collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deluxe Fluttershy- 2 different kinds of hair!?  (Read 1337 times)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Deluxe Fluttershy- 2 different kinds of hair!?
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »
So I was stocking some Equesteia Girls at work just now, I pullled a Fluttershy out of the Deluxe box...and her hair was bright light pink!? Same with the basic dolls, I looked over and the Fluttershys also have a lighter brighter shade of pink. I looked at pictures of mine and I saw mine had darker pink hair. I checked the shelf stock for more Deluxe FS and wow, theres 2 hair variants!  To me its dramaticlly noticeable, I might buy one with the light pink hair! Heres a side by side comparison:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anypony else notice this and which ones did you get? My deluxe Fluttershy have the darker pink hair and my basic FS has the light pink hair.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:40:05 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Fluttershy- 2 different kinds of hair!?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
Wow, that's odd! I'd noticed that my deluxe doll had the dark pink hair, whilst the basic doll had the light pink. I thought it was just a difference between the variants, but it looks like they're changing her original dark hair to be the light hair on all releases now? Just like the brushable ponies. :huh: Personally I like the dark hair better. The difference is very obvious, the light hair has a tiny bit of a coral tint and is super bright. I would almost go as far to say neon or fluorescent, it's certainly not a match to the pastel pink of her animated counterparts.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 08:34:22 PM »
I thought mine had the light pink hair, but I just went and looked and I think it's the darker/brighter pink, I definitely like the lighter pink on her though :)

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
Think the darker pink may just be the dullness of the bad hair. :/

Unless you opened her and the hair is fine, but I have my doubts.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:18:41 PM »
my deluxe fluttershy has a tone that is in between those two colours. it's a darker pink, but not as dark as that one on the left.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Interesting, but I guess when they decide to change shades they change it. I wonder if there is a difference in the quality of the hair..
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »
Interesting! I wonder if anyone has opened both. I'd love to hear if the texture is any different.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »
OH I remember seeing someone post about a Fluttershy with a more mauve hair color- thanks for posting a picture!

I can say for sure that the Fluttershy with the light pink hair- has absolutely fabulous hair that appears to be identical to the pony hair.

That mauve hair looks WAY more dull- I would definitely think the texture of that hair is going to be different.  Maybe more like the new FS Fluttershy with the multi-colored hair (fluffy rather than silky)- it looks exactly like that color...

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:50:58 AM »
Well if there IS a lighter haired fluttershy, I need to buy a second one so i have both. Not that I mind, just, bleh.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 06:06:10 AM »
Oooh. I prefer Flutter with as light of hair as possible, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for this.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:43 AM »
my deluxe fluttershy has a tone that is in between those two colours. it's a darker pink, but not as dark as that one on the left.
Same, mine's is closer to the one on the right but not quite that light

Here she is! She's so cute  ^.^

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 08:15:06 AM »
So not only there is (deluxe) version with different color wings, but drastically different color hair too. I think hair on mine is somewhere between the two, though closer to the lighter pink and I love the tone of color it is. Also I just noticed that mine has also darker pink hairs among the lighter pink ones.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:18:25 AM by Eurocoin »

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
So not only there is (deluxe) version with different color wings, but drastically different color hair too. I think hair on mine is somewhere between the two, though closer to the lighter pink and I love the tone of color it is. Also I just noticed that mine has also darker pink hairs among the lighter pink ones.
Yeah mine has several distinctly red hairs in the lower back

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »
Yeah mine has several distinctly red hairs in the lower back
I think that's normal, kinda like how the basic AJ has seval plugs of orange hair. Why? Who knows, but it's normal.

Offline prancingstag

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »

Psst. Not only does she have two different coloured pairs of wings, but both pink and purple bracelet variants, pink and purple earring variants, and pink, purple and blue purse variants. ;) Deluxe Rainbow has the same two-two-three colour variants for her bracelet/earrings/backpack, and instead of wing variations, she has two different colours of the winged boots (red/gold and black/pink). Gotta catch em all!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal