collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have any plushies or toys that comfort you?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
I have Thari

When she arrived about two years ago, I was rather disappointed with her...but she is so soft and perfect for a hug when my dog is not in the mood that she's become my favourite. I can't sleep without her, she props up my shoulder and is still plump!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a lot of soft toy elephants, but Thari is special.

How come you were disappointed first? Was she smaller (or bigger) than expected? I think she's adorable. :) You can tell she's soft and smooshy just looking at her; those are my favorite kinds of plushies.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2014, 12:27:39 PM »
These stories are just so sweet :)

I love seeing everyone's cuddlies and hearing the stories behind them.

I have Taffy. She was actually my mom's when she was little. I found her in my grandmas basement, many moons ago and fell in love with her. When my mom came to pick me up from my Grandmas that day she was appalled that my grandma let me play with her and threw her away. I was obviously heart broken over the whole ordeal. But little did I know my grandma took her out of the trash when I left, washed her, restuffed her and dyed her pink again. That my friends was over 30 years ago and she still resides with me. She is tucked away in a glass case now but every now and then she comes out for a cuddle.

Aww, how sweet of your grandma to do that! It's good to hear you still have it after all these years :D
My Wish List

SkyDreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2014, 03:01:35 PM »
I have Thari

When she arrived about two years ago, I was rather disappointed with her...but she is so soft and perfect for a hug when my dog is not in the mood that she's become my favourite. I can't sleep without her, she props up my shoulder and is still plump!

I have a lot of soft toy elephants, but Thari is special.

How come you were disappointed first? Was she smaller (or bigger) than expected? I think she's adorable. :) You can tell she's soft and smooshy just looking at her; those are my favorite kinds of plushies.

I thought she was a bit vague, and her trunk was too short; plus the end of it - and her mouth - are a pink material that was bulging. She also had a strange tail.
I took a needle and thread to the annoying pink, making her mouth go in and stopping the bulge at the end of the trunk. I also made her a soft tuft of hair for the end of her tail from a mottled grey eyelash yarn.
Now I wouldn't change her!!

(It helps that she was cheap, and she's the only Asian elephant I have. All the others are African.)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
Awww...she's lovely though SkyDreamer!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Mad-March

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »
I'm not a hugely sentimental person, but I loooveee collecting plush and I'll switch them out for cuddling privileges every once in a while. My current cuddlebuddy is this big pickles the frog plush my dad got me ;w;

Offline myststar

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
I have a little rainbow sock monkey that my hubby got me for my birthday a few years ago.  I don't exactly sleep with it but it has to be somewhere in the bed next to me.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »
This is Ears the raccoon! He's made by an adorable company called Squishables, Inc. that makes lots of cute round animals! His name is Ears because he has no ringed tail to speak of!

He does have a really big story behind him though- I got him for my 22nd birthday as a gift from some of my closest friends and boyfriend. We were at a winter anime convention, and this company was in the vendors hall, where I fell in love with all the cute round babies. But the raccoon was my favorite. Anyway, he was a little pricey and also very big (I can hardly wrap both my arms around him), so I passed, regrettably.

Then later, when I was having coffee and a snack with my boyfriend, my other friends snuck off to 'fix their makeup and wigs' and then came back and surprised me with him! They all pooled their money to buy him for me, so I could have him just as we were going to leave. It's not an elaborate story, but he means so much to me.

Unfortunately, when I moved to Boston for some post-bad premedical studies, I had to ship him in a box from home. The box, upon arrival at my apartment, was stolen before I could even get to it. I was HEARTBROKEN, especially since Ears was the very first type of raccoon to be made, and they no longer made this exact raccoon plush! I contacted Squishable to see if somehow, they had any left in their old stock. Thankfully, they had TWO left, the last ones to ever exist, and they sent him to me. Of course, he is technically now not the 'same' raccoon my friends gave me, but my boyfriend and I said his soul was transferred to this new (identical) body, and that is good enough for me, even though my heart still aches a bit to think about it.

All the same, I can't live without him.

Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

TARDISGirl78

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
i have an old sock monkey my grandmother made me when i was born. it;s wearing out and dingy but my grandmother made for me and she passed away in 2006

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »
I have a stuffed scottish terrier dog that I've had since age 3. I still remember going to the store and picking her out. In the event of a natural disaster she's the first thing I grab. I don't have pics at this time, but I will take one later when I get home.

Edit, it's later.
She's the one on the right (can you tell there's over 20 years of love there? All those times of being hugged, washed and thrown against the wall).

The one on the left has a story.
Since the inception of ebay I have searched and scrounged the internet for another like this stuffie (I have always wanted a fluffy one-ah, memories). The tag is very clearly stitched. I had a very pleasant surprise when the hubby and I went away for two days on the 4th of July 2 years ago. HavAcrumpet452 took care of our doggie. When we came back the stuffed creature on the left was in my back room! I nearly died right there. She had found a knock-off version (oh, it was like my childhood once again, briefly)! Since that day I have slept with the newer one.  ^.^

I'm in love! Looks just like my Sarge.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:13:16 PM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
Kitty Kitty Kittens are very comforting!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
My Grey Wolf BAB Turka is one of my favorite plushies to cuddle, but the thing I need the most is my baby blanket.  If I don't have that I don't sleep.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:37 AM »
I use to have a blanket up to 17

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

G4Sweeties

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »
I have a Spongebob doll that's been for me for about a little more then a decade and is really dear to my heart :) My dad gave it to me when I was little and I fell in love with it because at the time I was totally obsessed with Spongebob. His eyes are a bit faded, and his earmuffs have no headband, also he has some minor stains but I love him to bits anyway!

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »
I have a scruffy grey dog that my youngest brother gave me before I moved out of the house. That was ten years ago so he's seen a lot of love!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:47 AM »
Aww.  I love this thread.  :lovey:

It's no secret that my little cookie monster goes everywhere with me.  He even stayed in hospital with me for two weeks after my caesarean and my baby's stay in NICU.

Love you Cooks XXXX

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal