collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whoops... always look 2 times...  (Read 426 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Whoops... always look 2 times...
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »
I recently got my first pay-out from Redbubble. Yay! :D So I wanted to spent it on something nice, and then I saw this plush on Ebay and I bidded. And I won! (I was the only bidder) I was so happy and she looks so beautifull!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But then I looked at the pic after paying and realised... she had wings.  :drunk:

I should have looked better but after all I dont mind. I think she still looks beautifull. And I kinda wishes Rarity turns also into and Alicorn and so the rest of the M6. (Remember that FS Alicorn Fluttershy? XD) Perhaps when it bothers me too much I can remove them. But I hand that over to my mom. Im not so good in sewing... BTW I know its a knock-off plush with a possible copied pattern. But my earnings arent much and I cant affort those real custom plushies...  :(

Alright so on to the question. Did you ever had something like this? That you won something or bought and they notice something you didnt see at first. Like a beautifull G1 Pony but then realise she has some cancer sports and all. I wanna hear your experiences! As for Rarity, I will still love her as an Alicorn!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:16:37 PM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops... always look 2 times...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:21:23 PM »
She is adorable with wings!! I really like her. About your question, yes, when I was a newbie collector I didn´t know what to look at in a G1 pony. So now I have some to upgrade, not many as I´ve always been picky.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
I almost bid on her this morning :P I think she's cute though, I love all things Rarity :)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 11:26:02 PM »
I really like her! Was she expensive? What did you type in to get her to show up? Haha I really want one :L

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
I really like her! Was she expensive? What did you type in to get her to show up? Haha I really want one :L

Just typed in Rarity Plush and then Price+ Shipping Lowest first on Ebay. She was 19.99 BIN with 9.99 shipping but you could also bid on her and I won her with 9.99 and 9.99 shipping cost so lets say $20 including shipping. :)  You can get a TY Beanie MLP Plush for that price here...

I dont know if it was good luck to get her for the lowest bidding price but I guess people saw her wings and I didnt. XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 01:17:43 AM »
She is awesome! [it took me reading your post to notice the wings :blush:]

And gosh yes I have done this a few times over the years - sometimes the gamble on ebay pays off and other times...not so much.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 01:24:38 AM »
She looks Chinese!
I have seen Chinese Fluttershy, RD, Luna and :muffin: plushies floating around and they all looked similar to this Rarity. Haha, the wings wouldn't bother me at all. The plush is so pretty and otherwise show-accurate looking! Just pretend it's a rare prototype ;)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:51:18 AM »
Awww she is super cute. Back when I was brand new to collecting, I was dying to get my hands on the it-pony of the day, Rapunzel. I didn't know anything about anything and ended up bidding a max bid of $400 for Rapunzel and baby on eBay.

I had no idea what a custom was! But they were customs. Oooops. I won, but luckily bidding ended around $40, not $400!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal