collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: About ponywear, open or not  (Read 223 times)

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
About ponywear, open or not
« on: December 10, 2013, 02:30:31 AM »
I have question about ponywear. I have two that are MOC, however, the other one has plastic in pieces and falling off. There's holes. And the other one, well, is in better shape but the plastic is off from upper corner. Weak glue but that no surprise.

The question is should I open that one that has holes on the plastic. I'm not going to sell it and if I'm going to, I will sell the complete set, loose though. The price might be different compared to MOC but... should I open it? Or maybe this is one of those things, you know, if I feel like it, I should open it/not open.

Feeling so hesitant about this...

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: About ponywear, open or not
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »
Its always a dilemma with anything MOC or MIB isn't it!

Personally for me, if the box is damaged beyond repair/use, I'd de-box it.  I do de-box my G4's but I leave my G3's and G1's (if I had any  :P

Yes it is nice to have a load of MIB/MOC ponies and (in your case) pony wear on display, but if its all ragged and tattered, it kinda defeats the object of having an item MIB!

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:52:44 AM »
I personally don't think it being in box matters much if the box is ratty in any way and I've deboxed toys like Tonka Auroras when the boxes were really beat up. I agree with Rhubarbpie that the appeal of MIB\MOC is only there if it's display-worthy.

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: About pony wear, open or not
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 03:01:39 AM »
Yep, it is. I had to buy two Sunset Shimmer ponies, one to be opened and one not to. Which was rather weird, since I tend to open every pony package, especially G4 but they weren't expensive so...

The package is beyond repair. Gaps on plastic. I think I can open it without feeling guilty, but I will be saving the back card. The other pony wear package is in better shape, it is just open from the upper corner.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 03:02:01 AM »
I'd probably de-box the crunched one very carefully to preserve as much of the card itself as possible. Another part of MOC appeal is the origional artwork, which reminds people of their childhood or simply for aesthetic appeal :) they'll often sell for a little more if they're loose but have their card as well.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »
As long as you know deboxing devalues, then it really is your item to do as you wish with :) Some MOC pony wear is very low in value anyway [even more low value when loose] when other is much more valuable.  So while you want to factor in which pony wear set it is, I will admit that for the harder to find pony wear I spent more trying to collect it loose than collecting it MOC :P

If the box is in terrible condition and the pony wear coming loose in the bubble, then its not going to be worth the price of a MOC item so I would perhaps not be overly concerned about deboxing it if there is not much of a package left anyway.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 08:11:27 AM »
What Pony Wear is it? The only one I have MOC is Ponynaut...I absultely adore it! Makes me smile every time I walk past it, but I wish I had one out of package to see what it looks like!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal