collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm too squeamish to bait these ponies!  (Read 449 times)

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm too squeamish to bait these ponies!
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »
When I was working, we had a sale on ponies, so I got some ponies to use as bait, but now that I have them out of the box and have really looked at them, I'm not sure I want to bait them anymore :(

I already have them, and those are in the box, but I am starting to feel bad about cutting their hair off and wiping their eyes and symbols and making them into something new!

Has this ever happened to you? And what do you think I should do with these ponies? (for the record, they are Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm too squeamish to bait these ponies!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »
All the time, and then I end up with several doubles and I buy more doubles and cut their hair quick enough before I have a chance to bond.
Even that doesn't always work.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »
Well, if they were G1 I could relate, but G4... especially Dash - they're flooding the market... I mean everything is mane 6 released over and over again... unless you mean FS size, then, I dunno, it's up to you. But... if you want to bait them, bait them! I don't think anyone is desperately seeking Rainbow Dash, they could pick one up for $5 at Walmart any day of the week (lol)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
I get that :) I have boxes of baits which I refuse to do anything with :P

Its easy enough to say they are common and they 100% are - Pinkie, Dash and Twilight appear to be on a mission to take over the world - but just because there are lots of them does not necessarily make it any easier, if you like them as lovely toys, to bait them.

Is it just because they are in lovely condition that you have a problem or is it more sentimental?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
I completely understand as well, I've purposely purchased several G4's to use as baits, only to wind up with only a couple because I can't make myself bait my army ponies (RD, Rarity and Fluttershy) :blush: PP and Twilight are probably the only ones that it doesn't bother me to bait just because it feels as though everywhere is flooded with them, well that and you have the sellers in Hong Kong, China etc selling them for a little over $1 each with free shipping :P

I also have a dresser drawer full of bait ponies, well that's what they are supposed to be, it's mainly G3's that are in the mintiest of conditions, it seems as though people sell the mintiest ones for dirt cheap, and the nasty baity ones are more expensive :shocked: makes no sense to me

Offline jupiterlily

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • 80’s baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 11:51:36 PM »
I've felt that dilemma before, but only temporarily.  Honestly, with mane 6 G4's I wouldn't sweat it too much, but when it comes down to it they're your ponies and you should do what you want with them.  If you don't feel comfortable baiting them, then leave them be, and be happy.  :)

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 02:08:27 AM »
Is it just because they are in lovely condition that you have a problem or is it more sentimental?

It might be partially because they are in great shape, because I just removed them from the box. It's odd, because I would have absolutely no trouble baiting Pinkie Pie (I really don't care for her), but I just can't convince myself to do it to them. I think, in part, it may be a fear of ruining them along the way and then throwing away a perfectly good toy when there's children that don't even have toys.

I probably wasn't going to customize them right away anyway, because I'm too busy with work and the holidays, but maybe in a month I'll see where I stand with them? I really don't have room for duplicates (I also have an extra Rarity and Lyra too).

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 02:49:45 AM »
I get that. I tend to get attached on an emotional level to my ponies--I just remind myself that I'm helping them become someone better! ;) It calms my inner five year old.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »
yeah, I haven't been able to muster the courage to customize ponies, esp G1s.  I just end up keeping them!

so OP, if you're having second thoughts... just keep them as they are! :)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 08:07:14 AM »
i bought a second sunny rays to customize into G4 version of skydancer cos she is my fav G1 but i can not do it, she is mint and gorgeous so now i have 2 sunny rays, however if it were a main six i would not think twice about it sorry, i have loads of pinkies and rarity and dashy's, over the holidays i am going to do rehairs of R.dash and p.pies.
anyways i am hoping to find a baity sunny rays at the markets i don't mind cutting the hair on :)
its like with shining armor, i bought him on the intention of rehairing him with proper dollyhair/pony hair but i just can't do it
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:09:14 AM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »
I think maybe it harkens back to our upbringing as children to take good care of your toys. There were toys you got to mangle and squish, like Play Doh, and the toys you'd never get away with destroying because your parents would never buy you another one! It's just contrary to deep training.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 05:59:15 AM »

It might be partially because they are in great shape, because I just removed them from the box. It's odd, because I would have absolutely no trouble baiting Pinkie Pie (I really don't care for her), but I just can't convince myself to do it to them. I think, in part, it may be a fear of ruining them along the way and then throwing away a perfectly good toy when there's children that don't even have toys.

I probably wasn't going to customize them right away anyway, because I'm too busy with work and the holidays, but maybe in a month I'll see where I stand with them? I really don't have room for duplicates (I also have an extra Rarity and Lyra too).

I actually think that is a very generous and thoughtful way to think. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal