collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collection ideas! & MyFroggyStuff shoutout!  (Read 842 times)

Offline Pop!Star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Collection ideas! & MyFroggyStuff shoutout!
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »
Hello!

I'm expanding my collection of MLP into other venues! Just this year I have doubled my MLP collection, was able to get some old childhood ponies back, like Fizzy, and even ones I never had but always wanted like Dancing Butterflies and Creamsicle the Giraffe!

I've also recently started collecting, Equestria Girls, Barbie, Novi Stars, Zelfs, and Kawaii Crush.

I was looking to get into other dolls, and was wondering some of your idea for newer collections!

Here's a basic run down of what I have

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just a few photos, don't want to bombard you!

This is also not my entire collection! Most of
My ponies are not shown! I'm also working on a custom doll house made from an old bookshelf with ideas from MyFroggyStuff!

So what else do you think I should collect? I want it to all match, ykno?

I also dislike duplicates, so I prefer dolls to not even look similar!

Was thinking about getting into Monster High, not too big of a fan but though Lagoona and Rochelle would fit in nicely with my collection!

Tell me what YOU think!

ALSO! Just wanted to ask if anyone watched MyFroggyStuff on YouTube, and if you do, show me some of your craft projects!

If you're not familar with MFS it's a doll craft channel on YouTube where she teaches you how to turn simple household items, or old doll boxes into beautiful furniture, props, food, etc. For your doll!

Thanks for checking out my thread!

xoxo

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
Re: Collection ideas! & MyFroggyStuff shoutout!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
I collect Pinkie Cooper along with ponies. I am not sure if you would be interested in her. I also had a collection of quarter machine crap

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »
What kind of price range are you looking at? Do you mainly prefer play line toys?

I mainly collect Barbie (especially 80s & older) & other vintage dolls. But there might be some other 80s/90s dolls that'd fit with what you collect?
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

G4Sweeties

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
Ah! I love froggystuff! She inspired me to be a little more creative with my shelves. You have a nice collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »
MH is fun (and addicting!). Rochelle would fit in very well, she's so sweet!

If you do look at 80's dolls the Moondreamers would be perfect (esp since the two little ones share MLP Molly's head/body mold) Showing off mine:

I recommend checking out  TheToyboxPhilosopher; the author reviews
both collectible and playline dolls. The reviews are in depth with pros and cons and tons of pics. She's also funny as heck :lol::
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:52:28 PM »
What a fun collection! :D I love how all of your ponies and dolls hang out together! Sweet!!

I Adore Froggy!!!!! She is totally Fabsome!!! :lovey:

both collectible and playline dolls. The reviews are in depth with pros and cons and tons of pics. She's also funny as heck :lol::

Oooooo, Thanks for the link; I had never heard of her!!! Good reviews are Priceless!! :frolic:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 02:28:21 AM »
What a fun-looking collection!  :biggrin:

As for collecting ideas, what about toys that work with the ones you already have?  Whether it's in terms of style or size or just complimentary colours - that way you could collect some MH (or other lines that you aren't an overall fan of) but not feel that you needed to own the whole series, since that wouldn't be the goal of your collection.

But then, I'm a fan of eclectic collections - your desire to be a completionist may vary! ;)

Blog

Offline Pop!Star

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »
I collect Pinkie Cooper along with ponies. I am not sure if you would be interested in her. I also had a collection of quarter machine crap

Great suggestion! I think I'd much prefer her friend Pepper, though. She's a similar theme but not typical blonde and pink! Thanks again!

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 07:16:19 PM

What kind of price range are you looking at? Do you mainly prefer play line toys?

I mainly collect Barbie (especially 80s & older) & other vintage dolls. But there might be some other 80s/90s dolls that'd fit with what you collect?

I definitely am not a fan of paying more than $10 for a doll. $5 is ideal! I was able to get so many Barbies this Christmas for $5 all of 2012's Fashionista's!

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

Ah! I love froggystuff! She inspired me to be a little more creative with my shelves. You have a nice collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She actually inspired me to start the bookshelf dollhouse, and thank you I really appreciate it! Have any pictures of yours?

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 07:19:03 PM

MH is fun (and addicting!). Rochelle would fit in very well, she's so sweet!

If you do look at 80's dolls the Moondreamers would be perfect (esp since the two little ones share MLP Molly's head/body mold) Showing off mine:

Thanks so much! Moon Dremers are cute, and I love they use Mollys old mold! I'll definitely be checking out te Philosopher!

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 07:20:30 PM

What a fun collection! :D I love how all of your ponies and dolls hang out together! Sweet!!

I Adore Froggy!!!!! She is totally Fabsome!!! :lovey:

Oooooo, Thanks for the link; I had never heard of her!!! Good reviews are Priceless!! :frolic:

Oh thanks, I try my best to have a meaningful collection! I'm not a competionist, I like to have things that have a meaning!

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 07:22:30 PM

What a fun-looking collection!  :biggrin:

As for collecting ideas, what about toys that work with the ones you already have?  Whether it's in terms of style or size or just complimentary colours - that way you could collect some MH (or other lines that you aren't an overall fan of) but not feel that you needed to own the whole series, since that wouldn't be the goal of your collection.

But then, I'm a fan of eclectic collections - your desire to be a completionist may vary! ;)

Yes this is exactly what I want to do! I think Zelfs inspired me to start collecting MH, because it's almost like they match! Even some Zelds match out ponies!

I love suggestions though, if you think there's a doll or you you think would look great on my shelf!

I have a $25 GC burning a hole through my pocket!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:22:30 PM by Pop!Star »

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
I collect Pinkie and all her friends. I think I like Ginger the best. Unfortunately, there is only one Pepper and Ginger doll so far. I left a message on their Facebook page on if there was another wave coming out soon? They never answered but, answered everyone else. hmm....

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »
Why not just go check out the toy isle of your local Target/TRU etc. and see what appeals to you? Or if you want to get into older dolls, Ghost of the Doll is a great ID website for 80s/90s toys. Spend your money on a doll line that YOU find really pretty/cute/cool to look at.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
I love Myfroggystuff and have made a couch (which my dogs got ahold of and destroyed... I hope to be able to make another one soon!

Offline Pop!Star

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
Why not just go check out the toy isle of your local Target/TRU etc. and see what appeals to you? Or if you want to get into older dolls, Ghost of the Doll is a great ID website for 80s/90s toys. Spend your money on a doll line that YOU find really pretty/cute/cool to look at.

Well, I've done that, but I'd like personal suggestions too, ykno?

snowblossum

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 07:59:49 AM »
Is there picture of my Froggy doll displays? I watch the you tube videos and tutorials but am I missing the pictures of their collections

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal