collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else really bored with G4?  (Read 9656 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else really bored with G4?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
I'm not so much bored as annoyed. There is so much you could do with this toyline. The cartoon and comics establish so many good ideas you could use for toys, but no. Not even Crystal Ponies with clear bodies, they just put gem shapes into their eyes (I will never let go of this grudge, lol).

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »
I am getting a little bored of Hasbro re-releasing the Mane 6 with one little difference so I need it, but I have found a trick to finding the older brushable singles from the wedding line and such. They always pop up for me at places you wouldn't expect to find ponies. A few weeks ago, I was at CVS (a drugstore in the USA) and I saw they had some toys. Just because I have a habit of checking everywhere I go for ponies, I looked and they had Sunny Rays all by herself on the shelf. I almost bought her, but she was $9, which was a couple more than what I was willing to pay. These non-pony section stores usually have the ponies for more than toy stores (6-9 dollars), but you may come across something cool.
-RarityDash

Yep, I've found some very intriguing older releases in drug stores sometimes! They're definitely a good place to try if you're prepared to pay a little more than usual.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
I am getting a little bored of Hasbro re-releasing the Mane 6 with one little difference so I need it, but I have found a trick to finding the older brushable singles from the wedding line and such. They always pop up for me at places you wouldn't expect to find ponies. A few weeks ago, I was at CVS (a drugstore in the USA) and I saw they had some toys. Just because I have a habit of checking everywhere I go for ponies, I looked and they had Sunny Rays all by herself on the shelf. I almost bought her, but she was $9, which was a couple more than what I was willing to pay. These non-pony section stores usually have the ponies for more than toy stores (6-9 dollars), but you may come across something cool.
-RarityDash
Yep, I've found some very intriguing older releases in drug stores sometimes! They're definitely a good place to try if you're prepared to pay a little more than usual.
I have seen some of the first wave ponies like Snowcatcher and Dewdrop Dazzle at Family Dollar, but this was earlier in the year.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
Oooh. Maybe I should check a Family Dollar anyway! I don't have those early G4 releases.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
I think I got sick of it when I went into walMart and was just staring at a whole shelf and 5 or 6 hangers FULL of Pinkies and noone else! Pinkie small, Pinkie lightup necklace, walking talking Pinkie, brushable Pinkie, FS Pinkie...

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
I think I got sick of it when I went into walMart and was just staring at a whole shelf and 5 or 6 hangers FULL of Pinkies and noone else! Pinkie small, Pinkie lightup necklace, walking talking Pinkie, brushable Pinkie, FS Pinkie...
The My Little Pony line is now called "My Little Pinkie Pie"  :P  :lol:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
^ yeah... :(

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
LOL.

I've never walked into a store and seen multiple merchandise of just one character and no one else at all, but that would be frustrating.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »
Oooh. Maybe I should check a Family Dollar anyway! I don't have those early G4 releases.
It's definitely worth a shot! Hopefully you can find some!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »
D: This exactly.
It doesn't help that I'm not sold on the style the G4s have, or that they are really tiny, or that the quality control is bad or that prices are really high for the size and quality,
then add to the fact that there is hardly any variety and availability is an issue. We just got a Target, which is awesome. But without my drivers license I have no way of getting to it except by an extremely uncomfortable and confusing trip on a bus which makes going to get ponies hard, then when I actually get there it's pretty much just all Pinkie Pie. ;n; Better than the selection at Walmart though.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty over it. There's barely any stock around here. The latest wave of singles that just came in are the Masquerade ones with Sunset Shimmer, but there's barely any on the shelves. There's the black/white/pink PP sets but they're just too much for the junk they come packaged with. Not to mention barely any TRU exclusives, none of the Funko figures that can be sparkly... there's just nothing I really want to buy. Shame.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »

My Family Dollar had Lulu Luck, Diamond Rose and several other earlier releases at the beginning of the year and someone on the Arena said she found Lily Blossom and Blossomforth at her Family Dollar about a month ago so I would definitely check FD for old pony stock :D
My Wish List

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
It's getting so boring, I sometimes don't even bother going to the pony section anymore.  They're just so boring and poor quality, these newer re-releases.

What's worse is, some main 6 are harder to find than others! (I call it the 'Toola-Roola Syndrome', because back in the core 7 days, she was very hard to find despite being a core character in comparison to others such as Pinkie Pie) For example, Applejack seems to be pretty hard to go by. So does Fluttershy. But then, they sell millions upon millions of Pinkies, which is useless, because they don't seem to care that girls don't just want a pink toy, they want their favorite character, and if Pinkie isn't their favorite, than- well, I just don't know.

Now we're in the UK, and it's even WORSE! The only place to find ponies I know of is at Tesco's, and there, all they have are a few masquerade brushables from this spring, the Famous Friends set, and the Rainbow Blind Bag Collection from Target LAST YEAR! It's just so pitiful. They don't even sell the center of this year's line, Mega Twilightcorn!

Same with Barbie and the Life in the Dreamhouse dolls not in the UK. I secretly wanted a Summer, but then we came here and again-NOTHING"S THERE!

(Don't worry. I don't usually like Barbies, but the Dreamhouse cartoon is just so hilarious...)

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, and again, and again, but it seems that Hasbro never listens. Personally, I doubt they will listen until we get the message straight about just how bored we are with the lack of new ponies. So why not talk to them?

I mean, isn't it a strange coincidence that, after enough members directly or indirectly asked Hasbro for a G4 Minty they released a G4 Minty? Maybe if we ask them for more variety, they'll give us more variety. Or at least give us an answer as to why they're bombarding us with Plain 6 all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware big H ignores us more often than not, but even if they don't listen we can't say we didn't warn them if the toy line ever comes crashing down from an overload of re-releases. If we don't try, we'll never know. Not to mention it only takes five minutes in the Hasbro complaint department. Or even less time than that to throw a banner in your sig or click 'like' on a facebook page.

So that's what I'm gonna do: voyage over to hasbro.com and give them some honest feedback. I'd encourage anyone else who wants more new characters to do the same.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »
Funko is the only thing keeping my G4 attention these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal