! Now MLP is HER brand. Just like G1 is MY brand of MLP. Heck she was telling me the characters names and relationships to each other! She really likes the ponies now, and wants a great deal of the EQG stuff out now. Though she wasn't too sure about the Toy Fair stuff, we both OOOH'ed over the rainbow castle and she is already making plans for it in her room.

And I have to say I wasn't all that into Barbie at her age either. Disney Dolls were my obsession, especially since Disney started making Barbie sized Characters the year MLP started fading from shelves.
So I try not to get too upset about her lack of interest in Barbie. I just prefer the blatantly obvious values portrayed in EQG over the "IT" toy Monster High.
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #407 on: February 17, 2014, 02:35:28 AM »
I want most of these :dribble: I'm in love with that Ivy look-a-like (anyone thinks it might actually be Minty in human form?), the Octavia pony, the Rainbow Power dolls and ponies and I even adore Adagio!

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 17, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »
So Manu dolls, well Hasbro why don't you create a new Line of dolls instead of utilizing ponies? Leave the ponies aloooooone!!!!!!!

I love the new pony with dots, it could become the first real G4 I will buy. i like the snowglobe pony, and I really hope the pop ponies will be available in France, they seem really funny.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #409 on: February 17, 2014, 05:38:46 AM »
Personally, I think they could effectively still keep EQG dolls and New Single Brushable Characters in Ponies all at the same time. Now I'm not a kid and I don't have a kid but if I was one and saw a new character in the MLP line as a single, I'd be all for it. I do think that Hasbro just has the mind set that little kids just don't care for really anything that isn't in the show =/ Granted some just don't care but if they want a pony I don't think the fact that said pony really isn't in the show isn't going to stop them from getting the pony.

I noticed that they are coming out with new EGQ doll characters, so I do think if they want to put the effort into it they could do that same for ponies... it's not like they are using new molds all they have to do use really use color XD But I'm not a manufacturer so I don't know the cost behind certain elements of toy making.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:00 AM »
Personally, I think they could effectively still keep EQG dolls and New Single Brushable Characters in Ponies all at the same time. Now I'm not a kid and I don't have a kid but if I was one and saw a new character in the MLP line as a single, I'd be all for it. I do think that Hasbro just has the mind set that little kids just don't care for really anything that isn't in the show =/ Granted some just don't care but if they want a pony I don't think the fact that said pony really isn't in the show isn't going to stop them from getting the pony.

I noticed that they are coming out with new EGQ doll characters, so I do think if they want to put the effort into it they could do that same for ponies... it's not like they are using new molds all they have to do use really use color XD But I'm not a manufacturer so I don't know the cost behind certain elements of toy making.

This! Totally the question is "Hasbro you managed a brushable Photo Finish and Octavia Melody for the EQG line...why could you not simply package them in singles as well?" While I understand the whole "always main 6 thing" I dont understand why something as simple as this is not feasible for them.
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2014, 06:11:50 AM »

They seem to be making the mistake of only catering to new fans, rather than all fans. I don't get why it's so hard to release the waves of singles in two parts like before - 3 of the mane six + 1-2 new characters in Wave 1, then the same for Wave 2. New fans get the mane six, people whom already have them buy the others. And I really hate that companies are choosing to migrate to the doll market; not all little girls like dolls and it seems like the alternative options for are becoming rarer.

I really hope Hasbro will do their usual thing and we'll see Octavia and Photo Finish as singles (and not store exclusive, for the love of Celestia) eventually because they love their re-releases...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:31 AM »

This! Totally the question is "Hasbro you managed a brushable Photo Finish and Octavia Melody for the EQG line...why could you not simply package them in singles as well?" While I understand the whole "always main 6 thing" I dont understand why something as simple as this is not feasible for them.
I imagine it went something like this:

Hasbro 1: Aw man, we need to boost EQD sales by this amount next year to beat Mattel. How are we gonna do that?
Hasbro 2: Oh! I know! Collectors and bronies want new characters from the show, right?
Hasbro 1: Yeah, but they want ponies.
Hasbro 2: Exactly! And we want them to buy the dolls first, soooo?
Hasbro 1: .... Dude. You're a genuis.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2014, 06:48:51 AM »

I imagine it went something like this:

Hasbro 1: Aw man, we need to boost EQD sales by this amount next year to beat Mattel. How are we gonna do that?
Hasbro 2: Oh! I know! Collectors and bronies want new characters from the show, right?
Hasbro 1: Yeah, but they want ponies.
Hasbro 2: Exactly! And we want them to buy the dolls first, soooo?
Hasbro 1: .... Dude. You're a genuis.

*bonus cheque for Hasbro Dude 2*
Loa is my love god!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2014, 07:03:17 AM »
Oh my gosh I want holly dash!   I love ponies with strawberries!  I don't mind the wonder read dots either. I will buy all these ponies with spots.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2014, 08:02:04 AM »
Oh my gosh I want holly dash!   I love ponies with strawberries!  I don't mind the wonder read dots either. I will buy all these ponies with spots.

I will buy two Holly Dash one for me and one for my cousins, but none of the mane 6. I hope they plan on releasing more in this wave and we just haven't seen them yet.

Next I'm very disappointed in TRU I really hope they at least have the single exclusive ("Zecora/Shadowbolt") still to show hoping it's a Changeling! And the favorites collection thankfully their were only 6 kiss ponies not 7 I believe so there is still hope!

Lastly is today the last day of the fair? Hopefully some of the rumors of seeing some SDCC stuff is true and we get to see some more stuff, as well as some upcoming funko ponies, we didn't see any of that!

For Sale Wants

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
So all we get for single brushables that isn't mane 6 is Holly Dash?

Yeah, I'm done.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2014, 08:26:39 AM »
Here are pics of Glittery Princess Twilight Sparkle & Trixie Lulamoon Vinyl Collectibles from Funko's section @Toy Fair

http://instagram.com/p/ke7qt9oy8x/

http://instagram.com/p/ke2Z3DIy04/

Besides some pics of the Mystery Minis these are all I've seen as far as ponies from Funko's section but I'm still keeping my eye out for pics. ;)

Also, TY Pony section
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7411850@N04/12582442253/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:01:38 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #418 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:32 AM »
Thanks for the pictures too bad they are standing on a light, still hard to tell if the cape is going to look that translucent in person well have to wait and see!

Btw they really should have at least showed the next two as well Applejack and Big Mac I mean we have already seen Applejack, so they would be only showing one more pony come on funko!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:32:05 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
I hope that they eventually make pony toys of the new dolls we see... some of the colour combinations are really pretty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal