collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Intials J and sometimes A on ponies and accessories.  (Read 224 times)

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Intials J and sometimes A on ponies and accessories.
« on: January 23, 2014, 11:00:04 AM »
I don't collect anymore, and I'm getting ready to put the whole herd up on eBay. I've noticed a several ponies with the inital J (and sometimes A)under the hooves. I also have a lot of baby accessories with a J on them. I'm guessing I got them all together in a lot, I used to buy huge lots off eBay.
I was just wondering if they used to belong to anyone on here?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Intials J and sometimes A on ponies and accessories.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:52:33 PM »
Not me :P However I shall bump in the hope you can perhaps track that person down - that would be amazing for someone to be reunited with their childhood ponies.

Good luck with the sales and I am sorry you are no longer collecting - sometimes life just takes us in a different direction :hug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »
was one of them a g1 adult firefly or adult sundance?
those are the only two missing my me and my sister's childhood herd. (both have j. j. initials.)
though i think i put my full name on the hooves of my favorite ones.
(firefly was my sister's)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:36:05 AM »
When I was little my best friend and I loved ponies. She would bring her ponies over and we would play together. When it came time for her to go home, there was sometimes confusion or uncertainly as to which ponies were hers and which were mine. So my mother suggested writing our initials on their hooves. Mine was J (Jennifer) and my friend was A (Amanda).

One day, several years later, my mother decided I had grown too old for ponies and gave all my ponies to the family across the street. They had recently moved in and had young kids. We moved away from the neighborhood less than a year later, so I never saw the ponies again nor do I know what happened to them.

I'm sure lots of kids wrote their initials on their ponies though. So I realize the chance of finding my childhood ponies is probably pretty slim. I was kind of young. So I don't know if I can remember all of my ponies, but I remember quite a few, the ones I used to play the the most, and I can certainly try to remember the others. I had like 40 something ponies, I remember because I used to count them every time I put them away.  :P

That was a long time ago, but let's see how much I can remember. I remember Applejack, Sundance, TAF Fifi, Movie Version Firefly, Sparkle Babies Firefly, Gusty, and North Star, Rainbow Babies Brightbow and Starbow, Baby Princess Sparkle and Buggy, 2 Windys (I think one had a chewed horn), the Party Gift Pack with Party Time, Baby Frosting, Baby Celebrate, Yum Yum, and Best Wishes, Posey, Baby Tic Tac Toe, Baby Pineapple, Baby Beach Ball, Baby Palm Tree, Heart Throb, BBE Baby Heart Throb, BBE Baby Half Note, Majesty, Bright Glow, Bunny Hop, Secret Star, Sealight, Baby Sea Shimmer, Little Flitter, Princess Sparkle, Little Tabby, Sunspot, SS Magic Star, Baby Toe Dancer, Royal Pink Princess, Mermaid Babies Sea Princess and Pearly, Daisy Sweet, Strawberry Scoops, Ruby Lips, one of the Colorswirl Ponies (I wanna say Love Beam maybe). I also remember having the Baby Bonnet School of Dance, Dream Castle, and Lullaby Nursery.

Okay that was awesome. So many childhood memories came rushing back. Remembering one pony triggered a memory with more ponies and then another memory, and another. I had to use Ponyland Press help jog my memory, to look up some names (like which Precious Pocket pony I had or which Perfume Puff I had), or what the names of those Baby Mermaid ponies were, and I'm still not sure which Colorswirl pony I had. But I think I was able to remember almost all of my childhood ponies, I guess I had never really tried very hard to remember them all before now.

This was fun. Thanks for helping me get back those memories. :)

~Jennifer
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:15:36 AM by Jennifer2004 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal