collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: accessory questions: Flutters and sea ponies (US vs. UK editions)  (Read 240 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Questions, please, for fellow collectors who also obsess over accessories:

For the second group of Flutters (Tropical Breeze, Wingsong, Wind Drifter, & Cloud Puff), did the US and UK versions come with different ribbons?  I think they each had a different color, not like the gold and silver ones that came with the first group.  But I'm also under the impression that the US versions came with gold-edged ribbons similar to princess ribbons, while the UK versions had colored metallic ribbons similar to those that came with Summer Wings.

Is the pink clam shell that came with US sea pony Seawinkle the same as the pink clam shell that came with UK Surf Dancer (blue with yellow hair)?

And finally, which UK sea ponies came with the yellow brush and comb set?

Thanks!  I'm confused. :what:
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: accessory questions: Flutters and sea ponies (US vs. UK editions)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »
Yes you are right on the flutters :) Our second release flutters came with full metallic ribbons [they were essentially winger ribbon] while in the US they got Princess style ribbons.

Not quite on the clam shells - they are very very similar however and its really not significantly noticeable to be honest. You only really see it if you compare them side by side. They UK shell is a touch more pink than the US one, the US one has a teeny tiny teeny little more purple shading in it and a touch darker in shade. And its Seaspray who came with the yellow comb and brush.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
Hathorcat, maybe you can confirm this for me.   The UK seapony shells that I have have a white suction cup. The US ones I have are colored the same as the shell color.   Do you know if that's pretty much true across the board, or did the UK also get some color suction cups with their shells too?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:31:54 AM »
No we only got white suction cups...at least on the purple and pink shells. However, of all the purple shells I have had, at least half of them were missing the suction cups - sometimes I wonder if a lot of them were sold missing them altogether. But that could easily just be coincidence. On all the yellow shells I have had the suction cups are not as solid a white as with the pink and purple - they always seem to have a yellowish tinge to them not always that far off the shell colour.
Loa is my love god!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »
OH!!!!  The UK suction cups are SUPPOSED to be white?!  I thought mine were faded!!  Well that's good news.

You're a fountain of accessory knowledge, Cat; thank you!

Ugh, today I was going through some accessories that came with a lovely group of So Softs I bought.  Most had their original accessories with them, which was great, but a few were mixed up.  Since we're on the subject of accessories anyway, can I bug you with a few more questions?

My new Paradise came with her correct comb and a fairly pale minty green ribbon.  Ponylandtours shows a brighter, more medium green for her, and mylittlewiki seems to agree, but Dream Valley says "soft green."  Could there be color variations, or is the mint green ribbon just wrong?

And I'm also wondering about the ribbon on my new Ribbon.  ;)  It's a fairly bright orange-red, almost neon.  Ponylandtours shows a fairly bright and dark pink ribbon for Ribbon, while mylittlewiki shows an almost neon orange.  Dream Valley says "soft orange-red."
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »
You're a fountain of accessory knowledge, Cat; thank you!

I agree!!   That's really interesting about the yellow shell -- I'll have to check mine out :D    And yes, there are plenty of US shells missing their suction cups.   I remember them sticking very well to the side of the tub.  They pop out much more easily than they pop back into the shells. 

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:27:56 PM »
To follow up on my next round of questions, I took another look at Paradise's ribbon and compared it to some other SS ribbons.  It looks very similar to the ribbons for Truly, North Star, and Lofty.  I guess maybe it's not a pale minty green after all; maybe it's more pale blue.  I did also get Lofty from this seller, and she wasn't wearing a ribbon, so I'm wondering if it's hers. Anyway, as I said, the ribbons for Lofty, North Star, and Truly all seem to be about the same color.  Are they all the same?  The ribbons for Twist and Hippity Hop seem to be about the same too, a very pale lavender, almost grayish off-white (kinda like Windy the rainbow unicorn).

Post Merge: January 15, 2014, 02:58:07 PM
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:29:37 PM by kellyponyfeathers »

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 06:33:57 AM »
Bumping, inquiring minds want to know!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 06:43:20 AM »
Sorry - I am catching up :)

There is some variety in ribbons - occasionally a pony will be packaged with a different colour. But in the main ribbon colours are surprisingly consistent across the G1 line - at least within a country [between different countries then colours can change]. So while you could get some variety it would be unusual rather than something expected.

Paradise's ribbon is more of a dark green - darker than the ones which came with Windy [MM] and Posey etc. Its actually darker and more green than her comb.

Lofty has a blue ribbon - other than white its the most common colour of MLP ribbon; North Star's is more of a light aqua in colour and Truly's is a light blue (lighter than Lofty's, less green than North Star's].

Does that help at all?
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal