collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Quick Question Regarding G1 Ponies...  (Read 229 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Quick Question Regarding G1 Ponies...
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:21:44 AM »
Hello ya'll,
I was wondering what are the risk factors (if there are any) when it comes to water and G1 ponies.
I really need to wash Galaxy's hair DX (she stays in my bed alot, and she has MAJOR bed head!!!) and she is my very first G1 pony, and I don't wanna risk anything if I were to wash her mane and tail (like, would it speed up the regrind process? Mind you, she isn't showing any yet :P
etc.,..)
Thank you all for your kind answers, tips and advices  ^.^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question Regarding G1 Ponies...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
Basically just try not to let the water enter inside their bodies or you may get rust or mould  :cry:
I wash their hair by holding the pony upside down and wet the hair as close to the body without getting the roots wet.
I then shampoo and condition using the same stuff I use (well if it's good enough for me lol ) while the conditioner is still in the hair I gentle comb out the tangles then gently rinse out and pat dry with a towel till only damp, then leave to dry in a safe place :)
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:59:58 AM »
Yep, dry them in such a manner so as make sure they don't have water left inside their bodies.  Hanging over a heater vent or a radiator helps, tail hole at lowest point.  Sometimes you have to turn them around a bit, if their legs have funny poses.  I would say honestly, though, that I take the heads off about 80% of my ponies unless they are pristine from collector to collector condition. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »
Yes I agree, the only real worry is getting water inside them and then making sure they are completely dried out in order to prevent tail rust. :)

Good luck with the salon trip for Galaxy!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »
And what about flat ironing or anything of the sort? (I have used a flat iron on G3 and G4 ponies, and they were perfectly fine. G1s are just different :P and I just wanna make sure :3)
Oh no!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 04:33:29 PM »
I flat iron my ponies, never had any problems until today. Melted Shining Armor's mohawk. -_________________- today has been a bad day for my ponies. It's pissing me off.

Anyway, it should work, just make sure the temperature is really low. It may cause frizzing, too.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
I flat iron my ponies, never had any problems until today. Melted Shining Armor's mohawk. -_________________- today has been a bad day for my ponies. It's pissing me off.

Anyway, it should work, just make sure the temperature is really low. It may cause frizzing, too.
Ya it's low :P and i'm sorry about Shing Armor's troll hair :( but then again, it's troll hair  -_-
Don't take it out on yourself :P it's Hasbroken's idea to give him that kinda hair :s
Oh no!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »

Ya it's low :P and i'm sorry about Shing Armor's troll hair :( but then again, it's troll hair  -_-
Don't take it out on yourself :P it's Hasbroken's idea to give him that kinda hair :s

It was the fashion style version, with the big mohawk. I tried to straighten it so I could spike it better and it just melted. >_< I did my best at fixing it.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »

It was the fashion style version, with the big mohawk. I tried to straighten it so I could spike it better and it just melted. >_< I did my best at fixing it.
Oh :o the ends of mine just splayed apart and became frizzier, a major nuisance now, I tell ya  >_<
Oh no!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:12 AM »
And what about flat ironing or anything of the sort? (I have used a flat iron on G3 and G4 ponies, and they were perfectly fine. G1s are just different :P and I just wanna make sure :3)

Its the same hair [actually a better quality on the G1s if the break down in G3s is any indication :(] - so you can treat it the same when it comes to flat ironing.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal