collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I've so gotten screwed *PayPal Resolution*  (Read 1500 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
I've so gotten screwed *PayPal Resolution*
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
Ok, this has really not been my month at all!!  So in addition to STILL not receiving my winger lot (apparently it was returned to the seller because they miscalculated the shipping?!?!  And it's supposedly been resent), I've been scammed twice on another forum.

This is another Monster High forum I sometimes visit, and they have a lively For a Sale section.  So I found 2 different dolls I wanted from 2 different sellers, and I paid for one using PayPal and the other using Square.  Both transactions occurred before Christmas (I even sent extra money for expedited shipping for one of the dolls).  NEITHER OF MH DOLLS HAVE ARRIVED YET!!!!!   I'm so upset right now.  What is going on with people lately?!?! 

I opened a case with PayPal for one of the dolls, but I don't know what recourse I can do with Square. 

So I did email both sellers.  The one I paid with Square told me last week that if my doll hadn't arrived by Thursday, that she'd refund me.  That has my happened yet.  The other seller hasn't replied to me yet.

God, how did this happen?!?!  How could I have been so dumb?!  I supposed I believed that people are decent, like most people are here.  I'm hoping PayPal will side with me on one of the transactions, as I have no tracking numbers to prove shipping.  Actually, I have no tracking numbers on any of these three transactions I'm having issues with!!!!

This is a stern warning to EVERYONE: be careful when it comes to dealing with people outside of the Arena. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:46:11 PM by michelle53 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I've so gotten screwed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:44:39 PM »
Ok, this has really not been my month at all!!  So in addition to STILL not receiving my winger lot (apparently it was returned to the seller because they miscalculated the :censor:?!?!  And it's supposedly been resent), I've been scammed twice on another forum.

This is another Monster High forum I sometimes visit, and they have a lively For a Sale section.  So I found 2 different dolls I wanted from 2 different sellers, and I paid for one using PayPal and the other using Square.  Both transactions occurred before Christmas (I even sent extra money for expedited :censor: for one of the dolls).  NEITHER OF MH DOLLS HAVE ARRIVED YET!!!!!   I'm so upset right now.  What is going on with people lately?!?! 

I opened a case with PayPal for one of the dolls, but I don't know what recourse I can do with Square. 

So I did email both sellers.  The one I paid with Square told me last week that if my doll hadn't arrived by Thursday, that she'd refund me.  That has my happened yet.  The other seller hasn't replied to me yet.

God, how did this happen?!?!  How could I have been so dumb?!  I supposed I believed that people are decent, like most people are here.  I'm hoping PayPal will side with me on one of the transactions, as I have no tracking numbers to prove :censor:.  Actually, I have no tracking numbers on any of these three transactions I'm having issues with!!!!

This is a stern warning to EVERYONE: be careful when it comes to dealing with people outside of the Arena. 
Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear that, when it rains it pours :(  I know how you feel, you believe people when they tell you they are going to do something.  You judge others by how you judge yourself and it is like how can some folks live with themselves.  I really hope for the best for you in these transactions.  I hope it really was a shipping error on the wingers and they all just magically show up.  Good luck dear.  Keep us updated!!  Pony hugs and monster hugs I guess too.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
I will say that I the USPS has been slow with shipping and not very good at keeping up with tracking. I paid for a swap box to arrive to its destination within two days and it took weeks to arrive and was never scanned for tracking along the way. Maybe it's not scam-related?

Just hope you get a resolution! Sorry you're dealing with this!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
*hugs* :hug:
 thats a lot of stress!  and you are right that unfortunately you do  have to be very careful with who you deal with these days :(  I think though that should the worst come to the worst , Paypal will side with you since there is no tracking provided. If the sellers come back and giving a tracking number then thats a different matter. I do think though that during the xmas period mail is exceptionally slow - even with the supposedly faster shipping methods- neither do they scan/update tracking as they should do! -and there is a good chance that all of your items (or at least some of them!) will show up eventually
Please let us know how it goes *sends positive thoughts*  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »
Oh no Michelle thats horrible,I really hope your dollies turn up or at the very least you can get your money back.You believe the best in people as you are a wonderful person unfortunately not everyone is so nice xxxx If I can do anything please let me know x

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 10:37:55 PM »
I love you guys.  I understand how slow the post office has been, but having zero tracking info is very troubling.  I literally have nothing to even contact the post office with.  I'm so frustrated:(

I opened a Paypal case against one of the sellers, and they should end up siding with me IF the other person still have money in their Paypal account.  I doubt that she will.

This is a warning to everyone though, be very careful outside the Arena.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
I don't understand why some sellers don't use tracking (if it's within the US, though some international have tracking now too)  I print my labels online, so the tracking's free, but even if you go to the post office, it's not more than like 80 cents.  I actually bought a $20 printer just to print labels, because it was more convenient, and I've saved at least triple that.  It may just be that as a frequent seller I've become aware how buyer protection works, but tracking just makes everything in general so much easier >.<  There's been multiple instances where tracking has helped find something.

I'm sorry they didn't come, hopefully they turn up or you get your refund  :hug:  I am going to be selling some dolls, if they don't turn up, let me know, maybe I'll have one :)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:09 PM »
I don't understand why some sellers don't use tracking (if it's within the US, though some international have tracking now too)  I print my labels online, so the tracking's free, but even if you go to the post office, it's not more than like 80 cents.  I actually bought a $20 printer just to print labels, because it was more convenient, and I've saved at least triple that.  It may just be that as a frequent seller I've become aware how buyer protection works, but tracking just makes everything in general so much easier >.<  There's been multiple instances where tracking has helped find something.

I'm sorry they didn't come, hopefully they turn up or you get your refund  :hug:  I am going to be selling some dolls, if they don't turn up, let me know, maybe I'll have one :)
I agree with you!  I sell stuff on eBay, and having tracking makes my life so much easier.  It protects both seller and buyer, and it's dirt cheap.

Thanks for the offer, when you're ready to sell, I'm looking for Dawn of the Dance Deuce.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
Oh sweetie I'm so sorry to hear about all your bad experiences!! Hopefully you'll get your money back with paypal since the seller can't provide tracking and it doesn't matter if they don't have the funds in their account.  How did you pay for the other transaction? I'm not familiar with Square? Did you use a debit or credit card because if so you can contact your card services and report them. Hopefully they can refund you.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »
Aww i hope everything is sorted out and arrives to you soon :)
Wish our tracking was cheap here :( but it adds quite alot on to the postage price :(

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_209 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Discord

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 06:32:12 PM »
UPS/USPS has had backed up packages since December 25th. So depending on when you ordered, that may be your case.

In all honesty, I've had worse luck on the Arena.

I prefer my dealings with Ebay, or Etsy.

Too many flakes on the Arena.
Formerly known as DeviantCandy

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »
as long as you used paypal, youll get your $$ back. I bought a lot of ponies from someone a while ago, not on the arena, just someone a friend had come across on craigslist. Do you know that I heard nOTHING for a week, and then that same friend was browsing closed ebay auctions and realizd the ponies she saw on CL were the SAME one in the auction!! I never heard a word from the seller but within 2 weeks PP refunded me!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:01 PM »
Oh sweetie I'm so sorry to hear about all your bad experiences!! Hopefully you'll get your money back with paypal since the seller can't provide tracking and it doesn't matter if they don't have the funds in their account.  How did you pay for the other transaction? I'm not familiar with Square? Did you use a debit or credit card because if so you can contact your card services and report them. Hopefully they can refund you.

Yes, contact your credit card customer service; they may be able to help you.  Square just makes the equipment that allows for credit card payment to be made on a cell phone.  They get paid a small transaction fee, but I don't think they're responsible for what happens after that.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
I'm sorry you're having all these problems :( I hope it gets sorted out or that you're able to get your money back :hug:
My Wish List

Fisha Seabreeze

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »
Hopefully your dolls will show up sooner or later,but still I'm sorry this happened. -_-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal