collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Giant Plush Star Shimmer?  (Read 2803 times)

MistyMoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
Giant Plush Star Shimmer?
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:26:25 AM »
Someone was asking me about my ultimate grails, and I mentioned the 3-ft plush Hasbro made of their charity mascot Star Shimmer to tote around to charity events. I'm pretty sure there was only one in existence, and I think either Hasbro kept it or there was some giveaway to an ill child or charity donor.

And I ran a google search to show people what I was talking about, and couldn't find a picture anywhere! I know there was a picture at the time, I think on the Hasbro page about the Starlight Foundation around 2004. I checked pony wikis, everywhere, and didn't even see a mention of the plush!

Did anyone save a pic? Someone else remembers what I'm talking about, right? I feel like I'm going crazy!

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Plush Star Shimmer?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:54 AM »
It's not your imagination:
photo is not mine!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If anyone knows who this photo belongs to, please let me know, so I can give proper credit!

Sadly, I forgot where I saved this from, and it was before I started saving photos with the owners name/screen name.

halicabi
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
I did not know about that one!    I've seen pics of the Butterscotch one and the Kimono one.   Very cool :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:07:08 PM »
That is the only picture I have saved as well lol! And the only site I know which used to have a picture was Into The Sea [and I think, if I remember correctly, that picture was just a cropped edited version of the above]. If I remember rightly at the time most of the events were not camera friendly and there were only a handful of images which showed the plush but only one which showed her clearly.

She was given away at the end of the last event in a raffle; I dont think we ever knew who won her unfortunately. I certainly like to think she is out there somewhere and may show up one day. Kind of like the proto Star Catcher :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:46:11 AM »
Very pretty pony!