collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: AGAIN! 3 packages are "missing" labeled as delivered, and arent!!! *UPDATE*  (Read 322 times)

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
I am having USPS problems AGAIN. I orderd a pick up for 4 packages from my employer, I wasnt working when they were picked up. 3 days later a buyer filed a case saying the tracking is wrong, and they didnt get their item. it says it was delivered TO my town in NJ!!! and thats the ONLY tracking info on it!! i checked the other 3 i sent that day and they ALL say that!!!! I was on the hold with USPS CS for an hour and a half, i gave up.

One of the packages definitely arrived because the buyer left feedback. the other 2 havent said anything and I DONT want to ask them in fear that theyll lie n say no. buyer who filed the case emailed me again today asking if I found anything out. I think its suspicious that the ONLY first class package gets there NO problem, but the priority one is missing?

has anyone else had this problem?? it seems like its going to be a NIGHTMARE getting my item or $$ back. i filed a complaint online, i hope that leads to something...

**UPDATE*** Well an entire week after I sent it, it showed up. still not sure if the buyer realize they wont get away with lying or if it really did take that long, with how horrible USPS has been lately, could go either way!!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:12:30 PM by StarGleamer »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: AGAIN! 3 packages are "missing" labeled as delivered, and arent!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:45:55 PM »
It sounds to me like USPS really screwed up somewhere. Since it is showing the delivery destination, as somewhere in your hometown, it sounds like it may have been misent. The post office when you called should have been able to tell you where it was actually delivered (the street address, not just the town)? So that part confuses me?  If I was you I would perhaps make a visit to your local PO, they most likely will be able to help you better than calling USPS on the phone.

As far as the case going, I would normally say your in the clear but if the delivery location is not showing as theirs, it maybe a problem  :huh:

I would respond to the case and let your buyer know that you have been in contact with your PO and are doing everything you can to find their package. Just try and reassure them so they do not escalate the case before you have time to really look into it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 11:56:43 PM »
I have had this problem - well, my parents have. Here's what probably happened. The scanner at the post office was set to the "delivered" setting instead on the "accepted" setting. So when the packages were scanned in at the post office to be sent on their way, they were marked as delivered.

My parents run an online business and they had this happen with a whole days worth of mail. It was kind of a nightmare and their customers were freaking out as well. BUT - all the packages got to their destinations. Luckily the tracking code is not used to route the parcels, so the rest of the shipping process went as it usually did with the USPS doing their thing and getting the package to the destination. The tracking just never updated.

I'd call the PO and ask if they think that's what might have happened.

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:40:29 AM »
i figured they scanned it in wrong. i hope theres a way for them to retrieve some sort of info. i really dont want to get screwed, im afraid the PO wouldnt accept an insurance claim for non delivery :(

I cant even get to my PO right now cuz Im sick with the flu. Im almost positive this buyer is lying about not getting their item. I just love how ebay lets buyers be totally dishonest!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal