collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone else heard about this?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline unicornprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone else heard about this?
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »
Just this past Saturday I when into Target. While in there I went down the isle where they had the mlp toys. I saw they had about no less than about 10 wave 9 BB's in a box. So I picked up one and when I got it to the register the lady who checking me out tried to scan it then some message came up and when it did this is what she said to me 'Ma'am I'm sorry, but I can't sell this to you because it's being recalled' Yes Recalled!!. She said it happened the day before and they were supose to be removed from the shelf. So I was wondering had anyone else heard about the fact that wave 9 is possibly being recalled?

Also later I talked to a manger and she said it was just one of a list of toys that were getting recalled.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:30:00 PM by unicornprincess »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank You Dorothy Rose for my adoptable

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone else heard about this?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 09:48:40 PM »
I just bought 6 of them from target two days ago with no hassle. I wonder what's up.

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »
I just bought 6 of them from target two days ago with no hassle. I wonder what's up.
I wish I knew because I really wanted that BB

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »
Hm that is strange. Well there is nothing about this on the hasbro product recall page. Nor is there any recall info on the consumer product safety commission website.
You could e-mail Hasbro and ask them/tell them about this experience and see what they have to say.... [email protected]
The store could be mistaken or perhaps this has not gone public, but you'd think it would have if a store is saying they are pulling them off the shelf....
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:40:29 PM by WildBlue »

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »
Hm that is strange. Well there is nothing about this on the hasbro product recall page. Nor is there any recall info on the consumer product safety commission website.
You could e-mail Hasbro and ask them/tell them about this experience and see what they have to say.... [email protected]
The store could be mistaken or perhaps this has not gone public, but you'd think it would have if a store is saying they are pulling them off the shelf....
I have no idea but I will try sending and email in a minute

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »
Oh, guess what? Target's recall information page doesn't say a thing about this either......and they post recalls for 240 days.

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
Oh, guess what? Target's recall information page doesn't say a thing about this either......and they post recalls for 240 days.
so then I wonder what the heck was up with that store. Also I found the phone # so I'm just going to call them instead tell them about that experience and see what Hasbro says.

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 11:13:52 PM »
so then I wonder what the heck was up with that store. Also I found the phone # so I'm just going to call them instead tell them about that experience and see what Hasbro says.

Calling probably would be easier. Let us know what they say. A lot of people around here have bought some already.

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »
When I bought mine, they weren't in the system at all (though they still sold them to me under the Wave 8 UPCs after some discussion). At the time I was surprised that they had them out at all, because they'd only been at Hot Topic for a week or two.

What I think is happening is that Hot Topic was supposed to have a month of exclusivity on Wave 9 (like they did with Wave 8) and there was some sort of mix-up at Target which ended with them mistakenly putting out the Wave 9 boxes too early. So now Target is trying to pull the boxes back in until such time that they're supposed to be putting them out.

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 11:18:38 PM »
I just called them and they said there has been no recall on it. Oh I'm seriously ticked there's been no recall on them and furthermore, they refused to sell them to me.

Post Merge: December 15, 2013, 11:19:50 PM

When I bought mine, they weren't in the system at all (though they still sold them to me under the Wave 8 UPCs after some discussion). At the time I was surprised that they had them out at all, because they'd only been at Hot Topic for a week or two.

What I think is happening is that Hot Topic was supposed to have a month of exclusivity on Wave 9 (like they did with Wave 8) and there was some sort of mix-up at Target which ended with them mistakenly putting out the Wave 9 boxes too early. So now Target is trying to pull the boxes back in until such time that they're supposed to be putting them out.
well they told me that they had been recalled.

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
I just called them and they said there has been no recall on it. Oh I'm seriously ticked there's been no recall on them and furthermore, they refused to sell them to me.

They probably just use the world recall for any item they need to get off of the sales floor, regardless if it's a manufacturer's recall or something else. It's likely easier to convince a customer that they can't buy an item by telling them that it's recalled instead of telling them that they're not supposed to sell it yet.

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 11:30:11 PM »
Thank you for calling Hasbro. Maybe Target could give a better idea of why they took this action and if Target released them too soon and is pulling them or something.

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
I called Target just now and all they did was give me the run around. They said that recalling or they where probably pulling it to send back was not always a manufacturer issue sometimes it was a Target issue. So I'm lost I guess I'm just going to have to wait till
Wal-Mart gets them in and buy them there. They said nothing about the fact they where not suppose to sell it yet. Now I remember why I always never really liked that store.

Post Merge: December 15, 2013, 11:39:54 PM

They probably just use the world recall for any item they need to get off of the sales floor, regardless if it's a manufacturer's recall or something else. It's likely easier to convince a customer that they can't buy an item by telling them that it's recalled instead of telling them that they're not supposed to sell it yet.
Also it wasn't a full box of BB's either there was only like 10 left so I know other people had to been buying them before I tried to.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:39:54 PM by unicornprincess »

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 11:43:38 PM »
Yeah, some companies may voluntarily recall something if say the risk of legal penalties or damage to publicity is greater than selling the product.  I was going to get some for stocking stuffers and didn't see them at wal-mart. I was going to check target... but it is so far away I dont know if I should drive there now. :\ Thanks for checking into it. I hope you find them soon.

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
I know that Hot Topic has them for sale, I almost grabbed some yesterday but I bought more mystery mini mlps for the exclusives there. Only 2 more to go! and like 9 more of the wave 9 BB then done.

Glad you called Hasbro to see what's up and found what you needed to on that end. Call Target and talk to a manager or better yet, go up there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal