collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Airbrush/Spray Gun? (Full Body Repainting Advice)  (Read 209 times)

Daeaye

• Trade Count: (0)
First Airbrush/Spray Gun? (Full Body Repainting Advice)
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »
Helloooo!
I need a little help.
I'm looking into getting an airbrush or spray gun for full-body repaints. I don't get on well at all with using brushes whether I water the paint right down so it runs off, of layer it thick, and since airbrushes are used a lot I thought it would be nice to try it.
They're not cheap, of course, but I'm not looking to be able to get detail out of it, I just need it to give great overall coverage. The problem is, I have no idea what I'm looking at. It seems that most of the time, you can't get full kits - it looks more like you have to buy everything in parts, and I just know I'd buy what I thought I needed, only to find myself with parts I will never need, and without parts I do.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for specific models and products that I could get as my first airbrush or spray gun, which are around the lower price ranges, or could you tell me the basic things I'll need to make sure I buy or are sold with the main piece? I really have no idea at all where to start with it, so any info anyone could give me would be brilliant.

Where on earth do I start?!

If it helps, I'm in the UK, so if anyone out there happens to know of any good websites or specific product pages then that would be great. Initially I was looking at this, but I really don't know what I'm looking at even if I research the product elsewhere: http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/badger-spraygun-set/

Thanks in advance for any help guys! I've only completed 2 ponies, and they both have problems, though I am proud of them. I've got two more I was working on, but they had a little mishap with polymer clay and need a lot of general body repair. I've learned I'm better off keeping away from polymer afterall and just using apoxie sculpt after other MLPArena users' suggestion. But I'm quite hesitant to bother starting a new pony until I have this airbrush/spray gun thing down.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: First Airbrush/Spray Gun? (Full Body Repainting Advice)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
The link to the thread below should get you started and I'm sure a few customizers that use airbrushes will be along shortly to offer more assistance. I do all my FBR by hand since my airbrush doesn't work lol.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,318452.new.html#new
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal