collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 45 day deadline approaching *RESOLVED*  (Read 607 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
45 day deadline approaching *RESOLVED*
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:54:47 AM »
I purchased a lovely G2 Golden Glow from a UK seller on eBay (I'm in Canada, btw), with whom I've had nothing but positive experiences.  She really knows her ponies, and I've bought several from her this year, always pleased with the speed of shipping and quality of merchandise.  However, maybe it's just the time of year (eeek, holiday post! :freak: ), but my pony hasn't rolled in yet. -_-  I ticked the "haven't rec'd item" box, but have heard nothing from her yet... so today (with two days left in my deadline!), I'm sending her this message:

"I'm really sorry to have to message you about Golden Glow, but I haven't yet received her.  It may be that she's still coming in the post (maybe just took a wrong turn somewhere?) and I know the post is particularly busy at this time of the year... but I also have to advise you within a set amount of time according to eBay.  Since my 45-day deadline is approaching fast, I thought I'd let you know.  I really don't know what to do in this situation (it's never happened before, and I've always been especially pleased with my purchases from you particularly), so any input would be appreciated.  Thanks so much, [seller]!
Cordially,
[me]"

I'd appreciate any help from fellow collectors - what do I do from here?  Thanks, all! :hug:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:48:21 AM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 45 day deadline approaching (fast!), haven't rec'd pony - what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:34:01 AM »
That sucks, some post does seem to be slow at the moment :(

I would wait until the 45th day and then start the dispute process. You can explain to the seller that it's purely because the deadline is there, and you'll delay as long as possible to see if the pony arrives. I did this with a parcel from China; left it to the very last day to escalate to a claim. Also do promise to pay if she turns up after PayPal have refunded you, if it gets that far.

If she's a decent seller like you say then I'm sure she'll understand!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:52:09 AM »
I agree with Daffy, post has been incredibly slow at the moment.  :(

I think you handled it perfectly by sending her a message to let her know that your 45 days are fast approaching and you are really left with no other option than to open a case. It won't leave her completely surprised when the case is open then. She may also have another solution for you with out having to open a case.

Good Luck and I hope your pony arrives soon!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Cizmet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:02:58 AM »
As someone who has been in your exact situation but with a sleeze ball seller and not a kind one I'd say do not wait to open the case!!!. You did right, letting her know what was up and saying what you were going to do.

I did the same thing only the seller did get back to me when I opened a case so I canceled it. Big. Freaking. Mistake. Now after realizing that they were scammers I wasn't under the protection policy to receive a refund.

Now I am in no way saying that this seller is the same way. I'm sure she's very nice from what you've mentioned. But better safe than sorry really, regardless of the mailing being "slow" this time around it is a good idea to not wait past the 45 deadline. You never know who would be trying to pull fast one.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
Great news - I just received back a message from my seller, and she was very sympathetic and offered me a full refund.  I will message her back in the morning accepting her offer, and also assuring her that I'll send the money back to her if Golden Glow does eventually wend her way here.

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »
That's great news Sugar.  :cheer: I am glad things could be resolved without having to open a case.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
Great news - I just received back a message from my seller, and she was very sympathetic and offered me a full refund.  I will message her back in the morning accepting her offer, and also assuring her that I'll send the money back to her if Golden Glow does eventually wend her way here.

Thats awesome news :)  I'm glad you had a good and  understanding seller and I'm sure you'll be happy to send the monies back to her if/when the pony shows up. It probably is just due to the reeeaaally slow post ATM , but even if it isnt at least your seller was helpful and you didnt need to open a case to solve the problem. I also like your polite message to the seller - i think you handled the situation really well   :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:18:48 PM »
A while ago, I bought a couple of ponies from a canadian seller. It took the best part of 3 months to get here since I opted for the cheapest Surface Mail option.  At the 45 day mark, the seller offered a refund which  I accepted, a couple of weeks after, they arrived  :biggrin:  I sent the money back to the seller and all was well in the world. I hope your transaction ends as smoothly as mine did  ^.^

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »
I'm having this same problem with an item I sold to someone in Ireland. I offered to wait until the 22nd, and if it hadn't arrived I'd refund her money. I politely asked her, though, that should it arrive she repay me funds.
I have to believe there are still honest people in the world... This particular item I flexed my sales with and sent without tracking because she said it was for her daughter, who had to get dental work (severe) done. I know, i know, but hey...sometimes stuff happens. I told her if she won the auction I'd send it without tracking to save her some money. My BF is STILL laughing at me!
But I have to believe people are good, or i'll just become bitter and angry and i hate that type of person :P

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
Guess what!  Golden Glow finally did arrive - almost a month after that 45 day deadline. :blink:  Silly holiday post, grumble grumble.  Anyway, I messaged the seller and offered to pay in full.  She sent me a reply, offering to eat the shipping costs since it took so long (and to thank me for my honesty).

Just had to share the good news, and thank you all for your advice! :grouphug:

sosoftbuttons

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
oh thats wonderful :satisfied:  the post has been so terribly slow this year, for reasons unknown, but i'm so glad you got your pony and also that you did the right thing in paying the seller - you will be rewarded for that honesty :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 01:21:13 AM »
I love happy endings!  :D  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 05:47:44 AM »
Aw Yay!! Love a happy ending :)

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 07:39:49 AM »
That's great news Sugar!  :cheer: I am sure your seller was ecstatic over your honesty and that the pony wasn't lost.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

gypsyunicorn

Re: 45 day deadline approaching *RESOLVED*
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »
glad to see your g2 has a good seller
I had to escalate my case
Oh well
It's just a crazy eBay world

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal