collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-pony brag - Late Christmas present from my brother  (Read 295 times)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Non-pony brag - Late Christmas present from my brother
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »
I've been an avid collector of vinyl records for a little over a year now.  What I have is mostly from the late 70's, all through the 80's, and a couple of things from the very early 90's.  My older brother is also a collector but he goes after extremely rare pieces, so he knows where to get the good stuff.  Ever since I started collecting, I've been after three film soundtracks: TRON, Transformers, and Back to the Future.  A friend of mine overseas found a copy of Back to the Future the second he set foot in the record store and proceeded to taunt me with it.  I go to the record shop once or twice every month and I've just had NO luck!  Well... I tasked my brother with finding it.  He showed up yesterday with a square padded envelope with this in it (ignore the yawning gremlin in the background.  I didn't have the heart to move her!):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MINT CONDITION.  STILL SHRINK-WRAPPED.

I...I screamed when he presented me with this!  The only thing he and I couldn't figure out was the drill hole in the bottom left corner.  The seller told him that the drill hole was put there by the record company to indicate that it was out of print.  The internet says that drill holes were put in record covers to denote that they were cheap or heavily discounted.  It's a mystery!

I just really want to open it and toss it on my turntable and listen to it, but it's just so...pristine!

It also smells nice~  Is this what 1985 smelled like? xD
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:29:38 AM by Kaeldre »

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Non-pony brag - Late Christmas present from my brother
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
That's awesome! Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-pony brag - Late Christmas present from my brother
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »
Looks Awesome!Love the movie too!(and the sneakers!!) :lol:
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal