collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do...what to do...  (Read 586 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
What to do...what to do...
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
Well, so I may have to sell some ponies as my hot water pipe to the kitchen faucet burst due to the extreme freeze we had. Problem is, I cannot decide whom I would want to sell :(

I am trying hard to not get rid of any g1 as they are so hard for me to find...I have already sold all my g3s except for my super rare ones...like international exclusives, MIB Tink-a-too II, and MLP Fair/Comic Con ponies and Rosey Posey...I also have g4 international exclusives and Funko Chase figures and exclusives, and comic con ponies...

I just am at the point of not wanting to part with any of them...but...ack...

What helps you decide if you come to this point....
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do...what to do...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:58:58 AM »
Sorry. :( I'm in Ohio too (NE) and I was very afraid of that happening to us here. We literally kept the water running a little bit for two days to guard against it. If you can't part with any.. could you put it on a CC for now? Or borrow from someone close?

If not, I'd probably choose as few big items as I could that I felt I could live with parting with. Or look for other things in the home you could live with selling?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »
Sorry. :( I'm in Ohio too (NE) and I was very afraid of that happening to us here. We literally kept the water running a little bit for two days to guard against it. If you can't part with any.. could you put it on a CC for now? Or borrow from someone close?

If not, I'd probably choose as few big items as I could that I felt I could live with parting with. Or look for other things in the home you could live with selling?

Yeah, we forgot to do that because we were so focused on keeping the kids warm enough. The temp outside got down to almost -50 degrees, and our heater was running non-stop and it was still ticking down on the actual temp on the thermostat...so we were getting up every couple hours during the night to do things to warm the house up...

I was thinking of asking a family member, hubby doesn't like to do that though, and we are working on getting out of debt, so all the CCs are cut up. sigh...
elish22 | eBay

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:36:30 AM »
Sorry love  :cry: what kind of money are you looking at for fixing something like that?

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
That happened to a lot of people here too! I was so scared mine would burst but thankfully not. There are a lot of "yard sale" groups for local communities in Facebook that people are selling things on. Don't know if that will work for you or not. Poshmark is a website where women are selling/trading clothes. I have had to resort to BIN auctions on eBay for quick cash. Shoes seem to sell well. Just some ideas.

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 11:48:40 AM »
Well, looking at about $80-$100. Luckily it was just the one pipe. When we bought the house we had all the water lines separated so they individually went to their destinations...so it was only the sink in the kitchen that was affected.
elish22 | eBay

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
About $100? If you have G4 Int'l exclusives, then you would only need to part with a couple to get that... maybe three? that's the only gen I collect so that's the only help I can give you.....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

strawberryportabello

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:54:04 AM »

You could try an online garage sale and sale stuff around your house that you do not use. When i was planning a trip to California i wanted some extra spending money to take with me so i went through my closet and got rid of just stuff i didn't wear anymore. I took the  clothes resalers then listed them on an online yard sale sight and got like over $200. I would try that first if you really don't want to part with your ponies, I know i wouldn't want to either. Hope it helps and good luck! 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
I am so sorry you are having to sell things :hug:

If it's the $100 mark, I would simply go with what is getting the best prices at the moment and which in the long run is most likely to devalue and therefore be either less expensive or the same price to reacquire in the future. Or alternatively with whatever is the most common item and therefore easy enough to pick up again. I would probably also focus on 1 or 2 items rather than lots of smaller items; tracking down 1 or 2 more expensive items is probably going to be easier and parting with just a couple of things is psychologically more comfortable than posting out lots.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »
I am so sorry you are having to sell things :hug:

If it's the $100 mark, I would simply go with what is getting the best prices at the moment and which in the long run is most likely to devalue and therefore be either less expensive or the same price to reacquire in the future. Or alternatively with whatever is the most common item and therefore easy enough to pick up again. I would probably also focus on 1 or 2 items rather than lots of smaller items; tracking down 1 or 2 more expensive items is probably going to be easier and parting with just a couple of things is psychologically more comfortable than posting out lots.

Good luck!

Ok I guess I will have to PC them all...I have not been monitoring their values very much...
elish22 | eBay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal