collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's With All the Pinkies?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Re: What's With All the Pinkies?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
I don't mind Pinkie in the show,but I too are sick of seeing her in so merch. I understand why she is sold so often,but I really have no need for 20 Pinkie's,and I'm sure a lot of kids don't either. Does she really need a train,RC car and helicopter? Fluttershy and Rainbow don't even have one vehicle! (Yes,I know they can fly but not the point :P)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »
Has anyone done and calculations as to how many releases each of the mane 6 has had? I have a suspicion Rainbow Dash and Twilight come pretty high up there in number of releases too.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »
Has anyone done and calculations as to how many releases each of the mane 6 has had? I have a suspicion Rainbow Dash and Twilight come pretty high up there in number of releases too.

This is a little inaccurate as I haven't had time to update my count this week, and it follows number of variants (not number of releases, as some variants were released multiple times) including styling size, fashion style, glimmer wings, shine bright, the molded 2010 gift set, etc. Does NOT include Funko, Equestria Girls, blind bags, and other figures/ponies released outside of the main Hasbro toyline.

Applejack x 12
Pinkie Pie x 25
Rarity x 17
Twilight Sparkle x 12
Princess Twilight Sparkle x 12
Fluttershy x 16
Rainbow Dash x 16

:lol:

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »
*now wants a Bluey Burst*
Oh good, I'm not the only one!
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
25 PINKIES? More than twice the number of Applejacks? We have an invasion of Pinkies on our hands.

It is also interesting how unicorn Twilight was available for two and a half years, and got the same number of variants as Princess Twilight, who's only been selling for eight months. :huh:

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 10:17:26 PM »
These days, the retailers have all the power because they are ordering billions of products.  If there is a demand from the retailers, the toy companies have to do their best to meet it.  So when a buyer like Wal*Mart says, "These are girls' toys and they need to fit in with our aisle scheme.  They need to be PINK.  We will order many, many more if they fit in with the PINK toy aisle.  They WILL be pink, right?"

It's purely a matter of supply and demand.  The biggest customers are the retailers and if the retailers demand to sell them in pink, naturally they are supplied with pink.  ;)

This is true, but the retailers are also keeping a really close watch on what sells.  If it's not selling, they don't want it, so the public has a lot to do with this as well.  I used to work on a buying team.  HATED it!

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Fisha Seabreeze

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 11:14:04 PM »
Too much pink makes my eyes melt :dizzy:, I do like the color but only in small amounts. :huh:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »

This is a little inaccurate as I haven't had time to update my count this week, and it follows number of variants (not number of releases, as some variants were released multiple times) including styling size, fashion style, glimmer wings, shine bright, the molded 2010 gift set, etc. Does NOT include Funko, Equestria Girls, blind bags, and other figures/ponies released outside of the main Hasbro toyline.

Applejack x 12
Pinkie Pie x 25
Rarity x 17
Twilight Sparkle x 12
Princess Twilight Sparkle x 12
Fluttershy x 16
Rainbow Dash x 16

:lol:

So if we count all the Twilights as the same character since they are, she has has about as many releases as Pinkie. Yet nobody is complaining about the sheer number of Twilys.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:01 AM »
You do all realise...that even with all these studies and all the "it used to be the other way around" history lessons that if right now "pink is for boys and blue is for girls" was true...we would just be having this conversation about "Bluey Burst" the blue pony with blue hair and pink and yellow balloon symbols?
That is sadly very true.  Though, would that mean Optimus Prime would have been bubble gum pink?

you just made my brain... STOP.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 01:05:10 AM »
These days, the retailers have all the power because they are ordering billions of products.  If there is a demand from the retailers, the toy companies have to do their best to meet it.  So when a buyer like Wal*Mart says, "These are girls' toys and they need to fit in with our aisle scheme.  They need to be PINK.  We will order many, many more if they fit in with the PINK toy aisle.  They WILL be pink, right?"

It's purely a matter of supply and demand.  The biggest customers are the retailers and if the retailers demand to sell them in pink, naturally they are supplied with pink.  ;)

This is true, but the retailers are also keeping a really close watch on what sells.  If it's not selling, they don't want it, so the public has a lot to do with this as well.  I used to work on a buying team.  HATED it!

Yep, and customers mostly buy what marketing has told them is cool... so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy! :(  You had better believe if they had marketed the crap out of the castle with Shining Armour and not just let a TV episode do the advertising...  the set would have sold better, and they'd have a reason to give us more boy ponies. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:06:49 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »

100% this. Buyers are smart cookies; its their job to know what sells. If there is an over abundance of Pinkie [and clearly Twilight too! :P] its because they are a main seller. Thats no ones fault, its just good old supply and demand.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal