collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A question for any Rainbow Brite collectors out there  (Read 301 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
A question for any Rainbow Brite collectors out there
« on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
I'm fairly certain I got the accessories(boots and dress) for the vintage Tickled Pink doll.  Ghost of the Doll seems to indicate that she's a rare doll that came at the end of the line and was released in limited quantities.  I'm wondering if the dress and boots are worth anything on their own, and if so, how much?  They are in excellent clean condition with no tears or stains. 

Thanks!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Re: A question for any Rainbow Brite collectors out there
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »
I'm sure they are, but I have no clue what. (My Tickled Pink is missing her boots BTW.)

sailorstitch

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:06:50 AM »
Yes, definitely.  I just bought a really NM and complete Tickled Pink for $65 (though I probably could have gotten her for a little less if I'd been patient).  I'm fairly new to Rainbow Brite and am no expert, but I'd think the dress and boots would be worth at least $20 by themselves, maybe more.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:40:18 AM »
Sounds like quite the find! Good luck with your sale!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:18 AM »
Congrats on your luck!  Hope you are able to find a great home for them!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
Congrats on the find!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 11:45:03 AM »
The doll with her dress and boots is super popular; she goes for at least $30+ on eBay and sometimes more.  So, I'd say the dress and boots should be worth half that, at least $15?

I might be interested in the dress. . ,
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
About 6 years ago I helped a friend of mine sell her daughters' RBB dolls. They had two MINT condition Tickled Pink dolls. I sold them for $50 each.

sailorstitch

ETA: Just found this on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAINBOW-BRITE-TICKLED-PINK-DRESSES-vintage-80s-rare-mattel-hallmark-2-/231107485102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cf145dae&nma=true&si=JproVY0%252Bs2pFJNX2yFIMFUH2O1s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The other dress (Rainbow Brite's) is worth less than $5 so most of the sale price is for Tickled Pink's dress.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:15:09 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 01:58:21 AM »
A big thank you to everyone who replied!   I found the dress and boots in a lot of accessories and ponies.  I'm always getting random stuff in pony lots, mostly junk that I'll never be able to identify.   This time I recognized these as possibly being Rainbow Brite accessories.  I went to Ghost of the Doll to try to make sure.  There they were, big as life:p  Even though the only 80s toy I really collect is MLP, it's always fun to find a little 80s toy treasure:)  The lot I got also came with what looks like a complete butterfly Shimmer, and some Jem combs:p  It was one heck of an 80s lot!

I'm not a Rainbow Brite collector, so the dress and boots will be for trade or sale if anybody's interested.  I'm always happy to pass on non-MLP stuff to collectors who will love it more than I ever could:p 

The white diamond with the pink star on the chest seems to have a *little* bit of dinginess to it(play dirt?).  It's not bad at all, but it's not fresh-from-the-package white either(unless it's supposed to be like that straight from the package).  The bottom tip of the diamond is curling up slightly.  Behind the diamond it looks like a backing piece of fabric is a bit creased, but it doesn't show on display.  You can only see it when you pull the diamond away from the rest of the dress. 

Other than that, the whole thing is pretty much mint.  All seams are good, no stains at all, the white satin trim on the dress is bright white, and all the pink fabric is a shocking pink.  The yellow crinkle fabric is perfect.  No fading, tears, or snags on the dress or the boots.  The velcro seems like it's hardly been used. Overall, it's just a lovely set!  I can provide pictures for anybody's who's interested.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal