collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help naming a pony and giving him a mark  (Read 391 times)

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
Help naming a pony and giving him a mark
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »
ok so my friend, Kiri. i made him a pony. but the problem is he has WAY too many talents. he can play instruments, draw, play games of all kinds with ease, is funny, is extremely smart, can charm the pants off anyone without trying, and gives the best cuddles.

id say his most defining feature is definately his generousity. he will do anything to keep his friends happy and comfortable. money is not an issue as long as everyones smiling.

so with your help i wanna get him named and give him a cutie mark. please and thank you for any suggestions!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Help naming a pony and giving him a mark
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 11:41:01 PM »
What a thoughtful idea :)

I think a good starting point is focusing on not only his personality but also his interests/activities, favourite colours, cultures he may be interested in etc.

If you wanted a name that means generous, you could google different translations of generous in other languages which would sound lovely.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SALTY5621

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
his interests are hard to pinpoint due to him being rather secretive over them. the only interests i can truely pinpoint are:
ponies (obviously) and his favourite is Vinyl Scratch, Homestuck (fave is Vriska), Dune, Sam & Max, Magic: the gathering, Warhammer (though this is very on and off due to his "lack of painting skill" which is so not true :P), and Pink Floyde (not sure if i spelled that right ^^;).

he also has a shota complex when it comes to anime and games. blondes are his favourite. and Cable is his favourite comic character. thats about all i know though

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:05:56 AM »
I would say his name should be Mishmash. I looked up on a thesaurus online and typed in variety, since the character seems to like a lot of activities.

For a cutie mark...hmm i'll get back to you later

Edit: So far for a cutie mark, I was thinking of an opened up grab bag(brown bag) of sorts with a music note, crayon, and a board game piece, all of them sticking out.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:14:16 AM by MaronaPossessed »
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

diamondshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
I love these sorts of things, so I thought I'd put out a couple ideas~

So, from your description, your friend made me think of G4 Rarity--someone with several talents but an underlying character strong in giving.  I tried coming up with permutations of "rare" or "charitable," though somehow I ended up with Joyeuse, french for "joyful" (and incidentally apparently the name of Charlemagne's sword??).

For the mark I was thinking something kind of abstract.  I thought of something like a golden blossoming flower--in the language of flowers, honeysuckle represents generosity.  For some reason stars or color swirls also came to mind though.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
his interests are hard to pinpoint due to him being rather secretive over them. the only interests i can truely pinpoint are:
ponies (obviously) and his favourite is Vinyl Scratch, Homestuck (fave is Vriska), Dune, Sam & Max, Magic: the gathering, Warhammer (though this is very on and off due to his "lack of painting skill" which is so not true :P), and Pink Floyde (not sure if i spelled that right ^^;).

he also has a shota complex when it comes to anime and games. blondes are his favourite. and Cable is his favourite comic character. thats about all i know though

Vriska, you say? And he likes Magic and WH40K. Maybe his cutie mark should be something game-related. I'm thinking a dice with an eight (for Vriska) or an infinity loop (for his infinite generosity and seemingly infinite talents) showing to the front. The other sides of the die showing could have other interests - a record or headphones for Vinyl (a scratched record could also be another Homestuck/Dave reference), maybe a pyramid/prism with a rainbow for Pink Floyd's Dark Side, Max's bunny head with sharp teeth for Sam&Max, etc.

As for names, I went searching for things meaning "generous", "versatile" and "gifted". I think the Irish/Gaelic boy's name Haley/Hailey fits pretty well. It's meaning is "ingenious" and refers to the potential of the person to be a philanthropist - someone who devotes themselves to the betterment of the community and has a strong sense of responsibility, love and balance.

There's also Proteus, a Greek god of the sea, associated with flexibility, versatility and adaptability. Eucario is another Greek name meaning gracious, generous and a helper. Zenas is yet another Greek name meaning generous, with the potential for the person to be a mediator.

You mentioned anime being one of his interests, the Japanese name "Hiroshi" refers to someone who is tolerant and generous or prosperous, and has the characteristic of multi-talents and versatility. Lilo is a unisex Hawaiian name meaning "gifted one" or "generous one" and refers to an entertainer, optimistic, communicative or artistic person that charms others and inspires/motivates them. That's as far as I've gotten but I think it's plenty of food for thought. :lol:

Offline SALTY5621

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
Thank you all for the help! You've all given me wonderful ideas and i think i hav an idea for wat to do ^^

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:28 AM »
Oh wow! The idea of a dice with different sides [you could have different sides of the dice showing on each side of the pony] is fantastic, prancingstag!

I hope you share the final design with us - it sounds like a fantastic gift for your friend.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SALTY5621

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 01:17:56 AM »
alright. i gave him a list of options and after many attempts (he hates being the one to make decisions. its actually extremely adorable) he chose the name Deep Dreamer. now he needs a cutie mark to match the name though. suggestions?

(oh right forgot to mention, the yellow pony in my pic is him)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 03:26:03 AM »
So his name is Deep Dreamer..
Ok.. so i googled that and this is what i ACTUALLY found..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

how about something like that only in his colors?

( i dont own the image)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 03:43:23 AM »
I'd call him Jack of All Trades and give him a mark of four Jacks.

Crap, late to the party.  Oh well, that's what I would have suggested before he made a decision.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 07:44:36 AM »
Deep Dreamer...hmmm....I think the idea of a symbol which perhaps has some kind of celestial influence for that.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal