collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ty Plushie Hair Care?  (Read 246 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Ty Plushie Hair Care?
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:07 AM »
I was just wondering what the best way to care for a Ty plush's hair is since they tend to get roughed up quite a bit and can't be washed typically.  I'm not even sure that the hair is nylon on them, which makes me even less sure of what to do.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Ty Plushie Hair Care?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
You will be ale to wash the hair :) If you dont want the hassle of getting the hair soaking you can use a squirt bottle and spray the hair with water in order to brush it and make it more imaginable. Dryer sheets and baby wipes are also useful for nylon hair.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:44:09 AM »
You will be ale to wash the hair :) If you dont want the hassle of getting the hair soaking you can use a squirt bottle and spray the hair with water in order to brush it and make it more imaginable. Dryer sheets and baby wipes are also useful for nylon hair.
Can I get the plushie's body wet?  What about putting it in a washing machine (probably in a pillowcase to protect it)?  Sorry for all the questions, I'm just not too familiar with a lot of cleaning procedures for stuffed toys.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:48:55 AM by Sparkle Pony »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:14 AM »
Ask away :) Don't ever apologise for asking questions - that's what people are all here for. Lots of people use washing machines for washing plushies - put them in a pillow case and they should be fine. However, do these beanies not have some beanies weighting down in their feet or something else internally other than just stuffing? If they do then washing them in the machine may cause some distorting. Hand washing is probably the best idea. I would doubt they would be dirty enough as yet to need a complete clean :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:09:27 AM »
Ask away :) Don't ever apologise for asking questions - that's what people are all here for. Lots of people use washing machines for washing plushies - put them in a pillow case and they should be fine. However, do these beanies not have some beanies weighting down in their feet or something else internally other than just stuffing? If they do then washing them in the machine may cause some distorting. Hand washing is probably the best idea. I would doubt they would be dirty enough as yet to need a complete clean :)
Ah, thank you!  That is a very good point about the beanie babies and washing machines.  I was just curious for future reference.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal