collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I miss a memo again...?  (Read 1188 times)

Pepinoreno

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Did I miss a memo again...?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 12:12:51 AM »
I guess I'm pretty lucky with my local Salvation army store, I have found five G1 & several G1 board games (all at different times) none priced over $2.00

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »
  I was recently pretty let down with a local antique/vintage store.  They actually had an 80's toy area/booth, so of course I've been stalking occasionally visiting, waiting for MLP to show up... their other prices didn't seem bad, although I wasn't familiar with most of it...

Then finally I walk in to see a normal Firefly in a baggie, not clean, some glitter loss but not bad- 12.99  :blink:  My only comfort is that since they don't know MLP, maybe one day there will be a Mimic in a baggie for 12.99, too  :silly: 

Pepinoreno

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 08:14:11 AM »
  I was recently pretty let down with a local antique/vintage store.  They actually had an 80's toy area/booth, so of course I've been stalking occasionally visiting, waiting for MLP to show up... their other prices didn't seem bad, although I wasn't familiar with most of it...

Then finally I walk in to see a normal Firefly in a baggie, not clean, some glitter loss but not bad- 12.99  :blink:  My only comfort is that since they don't know MLP, maybe one day there will be a Mimic in a baggie for 12.99, too  :silly:

That's a good way to think of it! While that is a lot of money for some ponies, its a real steal for others!

Offline Willowhawk

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »
The "Look! Rare!" tags on ebay listings drive me NUTS!! I refuse to even look at them. Grr!

The thrift stores here seem to gotten the idea that *anything* vaguely resembling a pony must be gold, so they put three or four in a bag-- a G3, maybe (but usually just a McD's toy), a Bratz pony, a couple other things with hair-- and then slap a $6.99 price tag on it. Once in a GREAT while I'll find half a dozen semi-decent ponies (obviously part of a single donation) split up among as many bags, and all insanely overpriced. It's just sad. :(
Pony hugs!

~Willow

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
On Ebay it's so frustrating when it's a pony you want and can't easily find and the seller wants a ridiculous amount of money for it. Trying to find a Bootsie/Tootsie teeny tiny twin pair for my sister, I tried to make an offer on a set that was listed at $89! My offer wasn't accepted . . . (I later found them both for much better prices.) And right now I'm watching a lot of five or six mostly baity ponies with one non-MLP item that I really want, and the seller wants $50 or so. Not worth it, so I'm hoping they'll go down in price.

popyduggan

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 11:24:11 PM »
I've grown to dislike Ebay in general in the past few years, but what I really hate is when people think that the bloated seller prices are fair and realistic.

It's like the only place you can go to currently to get a fair shake is a flea market or thrift store, unless of course they use Ebay as a price guide like Gamestop does with their used tat.I mean, ideally Ebay is supposed to make selling easier, not sleazier. /vent

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »
I have no choice but to buy online... Impossible to find ponies in thrift stores, etc around here anymore. Last time I found a G1 must have been almost 10 years ago. :/ At least we have the Arena and the TP!

But yeah... I have seen so many overpriced eBay listings for ponies and other 80s toys. I have been wanting a Kendall Shimmer centaur for ever but I guess they are scarce and prices are high on ebay.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »
Argh. This frustrates me to no end. Can't people just do a bit of research? In the end I'm torn between being amused and annoyed and wanting to reach through the Internet to the item's poster and shout, "See this? Stop it!"
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Tenar

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
I can't imagine those are actually selling for those prices

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal