collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cadance and Shining Armor Fashion Style set  (Read 645 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Cadance and Shining Armor Fashion Style set
« on: December 14, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »
So whatever happened to the Cadance and Shining Armor Fashion Style set that Target was selling? I assume it's gone out-of-print, but it seemed to happen so suddenly, without it going on clearance the way the Celestia and Luna set did. I've been holding off on getting the Cadance Fashion Style because I'd wanted the set with both of them, but I suppose that's impossible now unless I buy it online somewhere and pay astronomical shipping costs. (Eeek.)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cadance and Shining Armor Fashion Style set
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »
Yeah we got a brief flash of them here in the UK about a month or 2 ago, but that seems to have died a death.  Not sure if some people are still seeing them, I certainly never saw them, but my area is quite clear of ponies anyway.  You best bet would be ebay or Amazon for these 2. I got mine loose off ebay for about £21 incl. p & p.  Just watch out for the over priced ones. There's a set on there for £50  :shocked: at the moment.  Good luck getting that price for them LOL!!

I guess they all became "old" and were discontinued to make way for the Princess Twilight and Cadence FS ponies.  Now these will be pushed aside for the new Rainbow Power stuff that's coming out now.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:19:32 AM »
Some stores sell stock on to other retailers rather than putting them on clearance - there is always the possibility that has happened - or even a deal with the manufacturer on returns. Other than that, maybe it was a limited run and after redistribution and online order fulfilment, they simply had sold out. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:29:39 AM »
I waited as well, hoping I'd see them on clearance. No luck, so now if I want them it'll be tricky. Cadance won't be so hard to get in some form, but Shining Armor... :(
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 04:37:36 AM »
On the one hand, I'm glad I didn't miss a clearance sale. But ugh, how frustrating that it's just vanished!

I guess there's no chance it's ended up at Ross or Big Lots? I know some people have found Pony stuff there.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »
On the one hand, I'm glad I didn't miss a clearance sale. But ugh, how frustrating that it's just vanished!

I guess there's no chance it's ended up at Ross or Big Lots? I know some people have found Pony stuff there.

Ross and Big Lots are clearance outlets as you know and they will carry stock which the full price retailers either did not sell or which they simply wanted off their shelves. Its always possible that such a deal was struck; I know pony items [which were exclusive to other retailers] have turned up at these places in the past. There is not guarantee but its maybe worth a look.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
i think amazon has it at the moment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »
For $85. Waaay too much! eBay is too much, too, at $54.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 06:51:36 AM »
Yeah we got a brief flash of them here in the UK about a month or 2 ago, but that seems to have died a death.  Not sure if some people are still seeing them, I certainly never saw them, but my area is quite clear of ponies anyway.  You best bet would be ebay or Amazon for these 2. I got mine loose off ebay for about £21 incl. p & p.  Just watch out for the over priced ones. There's a set on there for £50  :shocked: at the moment.  Good luck getting that price for them LOL!!

I guess they all became "old" and were discontinued to make way for the Princess Twilight and Cadence FS ponies.  Now these will be pushed aside for the new Rainbow Power stuff that's coming out now.

I saw one set, with a crushed box, and no price tag on the shelf >.< I debated getting them but £25 for one pony (I already have Cadence) and a crushed box? Nyeeeeh I left 'em xD It's odd that only ~some~ Sainsburys stock ponies, the huuuge one nearest me didn't stock them for months and months =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:11:45 AM »
I havent even seen them in stores ive been too. Anyone else see them in Ontario?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 07:15:46 AM »

I saw one set, with a crushed box, and no price tag on the shelf >.< I debated getting them but £25 for one pony (I already have Cadence) and a crushed box? Nyeeeeh I left 'em xD It's odd that only ~some~ Sainsburys stock ponies, the huuuge one nearest me didn't stock them for months and months =/

I am the same - one Sainsburys carries them and the other has a woeful toy selection. I guess its just what sells in which town. But it makes it pretty hard sometimes to track things down!
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »

I am the same - one Sainsburys carries them and the other has a woeful toy selection. I guess its just what sells in which town. But it makes it pretty hard sometimes to track things down!

It's a real shame, especially as the Cadence/SA set is exclusive to Sainsburys. You'd think they'd make a big song and dance about it (like how TRU seems to have more Pinkie Pie's Boutique than the rest of their pony stock put together) but nope, nothing :(

It's possible this Sainsburys does have ponies but just...not with the other toys. Don't get me started on stores that have their toy stock in looooads of different places. My nearest Tesco has nearly an entire box of Wave 6 blind bags. Right next to the Coca-Cola...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
LOL - yeah...sometimes its a challenge to find things!

I actually found that Cadance and SA set at TK Maxx eventually - and half the price so I am guessing it was not so much an exclusive as other retailers decided not to carry it. :(
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 08:39:59 AM »
Really? Odd, on another forum someone found the Cadence & Shining Armour set with an "exclusive to Sainsburys" sticker on it. Ah well. Reminds me I need to brave the disorganised horror of TK Maxx to see if I can find ponies there :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
Could be old Sainsburys stock perhaps then? With TK Maxx who knows sometimes :) I was just so pleased to find it because it was £6.99 rather than the price I had seen it for at Sainsburys. Loves me a bargain!
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal