collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay package says "delivered" but it wasn't  (Read 340 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
eBay package says "delivered" but it wasn't
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:28:43 AM »
I just checked the tracking on one of the items I ordered on eBay (show accurate colored :muffin: Funko Mini) and it says it was delivered yesterday. The problem is, it wasn't. I was sitting at my computer desk, which is next to the window that overlooks my mail box (it's literally 3 feet from the window) and I watched her put the mail in the box. There was no package. My brother also saw her because he was out shoveling snow at the time and is the one who brought in the mail. I really don't want to be out the $20 I spent on it and I can't really afford a replacement either, so is there something I can do, or am I just out of luck? It wasn't a case of the package being stolen because I saw the mail being delivered and there was no package. And the mail was delivered by our regular mail lady. She's been our regular delivery person for more than a decade and knows the route well enough where even if the address isn't perfect, we still get it. So there's no way it was mistakenly delivered to another address.

The strange thing is the tracking had the "arrival at post office" status, followed by "delivered" but it's missing the "out for delivery" one. I've never seen a package do this before. Is there any chance they scanned it wrong and I'll get it today? I remember checking the tracking around noon that day and since it didn't say "out for delivery" I figured it arrived at the post office too late in the day (it arrived just before 9am and normally anything that arrives after 8am, sometimes earlier) and would be delivered the next day. But now that I see the "delivered" status, I'm really worried. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:44:16 AM by ShortyBoo »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: eBay package says "delivered" but it wasn't
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:43:51 AM »
I would probably ask your mail carrier or check with your PO. I would explain what you have above about being home and actually witnessing the mail being delivered. It could be they accidentally delivered it to another address.

Their have been rare instances though that the post office has scanned an item as 'delivered' and then post it a day or 2 later.

Either way I would most definitely inquire with your PO regarding it. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:07 AM »
Ok, false alarm. I talked to my brother and he pointed out that the mail wasn't delivered at 4:38 like the tracking said, but it was between 2 and 3 pm like normal. He also said he heard the beep from her scanning the package and was looking through the stack of mail he pulled out of the mailbox and didn't see a package and thought it was strange. So he went out to check the mailbox and sure enough, my package was there. Apparently she scanned it, but forgot to put in the box, so she came back later after finishing the rest of the route and put it in the box. I'm glad it was still there. I just wish she had been nice enough to come up to the door since I had no reason to check the mail again since we saw her deliver the first time and mail is usually delivered just once a day. Either way, I'm relieved.

Hopefully all my other packages will get here safely as well. I know my Amazon package's tracking says it's delayed on the UPS site, something about a "previous weather event" so it's past the date it was supposed to be delivered by. And I have another eBay package that was estimated to be delivered today, only it wasn't actually mailed out yet, it just says "electronic info received". The seller sent me a message blaming a snowstorm for the delay, but I doubt a snowstorm would stop the mail from running for more than a week.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »
I'm really glad your package arrived safely in the end ! *sigh of relief*  :cheer:  thanks for the update :hug: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal