collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New UK dolls: Kingdom Dolls- anyone getting one?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: New UK dolls: Kingdom Dolls- anyone getting one?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 10:23:33 PM »
I bet they are similar size/shape to Sybarites (also UK 16" fashion dolls) which are also similar to Tonner 16" dolls (Which I have one of but they are plastic and not as articulated). But they have tons of clothing and shoes you can buy on EBay for reasonable.

The nice thing about expensive dolls is that they not only hold their value but tend to appreciate pretty quickly after the run has sold out. I paid $213 for my Tonner Jack Sparrow and he was immediately worth $230 by the time he arrived and has since sold out so I have no clue how much he is worth. (Not selling though ;) )

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 10:37:08 PM »
If $499 is the usual price, which seems very low IMHO, that's a damn good price for a resin BJD with that kind of detail. Most bjd's are normally $600+ at that size. I paid a custom doll maker that makes fashion dolls like that ..about...$700 including his full armor and super dark skin. He's going to be a Drow. So, $499 really would be a fair price compared to other doll makers and companies out there. I really don't understand why these companies limit the time frame or amount of dolls they make. If they just sold them for a while longer, or brought them back, they would make so much more money off of them! There are a ton of older dolls I would dish out money to in a heart beat...if I had it that is. Lol. But, 30 dolls or 45 dolls? That's just insane!

Here's the artist I bought mine from-http://daliladolls.deviantart.com/-well, mine is still in the making. His leather armor takes a while. >.>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:39:39 PM by SoldierofTwilight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:37 AM »
Interestingly enough- they went on sale about 3 minutes earlier than they had stated they'd be available...  I was using the page refresh starting at about five minutes before the hour.  Good thing!

I'll confess I bought one.  Darn you Salli! lol  :biggrin:

The site says now that she sold out in less than 60 seconds-   I wonder if they mean 60 seconds after 10:00 a.m., or 60 seconds total?   

Anyway- maybe now Salli you will come down for the next Seattle pony/dolly meet  :biggrin:

I think it was this picture that sold me on her-  she does look like an angel here...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:35:34 AM by Galactica »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
YAY!!!!! I'll not apologize, cuz I am so jealous!  ;)

Part of me wants to see her so bad, but part of me is worried that I will burst into tears in melodramatic fashion. Oh, and I am DEFINITELY coming up for the next meet.

When you get her you have to spam us with pics though :D

Post Merge: January 31, 2014, 01:49:20 PM

If $499 is the usual price, which seems very low IMHO, that's a damn good price for a resin BJD with that kind of detail. Most bjd's are normally $600+ at that size. I paid a custom doll maker that makes fashion dolls like that ..about...$700 including his full armor and super dark skin. He's going to be a Drow. So, $499 really would be a fair price compared to other doll makers and companies out there. I really don't understand why these companies limit the time frame or amount of dolls they make. If they just sold them for a while longer, or brought them back, they would make so much more money off of them! There are a ton of older dolls I would dish out money to in a heart beat...if I had it that is. Lol. But, 30 dolls or 45 dolls? That's just insane!

Here's the artist I bought mine from-http://daliladolls.deviantart.com/-well, mine is still in the making. His leather armor takes a while. >.>

Soldier ofT, is that from the R.A.Salvatore stories? It's been forever since I read, but I have always wanted to see a dark elf doll! Thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:49:20 PM by Salli »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 01:56:15 PM »
Sell some of your epic customs and get one yourself!  I won't lie I am feeling very elated now and not regretful at all-  however I have resolved to sell off as many MH dolls as possible and a few other dolls to make financial room for her...

I will be spamming like crazy once I get her-  shipping was a whopping $55 so she'd better get here REALLY REALLY FAST.

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 02:49:52 PM »
congrats Galactica!Can't wait to see some pics! ;)
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 03:14:54 PM »
Thanks Violet!

Well Salli- judging from the personal nature of the email thanking me for my purchase (from Amanda, Alexandra and Sarannah) I suspect that production is limited because these three ladies are probably the one doing the painting- and maybe some of the sewing too?  If that is the case than it is no wonder the edition numbers are so small.

I mentioned her to my Integrity board peeps- and it seems like she has a lot of fans already, so I think these are going to do well.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »
Congrats Galactica!

I have to agree that is an excellent price! Especially if the quality is as good as the pictures.  I can imagine how time consuming it will be if the artists themselves are doing all the work.

I really want one. But I couldn't part with any of my dolls at this point.  I'm too sentimental. I will resign myself to squeeing over everyone's dolls here.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2014, 04:28:13 PM »
Sell some of your epic customs and get one yourself!  I won't lie I am feeling very elated now and not regretful at all-  however I have resolved to sell off as many MH dolls as possible and a few other dolls to make financial room for her...

I will try, I have to catch up on commissions first, plus I am slow going because I am involved in a top secret doll magazine venture  :shifty: so I need to work on this more. I am going to try to customize & costume one of my Tonner boy dolls into a version of Sherlock (the one played by Mr. Cumberbatch) and see if he sells for enough to pay for one of these girls.

Must. Own. (Actually $55 is better than expected what with customs and all. I sent a pony off recently to the UK that cost $26 to ship!  :shocked: I will be taking a break from swaps for the moment, needless to say.) I really want to make clothes for these gals to sell :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »
Ooooh- I really want you to make clothes for these gals too!!!

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »
Soldier ofT, is that from the R.A.Salvatore stories? It's been forever since I read, but I have always wanted to see a dark elf doll! Thanks for the link!

Exactly! I loooooove the Legends of Drizzt, by far my fav. I played DnD with my fiance a lot, but he was the one that turned me on to the books. I still have a lot of books to go through, I'm only on the third one, but then again, school keeps me pretty busy now. I usually try to read them when I'm at work. That sounds bad, huh? Heh. ^-^
~SoT

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

Exactly! I loooooove the Legends of Drizzt, by far my fav. I played DnD with my fiance a lot, but he was the one that turned me on to the books. I still have a lot of books to go through, I'm only on the third one, but then again, school keeps me pretty busy now. I usually try to read them when I'm at work. That sounds bad, huh? Heh. ^-^
~SoT

I totally understand. The books were super good. I LOVED how he wrote a fight scene. I was so amazed that he could do it so well without being overly verbose. I need to get the series for a friend of mine. You HAVE to post pix when your doll gets done :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
OMG she just arrived.    Wow though she is really really well packaged- nude- with extra packing around her face so her eyelashes don't crush- her wig and clothing are also individually packed. She is really lovely-  I'll have to sneak some pictures when more people go home... (honestly I can't imagine what my boss would think if he walked in, lol)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
OMG she just arrived.    Wow though she is really really well packaged- nude- with extra packing around her face so her eyelashes don't crush- her wig and clothing are also individually packed. She is really lovely-  I'll have to sneak some pictures when more people go home... (honestly I can't imagine what my boss would think if he walked in, lol)

That was fast! How exciting!!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:38 PM »
I really should go home now but just had to get her out of her box and put on her clothes! I LOVE her wig- and her coloring-  and her joints are pretty too-

Here's what she looked like when she arrived!  Check out the crazy packaging:

She's just as pretty as her promo shots... (behind spoiler cuz she's nude)
Spoiler

That little black jacket is adorable- but man what a pain to put on.  I had to take off her hands - hook the elastic to a paperclip, and carefully thread it through... jeeze.

I have a Tulabelle 16" doll at home- and an Ellowyn type doll- I'm very eager to compare their looks and how well their clothes will fit. 

Unfortunately- it seems her eyelashes are loose.  It was probably my fault when I was unpacking or dressing her-  I am a bit afraid to apply more glue- as I don't want it to slop over her eyes- but will need to at some point.  Any tips o Salli master customizer ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal