collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does this feedback qualify for removal?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline swancrossing18

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Does this feedback qualify for removal?
« on: December 18, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »
Hi guys :)  So, I sell a lot on ebay, which means I know it's inevitable to run into a crazy every now and then.  In the current situation, I received a negative feedback (on a nice item, I must say), without any communication from the buyer.  I accept returns, and this wasn't a cheap item, so why they didn't contact me is a mystery.

The negative simply states "garbage."

They only have 11 feedback and they left another negative, exactly the same, for another seller.

Any grounds for removal?  Anybody had any luck getting something similar removed?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Does this feedback qualify for removal?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:01:47 AM »
Wow- that is so mean! I would definitely ask ebay for a feedback revision-   It probably won't work, but you might try sending a request to the buyer as well asking for a revision?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:43 AM »
Have you tried contacting your buyer? If not I would contact them and try to offer some sort of resolution.  If they are willing to accept your offer, ask them if they will revise the feedback and then send a revision request to them.  As you know feedback is voluntary and "is in the eyes of the beholder".....you can also appeal the feedback to ebay,  but with millions of feedback issues, you are better  off trying to work it out with the buyer first. 

I say that because I am not sure EBay will remove it because it doesn't violate any policy. I know it sucks but I know when I see feedback like that, it makes me look at the buyer cross-eyed, not the seller.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:40:15 AM »
First off contact ebay asking them to have it removed as the customer never even contacted you asking for a refund. They should remove it. If they don't then you can leave a comment under their comment saying that they never contacted you saying they had a problem with this item & that if they had you would of given them a full refund
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 05:19:48 AM »
"Garbage"....wow, classy buyer this one is.

Hope you can come to a good resolution!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:06:32 AM »
Would you mind sharing the buyer's name so that I can block them? If they aren't going to give a seller a fair chance to try to resolve any problems, then I don't want them near my auctions.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »
Please let us know how you get on with this... :(  Sounds like a buyer we all should be avoiding...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »
*nods in agreement * ^^ we could do with knowing this persons ID. Sounds like someone that none of us would want to deal with :(  How rude of them! :throw:
I would definitely try contacting them first with a polite message along the lines of " Hi,.... I just noticed you left feedback that showed you were not pleased with the item. Is there anything I can do to help? I am willing to accept a return and give you a full refund etc etc (in your own words) - then depending on if/how they answer you could ask them to revise that feedback once things are worked out (I know thats a toughie! especially when dealing with a crazy - but you have to humor them - keep 'em sweet y'know - that way you're more likely to get a favourable outcome rather than another rude response ;) )
If that fails, then first write a feedback follow up  response to the feedback so that other buyers can see that you handled the issue in a mature way and that it was this buyers fault and not yours ( something along the lines of "feedback left without contacting me first, would have given full refund") :awake:    Next contact Ebay about the situation. They may or may not do anything but its worth a try .
Please let us know how it goes , and I'm sorry you are having the stress of dealing with this person :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 05:13:31 AM »
Sounds like the lady who bought a doll from me and then threw it away without contacting me and just left negative feedback. After the feedback was left, I tried to rectify the situation but no-go. -.-

I'm interested if it is the same lady now.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline swancrossing18

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 08:31:23 AM »
I should have mentioned that the first thing I did when seeing the feedback was send a nice message asking why they were unhappy and offering to accept a return.  That was several days ago though, and as usual with these types, if they don't bother to communicate with you before the feedback, they don't bother afterwards either.  I haven't heard anything, and I don't expect to.

The username of the buyer is bloodybutch.  I know, I know, they sound like a real cuddly person :D

I just wasn't sure if this feedback was considered a no no by any of eBay's rules- probably not offensive enough?

Ebay also says that they automatically remove feedback from buyers who leave a disproportionate number of negatives.  This person has only left nine feedback in recent times, two of which are negative.  That seems like a high percentage, but I don't know how ebay actually monitors this.

I realize I'm probably stuck with this, but I thought maybe some of you other frequent ebayers might have some tricks :)

Thanks for the thoughts!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »
Oh dear :crazy:  sounds like a real nice person *insert sarcasm* :yikes:
 I think I would try talking with ebay anyways ( a phonecall usually gets better results if they dont keep you waiting too long, plus it might be difficult so near xmas , but still worth a try)  - cant hurt to try since it does sound like this buyer will be a future problem to other ebayers and they left a high percentage of neg feedback already - and not even proper neg feedback either - and no communication-  plus ebay will be able to see that you tried to contact the person and sort things out in the right way

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »
Yeah I agree contact eBay and tell them the situation also leave a response under their comment like Ringlets said :) hope you can sort it out :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 01:35:40 AM »
goodluck doll.... they never removed mine and im stuck with a negative i dont deserve.  sadly ebay has become a playground for troll buyers who dont seem to understand how much it hurts us sellers :'(   they leave negative just be a jerk and absolutely nothing you do will let you rectify the situation. 
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
Wow. Well, thankfully, the comment was so "elaborate" that even if it does stick, anyone who sees it will be able to imagine that it was not really your fault :)
good luck though, and if I had an ebay account, that person would so be blocked!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »
Thanks for warning us!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal