collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm a bit confused on damage claims  (Read 279 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
I'm a bit confused on damage claims
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »
This is not pony related, but I'm used to asking you guys. I bought an item and it arrived damaged.  This is only the second time I've gotten a broken package of something I bought. 

The last time when I talked to my PO I was told the seller ha to make the claim because they purchased the shipping and sent it, and my PO refused to do anything. What happened last time honestly after that the seller jut didn't email me for a month and then just refunded the repair cost later on.

Now I have another damaged package and the seller said I have to do it because I have the item (which it does make sense). I thought about calling, but they are already closed today. I'll take the item after the holidays, but I'm just curious which person is responsible the buyer or seller? If the buyer is responsible and my PO tells me again I cannot file the claim what do I do?

Don't know if it makes a difference but this was not an Ebay purchase

Thanks
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a bit confused on damage claims
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:09:10 AM »
I recently received some items that I had traded/purchased and the box arrived severely damaged, which in turn caused damage to the one item. I called the post office and they advised me to have the sender call to file the claim because it's their responsibility.

I do think it's up to the sender to take care of it, however I'm not sure if things are done differently in the US vs Canada.

Sorry to hear about your item.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a bit confused on damage claims
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:11:33 AM »
A domestic insurance claim can be filed by either party (international may be different).  The one time I had a damaged item, I was able to make the claim as the buyer, and it does make sense for you to file since they might want to see the package.  If your PO gives you a hard time about it you can always file online: https://www.usps.com/ship/file-domestic-claims.htm  I would probably do it that way anyway - it wasn't an option back when I had to make my claim.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal