collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone still selling the Costco Pony set in the USA?  (Read 470 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone still selling the Costco Pony set in the USA?
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:14:52 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This set. ^ (pic found on google)

I really want it MiB so I can open it myself, but as I know that would make shipping outragous, I'll deal without.

I assume that this really IS costco exclusive and found no where else anywhere?

Not sure if this is the right place or not?

moving to Wanted - spottedslug :slug:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:27:12 AM by spottedslug »
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone still selling the Costco Pony set in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:30:35 AM »
They are definitely Costco exclusives-  They are $29.99 (+ 10% tax) at my Costco- but they finally ran out.   

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:52 AM »
Yes. This is an exclusive set. I saw a special on Costco and how they work with manufacturers to get prices down and make products appealing to their customers. They specifically covered toys. Most likely it was Costco who determined the number of ponies and which ponies to include. They probably also required Hasbro to include an exclusive pony. This is what they did with other toys lines covered in the special. It was very interesting.

My Costo stores recently started selling these sets. They are now $20. I'm in Houston. Where are you located?

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 10:41:50 AM »
Yes. This is an exclusive set. I saw a special on Costco and how they work with manufacturers to get prices down and make products appealing to their customers. They specifically covered toys. Most likely it was Costco who determined the number of ponies and which ponies to include. They probably also required Hasbro to include an exclusive pony. This is what they did with other toys lines covered in the special. It was very interesting.

My Costo stores recently started selling these sets. They are now $20. I'm in Houston. Where are you located?
If they sold this set at BJ's I'd be fine! But the only pony things there were the Fash-ems. Oh well. I keep asking my mom if she even knows anyone who ever went to costco, nope, none are even close to me. >.< Then again, didn't G3 have a few costco exclusive ponies too? And MH?

Pennsylvania.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 01:39:35 PM »
I haven't stopped back by Costco to pick any up yet. Are you looking at MIB or deboxed? Do you need it by a specific date? I wouldn't mind picking up a few. But I may have to acquire a box and then get a shipping quote.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal