collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Tales thread  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: MLP Tales thread
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 07:21:37 PM »
Oh wow, I guess I failed to notice that you are in Sweden, so the MLP Fairs do seem like an out. ^^;; Sorry about that. That's what I get for not proofreading!

Heh, I wish my SO was cool enough to like ponies! His best friend likes Friendship is Magic and he does get a kick out of my collection, so maybe someday Ill be able to convert him!

Well, I'm actually from the US and just moved here to Sweden 8 months ago to be with my husband (we were done with the long-distance thing). So you weren't so far off! I almost went to the MLP Fair when it was in Florida, which is where I'm from. ;)

We met through Tales in a very random way, so he was already slightly converted (lucky for me!). He's much more into FiM than I am, so I call him a Brony these days. XD Keep working on yours, you'll get him hooked in one of these days!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Pepinoreno

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 12:42:17 AM »
Honestly... I didn't care for tales. You can throw fakies at me now. The ponies were too human for me.
No worries, everyone has different tastes :)
I loved the first animations too but always had a hard time watching them because I did not like Megan and her siblings as a kid.
So strangely enough I liked tales more as there were no humans, even though they acted as if they were.
It doesn't really make sense, I know :P

I felt the exact same way! I love My little pony & friends, but Megan was annoying to me. :lookround: And the way the ponies acted on tales was similar to how I played with my ponies!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »
I LOVED Tales growing up! My sisters did too, and we all preferred it over the regular cartoon (except for a few specific episodes like the arc with Tirac or Catrina). My grandmother used to videotape the episodes for me to watch at her house when she babysat me after school, and my sisters and I always wondered if it was going to be the "prettier" ponies or not, which to us meant Tales ponies as the animation looked brighter and slightly more crisp.

Interestingly, despite that my favorite types of ponies (unicorns) aren't included in Tales, I still tended to prefer Tales ponies simply because there was a main group of seven to focus on and a few reoccurring friends like the boys and Miss Hackney. They were easy to remember and I related to them (especially Clover). The regular show tended to switch between ponies, and while there was a few I liked and remembered, like Wind Whistler, Fizzy, Shady and Gusty, they never seemed to grow or have a lot of development as they weren't really the stars of the show. I can imagine that if I was exposed to G4 as a child, I probably would view it similarly as I do Tales as I liked having familiar ponies to remember instead of a bunch of random ones who felt a bit flat.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 03:20:00 AM »
Oh wow, I guess I failed to notice that you are in Sweden, so the MLP Fairs do seem like an out. ^^;; Sorry about that. That's what I get for not proofreading!

Heh, I wish my SO was cool enough to like ponies! His best friend likes Friendship is Magic and he does get a kick out of my collection, so maybe someday Ill be able to convert him!

Well, I'm actually from the US and just moved here to Sweden 8 months ago to be with my husband (we were done with the long-distance thing). So you weren't so far off! I almost went to the MLP Fair when it was in Florida, which is where I'm from. ;)

We met through Tales in a very random way, so he was already slightly converted (lucky for me!). He's much more into FiM than I am, so I call him a Brony these days. XD Keep working on yours, you'll get him hooked in one of these days!

Fair enough. Boyfriend and I are ldr ourselves... we come from the same hometown (where I live), but he lives away for college. It hasn't been long, but we have no idea what's going on after graduation, but I will say that I am so happy for you and your husband. I'm learning that long distance is tough! I used to be really against it actually, but now I'm learning that love and affection really do conquer all, and it makes me smile to hear of couples who make it work. :)

But back on topic, I'd really love to get him to watch Tales with me and see what he thinks. Oddly enough, my brother, who dislikes MLP in general, enjoys the show and finds it cute. He really can't get into the original cartoon or FiM, so I'm really happy that he decided to humor me with Tales.

Also, even though I like Megan, I can understand why she can come off as annoying to some fans.. She's such a captain obvious and to me seems really, really dorky. I think that's why I like her though. She is kind of charming in her own way. :) Wouldn't it be cute if Hasbro brought her back though? Maybe there can be two dolls that are supposed to be cousins, and then you find out later that they are Megan and Molly's kids. I guess with Equestria Girls it wouldn't really make that much sense, but it would still be cute. Maybe a mini web series about them.

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 06:41:26 AM »
I love My Little Pony Tales too.

nollilols

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
Tales is my favourite pony cartoon,  it aired when I was just the right age and the original just didn't compare.  As a child Melody was my favourite but as an adult either Starlight or Bright Eyes is,  with Bon Bon having my favorite colour scheme. I used to have all seven of the toys but most weren't in good condition.  I'm aiming to rebuild my collection.

Also,  those customs of the boys I saw earlier in the thread are amazing! Tempted to try make my own now!

Offline Nekronyte

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Call me Nek
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »
Wow how did I miss this thread for so long? I started watching Tales between seasons of FiM and absolutely loved it, which lead me to become interested in pre-G4 ponies. I love how silly the episodes and characters are and the music is cute. I am sad how little Tales merchandise exists and living in the US has made it difficult to collect the ponies, currently I have Melody and Sweetheart. Melody and Bon Bon are definitely my favorites.
http://followingponies.tumblr.com/  :good:
My tumblr - mostly pony related.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »
I like Bright Eyes best.  I know, I know you, thought my favorite would be Patch but shockingly, it's Bright Eyes  :P

Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 01:24:27 AM »
Amazingly I vaugely remember watching the show back then, though I know I did. Don't have any of the ponies, but I do have a couple of animation cels and their line drawings, plus a background drawing that came with it.

What could be considered the first PMV was done with footage of the show (uploaded in 2006, long before FiM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxrCut1CRjE
Melody was my favorite back then. Bon Bon has some brony fans for obvious reasons.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2013, 06:20:24 AM »
Custom boys together:

These customs are amazing!! I wish Hasbro had made toys of the Tales boys, I love their designs :<.

I've only watched a handful of Tales eps, I keep meaning to watch some more :) It's a cute show. My favourite is Melody ^^.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
I simply adore Pony Tales!

I was a bit young when the original cartoon came out, and I know I watched it but don't remember it. When Pony Tales came out I would go over to my friends house, and we would watch it and play with our ponies. I was so very upset when it ended.

I have all the main girls and the roller Melody. I'm working on getting the family sets loosely related to the show.

My favorite was always Melody, but I love Bright Eyes character as an adult. I love BonBons colors though.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
I enjoyed Tales a lot.  When the 80's series was done this was definitely a good way to satisfy the MLP urge.  Even though Ace was a jerk I still thought he was cute.  I can't remember which female Tales character I liked as a kid but when I watched some episodes on youtube I did like Sweetheart. 

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »
It's interesting that Tales MERCHANDISE was produced, too: a pink alarm clock with Rollerskate Melody on, a blue 'Sweetsaver' money box which originally contained chocolate coins, an umbrella with Starlight and Bon Bon on, a backpack, and of course, the Tales comics :biggrin:.

I have seen photos of all this.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal