collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New UK dolls: Kingdom Dolls- anyone getting one?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: New UK dolls: Kingdom Dolls- anyone getting one?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
I sure hope that future runs are much bigger! 

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »
I sure hope that future runs are much bigger!

Yep. I'm sure they will make a ton of money on these 2 releases. So hopefully that translates to more dollies per release. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
I am so torn on Nelson...  I didn't want her until I saw her full promo shots and her outfit... Damn she's gorgeous.  That face up and the details on her outfit! AND she's full resin-

BUT she is expensive-  my wife would freak the f out if she ever knew I spent so much on a doll...  but she is soooooooooo gorgeous....

I might just try for her- knowing that it is EXTREMELY unlikely I'll get her.  (Seriously people, 60 dolls?)  I'll either be freaked out and happy if I get her- or super relieved (yet freaked out) if I don't- so I guess I have no choice, right? Lol.  Plus, the one I want even more is Breighton- who is even more ridiculously limited... maybe if I got Nelson and not Breighton- I could find someone willing to swap  :biggrin:  (right, one of the THIRTY)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:07:43 AM »
I am so torn on Nelson...  I didn't want her until I saw her full promo shots and her outfit... Damn she's gorgeous.  That face up and the details on her outfit! AND she's full resin-

BUT she is expensive-  my wife would freak the f out if she ever knew I spent so much on a doll...  but she is soooooooooo gorgeous....

I might just try for her- knowing that it is EXTREMELY unlikely I'll get her.  (Seriously people, 60 dolls?)  I'll either be freaked out and happy if I get her- or super relieved (yet freaked out) if I don't- so I guess I have no choice, right? Lol.  Plus, the one I want even more is Breighton- who is even more ridiculously limited... maybe if I got Nelson and not Breighton- I could find someone willing to swap  :biggrin:  (right, one of the THIRTY)

Or if you ever got sick of her you could sell her to me nude :lookround: lol! I think I do want a version that has long, brown hair. I am obsessed with the idea of the working parasol they are working on and wonder if it will be released with a doll as opposed to by itself. If so, I may be forced to get that doll.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 08:47:31 AM »
Oh I hope they do that!  And hopefully the doll will be in a larger run...

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »
shiiiish!expensive! they are so pretty but in this price they should come with a real diamond too!
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »
They are actually surprisingly in line with other resin fashion dolls-  (thinking of the resin Evangeline Ghastly and any number of resin BJDs) I guess the hand painting and design time gets expensive.

Offline Miss Violet

• Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 04:31:14 PM »
I am a newbie considering dolls !Imagine i discovered Dal and J-dolls from the Arena 3 months ago!:P
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:12 PM »
Plastic fashion dolls are usually cheaper (ie Integrity) but can still be in the $130 range-  I think it's because a person has to hand paint the faces and sew the tiny details-  but it really is worth it some times, I do love a beautifully made doll.

Offline Miss Violet

• Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 04:35:34 PM »
Plastic fashion dolls are usually cheaper (ie Integrity) but can still be in the $130 range-  I think it's because a person has to hand paint the faces and sew the tiny details-  but it really is worth it some times, I do love a beautifully made doll.
do you have any dolls in your collection?what is your opinion for j-dolls?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »
I have one J-doll- they are cute but the clothing is super cheap and the hair is just awful- I think they are pretty for what they are-  I got one and re-haired her and re-dressed her and she looks quite a bit better.   :biggrin:

I love Dal- I have a few Pullips and Dal, they are super cute!  I do wish they had nicer face-ups though.

Offline Miss Violet

• Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
I have one J-doll- they are cute but the clothing is super cheap and the hair is just awful- I think they are pretty for what they are-  I got one and re-haired her and re-dressed her and she looks quite a bit better.   :biggrin:
i agree with the clothing ,the hair it's not that bad at least on my doll,,what is your dolls name?And how did you re-hair her? :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 04:41:24 PM »
Hmm, I don't even know her name- someone on the Arena was nice enough to help me get one from Tuesday Morning.  The outfit she came with was stunningly awful-  but their faces are sweet.  I tore off her glued on wig and bought a new one for her at a doll show  :biggrin:

Offline Miss Violet

• Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
thanks for the info  Galactica! ^.^

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »
Sure- sorry I don't know that I've been particularly helpful-  I don't actually know what size wigs J-dolls fit- but you could probably ask someone in the dollhouse - I'm sure someone would know?  Then you could just order one offline or even on ebay.

As for clothes- Hobbylink Japan is a great place to shop-  if you are looking for clothes- my J-doll fit perfectly into a "Pure neemo M" size-  http://www.hlj.com/product/AZNPNM084BLK

As for getting back on topic-  I do wonder what might actually fit Kingdom Dolls, it would be pretty cool if they offered nude dolls for sale at some point, since the outfit is usually a huge part of the cost... 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal