collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Songs that remind you of MLP?  (Read 918 times)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Songs that remind you of MLP?
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
As the title says, are there any songs that remind you of MLP?

Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine reminds me of MLP because of a FiM video I saw featuring it. Going Under--actually, the whole Fallen album--by Evanescence reminds me of MLP because I used to have that album on whenever I'd play with my ponies as a kid :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Songs that remind you of MLP?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:43 PM »
International Smile by Katy Perry (from her new album, Prism) fits G4 Pinkie Pie :P
Other than that, well...that's it :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:29 PM »
PS I Love You by the Beatles reminds me of G3 Love Wishes.  The song just matches the overall "theme" of the pony.  Plus, it is one of my favorite songs and one of my favorite ponies, so it works out.  ;)

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:14:17 PM »
Somehow I associated Medley with The Carpenters' "Yesterday Once More"

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 12:49:21 AM »
Pretty much any 80s Kylie Minogue track :P I have no idea why...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:09 AM »
For some reason I can picture Rarity singing "Domino". I am no sure where it comes from.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 03:03:57 AM »
Oh ya, and Donatella by Lady Gaga (from her new album Artpop) describes G4 Rarity perfectly to me ._.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 03:57:50 AM »
This is a complete and total stretch... but Somebody's Baby by Jackson Browne reminds me of that feeling of finally getting your grail, or a pony that you really wanted. (The opening line "Well just look at that girl with the lights coming up in her eyes" reminds me of Twinkle Eyes, specifically Fizzy.)

Another thing is that the song came out in 1982, the same year that MLP did.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 04:57:35 AM »
Lacuna coil reminds me of GE's, used to listen to them and do pony hair. But as for a song that suits the pony world? Firefly by A-teens makes me think of firefly and medley

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:59 AM »
There's an Owl City song they play at work that always makes me think of MLP, especially G1. it has a dreamy, relaxing voice overall, and lots of imagery that makes me think of ponies, stars and apples and what-not...

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKlQz97M80

Also, "Rainbow Connection" makes me think of ponies. Actually, it fits in with a lot of fantasy, but it works quite well with ponies, too.
I'll put something here some time

Offline InsigniaEclipse

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
I love "All the Pretty Little Horses"(?) Kenny Loggins' Return to Pooh Corner.  I always think of our Ponies when I hear that one.  Also, there's another song on the CD that is an Irish Lullabye has a verse "Toola Roola roola, Toola Roola Rye" reminds me of Toola Roola :D.  Anytime I hear the Sesame Street song, it reminds me of G3 Sunny Daze.
Looking for variant Windys!  Peru, loose Greek, French (Not the French Blue-got her THANKS AGAIN Mel!!), True UK White with BLUE symbol, and Ice Crystal.  Please PM me if you have any available! Thanky :D

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
 Some of my choices of songs may be a bit strange/not make much sense, so I will explain them.

"Firework" by Katy Perry makes me think of G4 Scootaloo, mostly due to my own fanon storyline for her, (though this was basically me taken what we knew about her at the time and then expanding it) - it's sort of a "believe in yourself" kind of song.

"Big Big World" by Emilia Rydberg will always make me think of G4 Fluttershy because of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOcFkjmYrxc&list=FLqFsB7eTz2cFMdknkqn8w-A&index=73).  It was a video I discovered when I was first realizing how much I loved MLP, and I got surprisingly emotional while watching the video back then, and still do.  On occasion the I lean towards the lyrics reminding me of G4 Rainbow Dash, as I listened to this song (with this video on loop) while reading a fanfiction about her being raised in our world.

"Sit Down" by James sometimes makes me think of Pillow Talk, because (this got a bit long, sorry about this) the guy who wrote it said the song is about when you wake up at night feeling sad and alone and really need to talk to someone.  I have a headcanon for Pillow Talk getting her cutie mark by comforting one of the other slumber party ponies because she (the other pony) was feeling sad and afraid as this was the first time she'd been away from her family at night (they are all fillies at this point), and was ashamed to admit it to the others at first, but Pillow Talk was kind and and comforting with her, so she said how she felt, and then felt better after Pillow Talk reassured her she was among friends, and the other ponies, who were also secretly feeling the same felt better too, and admitted this fact, and they all hugged, and then realized that Pillow Talk had been given a cutie mark for bring a good listener to other's deepest problems (based on the fact the we are more open to wanting to discuss them when we can't sleep).

I am really sorry that was so long, if anyone wants me to shorten it by putting the storyline part in a spoiler tag, please say.

"Promise This" by Cheryl reminds me of G4 Fluttershy and G4 Rainbow Dash, basically the friendship between the two of them (again, headcanon in a sense - I believe they have been friends for years) I always imagined the song from Fluttershy's view.

Finally, "One and One (Still is One)" by Robert Miles and Maria Nayler (my favorite song actually) reminds me of Star Catcher because of a very beautiful dream I had where she sang this song to me in a very comforting and kind of "I'm there for you" kind of way; I was at a kind of low point in my mind, and was feeling a lot of negative emotions, but I felt... better after this dream, in fact the first I did when I woke up was cry, but not from sadness, but it more like I was finally letting all the negativity go, and though it will always return, (I am of course, only human) this song has forever since been very important to me, and I always try to think of the dream with Star Catcher when I'm feeling really depressed or any similar emotions.

Sorry if I went into too much detail on some, and sorry that some where headcanon based.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 11:09:06 AM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 11:20:14 AM »

Sorry if I went into too much detail on some, and sorry that some where headcanon based.

Dude, we're all friends here, no need to apologize <3

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »

Dude, we're all friends here, no need to apologize <3
  :hug: Thanks, I appreciate that.

I see so many people (inlcuding myself) being hated on for typing too much and other things, so I always try to appologise for it, and also didn't know if I was forcing my headcanon where it wasn't wanted.

Thank you for reminding me that there are still nice people online.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
I don't think you need to apologize either MJN :) I really enjoyed your reasoning for the songs!

As to not derail the thread, Lady Gaga's "Manicure" reminds me of Rarity somewhat.

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal