collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you ever make up families with your ponies?  (Read 893 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Did you ever make up families with your ponies?
« on: December 12, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »
You hold up a pony and go, my gosh, Masquerade, you are the same colour as Floater! I bet you two are brothers! And Dancing Butterflies must be your sister! And hm, I bet Baby Racer is Frilly Flower's son!

Everyone knows the matched ponies came together, but did you ever come up with your own family ties?

Lord knows I did. I actually have a picture of my most uh, used one, which I was exampling above. Also known as Masquerade, his siblings, and his serial wives and children:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Because lil' kids aren't sure what cheating is in the first place except I knew they should always be annoyed at him.

What families did you come up with?

(a lot of my big brothers and sweetheart sisters were couples, because I was convinced they were sexually dimorphic members of the same pony breed)
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Did you ever make up families with your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
I did. Granted the ponies often changed because not all of them belonged to me. My cousins would leave them at my place. So I co-owned some. :P

As a kid it broke down like this: plus their jobs because I loved making up background stories.
Fizzy (girl) + Speedy (boy)= ran a chop shop
Wigwam (boy) + Tex (boy)= cattle ranch
Masquerade (girl) + Fifi (girl)= owners of a local restaurant plus party supply store
Surprise (girl) + Party Time (boy)= event/party planners
Sky Rocket TE (girl) + Sky Rocket (boy)= motorbike and street racing team

It annoyed me that there weren't enough adult boy ponies, so some of the cannon girls where turned into boys.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
Okay, your ponies had cooler jobs that mine. The most exciting my ponies got was that all TEs were police officers.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
I look at Princess Cadance and Rainbow Flash and feel certain they're related somehow.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »
Out of the ponies I own, Tex and Dancing Butterflies are G4 Fluttershy's parents. :heart:

I don't actually own any of the others yet but I've made up a considerable amount of family stories. I think of the Year 5 UK Princess Ponies as siblings to the Mountain Boys. The MBs have a way with nature so I imagine that they were the ones to obtain eggs and hatch dragons to act as friends and helpers to their sisters, each dragon magically bonding with and taking on similar body colours to their MB caretaker prior to hatching.

Spoiler
Princess Tiffany/Pearl and her dragon Fiery are related to Lightning, and their backcard stories even match! They're both excellent with the baby ponies.

Princess Pearl is rather a sensitive pony and her feelings can be easily hurt. The Baby Ponies love her best of all because she understands them and is always ready to comfort them if they are upset. // Lightning loves to surprise his friends by suddenly appearing beside them. Of course this makes the Baby Ponies love him because he will always play hide and seek with them.

Princess Starburst/Amber and her dragon Flash are related to Sunburst. Matching US-UK names and matching backcard personalities here too!

Princess Amber tackles life with lots of enthusiasm. // Sunburst is a cheerful pony who can always see the bright side of any situation.

Princess Serena/Aquamarine and her dragon Prickles are related to Ice Crystal. They have backcards about sharing what they love with their friends, and both water-themed too.

Princess Aquamarine loves to stand on the seashore watching the waves as they crash onto the beach. As she watches the sea, she makes up romantic stories to tell to the other ponies. // Ice Crystal loves the winter when the weather is bright and frosty. He freezes over the puddles and makes slides so his friends can play.

Princess Royal Blue/Sapphire and her dragon Smokey are related to Tornado. They're more opposite siblings, Tornado is really impatient but Sapphire is wise and extra patient to make up for it. Tornado's influence hatched her a young dragonling who's still in the process of growing up - he probably couldn't wait long enough for Smokey to hatch and rushed him right out of the egg! :lol:

Princess Sapphire is the wisest of all the Princess Ponies. She is always able to advise te others if they have a problem. Because she is the wisest Princess she has the youngest dragon, Smokey, as her attendant. Smokey doesn't always get things quite right, but Princess Sapphire is always patient with him because she knows he always tries his best. // Tornado is very impatient and he just can't wait for things to happen. The trouble is, because he can't wait for the other ponies to finish talking to him, he finishes off what they are saying.

Princess Sparkle/Amethyst and her dragon Spiny are related to Thundercloud. I can't find the backcard story for Thundercloud anywhere so I haven't made up a story for them yet, but Thundercloud is purple, and Amethyst is named after a purple gemstone and has a lavender body colour, and they both have shades of blue in their manes, so they're matchy in that respect.

Princess Primrose/Ruby and her dragon Sparks are related to Fireball. They have complimentary personalities, Ruby wants to do everything but can't quite manage, and Fireball has huge amounts of energy and helps everyone else with their unfinished tasks. His influence gave Ruby the perfect friend in Sparks, who also helps her with her half finished projects.

Princess Ruby can never make up her mind just what she wants to do next. In fact, she is so undecided that she never has the time to finish one thing before she starts the next. Her dragon, Sparks, spends all of his time following her around and finishing off the tasks which she has left uncompleted. // Fireball is always dashing about trying to do things in a hurry. Because he has so much energy he often helps the other ponies when they've got a lot to do.

Aside from that, I consider Kiss Curl to be the elder brother of Posey. Baby Cuddles is Snuzzle's baby. Newborn Shaggy is the brother of Newborn Tappy.

Raincurl is the mom of all four baby Ember ponies - she has the blue, lavender and pink in her hair and the stars on her sides to match them. Ember's Dream is like a reversal of her, purple body with a white star, whilst mommy Raincurl is white body with purple stars.

The pink&blue menagerie is quite extensive. :lol: SS Buttons and SS Bangles are fraternal twins. Daddy Bright Bouquet is their cousin, and by extension Mommy/Brother/Sister BB are their in-laws. Bangles is partnered to Coco Berry, and their babies are Li'l Cupcake and Li'l Sweetcake. Buttons is partnered to Wind Whistler and they have Baby Pictures. Bow Tie is WW's aunt so Baby Bow Tie is WW's cousin.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »
Mine were always in little familys I dont really remember them though  :P

but I know I made them a little bar, palm trees & a pool out of cereal boxes once :P & another time I made a tea shop with a kids play area lol 

Currently this is one little family

Baby Quackers with her little sisters, Katie, Billy & Susie or as she calls them the troublesome trio :p
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:41:15 PM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
When I was younger, I didn't have the actual mom pony-baby pony pairs. I had mom or baby, mostly the baby pony but that wasn't really an issue.

Love Token and Baby Candy were family. The looked good together, so. Baby Lickety-Split (FT) was probably Baby Candy's sister. Peachy and Lemon Drop were together. Sweet Clover was living on her own and looking after baby ponies and arranging parties.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »
Oh yes. Someone has to take charge of all those babies with no obvious parent. I keep thinking it would be fun to do a photo album of pony families. Someday I may actually get around to it.

Elf

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »
Of course! My MGR Sparkler and Slugger are a couple, as well as Tangerine Twinkle and Secret Wish. Plus Baby Glory and Baby Firefly were best friends with childhood crushes on each other XD

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »
I love hearing everyone's stories.  It reminds me of all the elaborate stories we created as kids.  My sister and I played with them together and I guess the families we came up with started by hair or body colors, but got shifted each birthday and Christmas based on what family roles were missing :)  They also had specific places they lived/worked

Castle
Player -queen
Raincurl - grandma
Pony Bride - teen sister
Big Top and Toppy - babies

Nursery
Tassles - mom
Mirror Mirror and Posey- aunts
Baby Tiddley-winks and Baby Brother Paws - babies
Windy-grandma

Worked at the Satin Slipper, lived in a box we converted to a house  :biggrin:
Scoops - Mom
Party Time - aunt
Baby Frosting - baby

No house  :(
Best Wishes and Sky Dancer - mail carriers (there were often many birthday invitations to deliver)
Honeysuckle and Yum Yum - Castle guards on the roof
Celebrate- Castle guard in the moat
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:20:03 AM by Bibsy »

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 01:27:30 AM »
Okay, your ponies had cooler jobs that mine. The most exciting my ponies got was that all TEs were police officers.

Interesting because one of my TAF ponies was a cop. Buttons was Ponylands one and only officer. That included everything a real cop might have to deal with. From missing ponies to parking tickets. Yep she was very busy. :p

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 01:46:22 AM »
Minty and Cotton Candy were a couple, as were Applejack and Bowtie   :biggrin:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 03:00:54 AM »

I took this pic yesterday and they look all nice together  very family portrait like
so you can assume one of them is a Guy or if you are an open minded person
baby swirly then has 2 moms or 2 dads :)
either way he is getting good parenting  :),no?
LOL

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:23:24 AM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 03:22:51 AM »
Tux and tails is the older brother of bowtie and ribbon. They are all blue bodies and bows for symbols.

Sunbeam is the older sister of ice crystal. Their bodies are close to the same color, they both have white manes with a yellow or mint streak in it. And they both have weather theme symbols. Jebber and Jabber are their baby   brothers.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 03:32:16 AM »
Absolutely!  I started collecting ponies as a little kid in the 80's so in the course of our play we made up lots of families for them. 

Applejack was always a boy and he was married to Surprise.  Together, they had baby Racer and baby surprise. 

Twilight and was married to Scoops (a boy) and they had Nibbles and Dibbles to keep them busy

Galaxy and Slugger were married and had not yet been blessed with little ones, but they babysat for Twilight who was Galaxy's sister.  I thought these pairings were universal and obvious to everyone.  LOL I remember being so upset when I was the Big Brother's episode and saw the Slugger was paired with Buttons and not Galaxy.   >_<
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal