collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Wheat Penny - Fakie DG Baby Custom (In Honor of my Papi)  (Read 375 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Baby Wheat Penny - Fakie DG Baby Custom (In Honor of my Papi)
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »
My grandfather (who passed in April) was a huge coin collector. I started collecting coins early on in life, even though I never really knew he was a collector until a few years ago. I fully believe coin collecting is in my genes. :D
I think this is a good way to honor his memory.

Introducing Baby Wheat Penny! BWP started out as a white and blue Dollar General fakie baby, very dirty. And I've never been so happy to rip out pony hair! (I also have a pink one and a blue one!)  I have no idea what she's been rehaired with, it's DollyHair though. (Those 5 random bags you can buy, haha.)  She's been painted with bronze and gold, with some brown mixed in to help it give it some ... dimension, I guess.

Onto the pictures!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Closeup of her symbol, it's the symbol on the back of a 1901 Indian Head wheat penny I have. (Or a very simple attempt at it, haha.)

The white of her eye may be melting >.>

Thanks for looking! ^_^
I'm incredibly proud of her!
-Iva

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Wheat Penny - Fakie DG Baby Custom (In Honor of my Papi)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »
Cute! Baby Wheat Penny is very special. I love it! I also collect coins too. I give to you my dearest condolences for the loss of your grandpa.

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »
Cute! Baby Wheat Penny is very special. I love it! I also collect coins too. I give to you my dearest condolences for the loss of your grandpa.
Thank you!
I don't know how he would have felt about her, haha. He was a very no nonsense kind of guy. (I remember when my son was smaller, he came to visit and just out of nowhere he goes "Doesn't that kid ever stop humming?!" My son hums/sings ALL THE TIME. We just told him NO and told my kid to maybe be a little quieter around G-Pap.)
I like to think he would have appreciated it, maybe not liked it, but he could see it as something I am passionate about.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 02:46:36 AM »
Very pretty! I love the hair blend!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:41:07 AM »
Now that is a custom idea that makes cents! :P  She is so adorable!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 06:45:32 AM »
That's a great way to remember your grandpa, it's neat that the 2 of you had coin collecting in common too :)

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 06:50:39 AM »
She's absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure your grandpa would have loved her. <3

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »
Thank you, guys!!

I had started collecting before I knew he was a collector. Granted, he has coins worth 50k and more, me? I think 2.01 is the most I have a coin worth. :) But it's the thrill of the find!

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
Thank you, guys!!

I had started collecting before I knew he was a collector. Granted, he has coins worth 50k and more, me? I think 2.01 is the most I have a coin worth. :) But it's the thrill of the find!

Oh wow! I'd love to have a coin worth that much!! I've brokered gold coins and just wished I could have them, lol. Holding them in my hand and having a good look at them was thrilling too. But finding them yourself, now that is fun!! :) It is also fun to hear the stories of where people got them and such. Have you ever been metal detecting? It kind of goes hand in hand with coin collecting. I got to get a new machine one of these days!

Offline U2QueenBee

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »
My grandpa was a coin collector too, although only a casual one.  I still remember how special I felt when he showed his collection to me.  Your custom is a lovely tribute to your grandfather and the bond you shared. :)

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
Thank you, guys!!

Oh wow! I'd love to have a coin worth that much!! I've brokered gold coins and just wished I could have them, lol. Holding them in my hand and having a good look at them was thrilling too. But finding them yourself, now that is fun!! :) It is also fun to hear the stories of where people got them and such. Have you ever been metal detecting? It kind of goes hand in hand with coin collecting. I got to get a new machine one of these days!
My stepdad doesnt know it yet, but Santa (AKA My mom) got him a metal detector for Christmas. I cannot WAIT til we get to use it! I plan on being out there Christmas day with him and my kiddo hopefully digging up treasures!

&
Thank you, QueenBee!!

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:51 PM »
Thank you, guys!!

My stepdad doesnt know it yet, but Santa (AKA My mom) got him a metal detector for Christmas. I cannot WAIT til we get to use it! I plan on being out there Christmas day with him and my kiddo hopefully digging up treasures!

&
Thank you, QueenBee!!

That is so exciting to me!! Santa is awesome haha! And I see you are in PA, if that is the US I would love to dig there! :D

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
Thank you, guys!!

&
Thank you, QueenBee!!

That is so exciting to me!! Santa is awesome haha! And I see you are in PA, if that is the US I would love to dig there! :D
Yup, Pennsylvania! Didn't notice you were in Virginia. My sister lives in Sterling, VA. We visit her every so often. (She normally comes sees us.) How far are you? If you don't mind me asking. We could TOTALLY meet up and go metal detectoring together. Lol.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 02:45:53 AM »
What a beautiful tribute, and as a bonus you get to kiss that little nose!

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 02:52:52 AM »
Thank you, guys!!

&
Thank you, QueenBee!!

Yup, Pennsylvania! Didn't notice you were in Virginia. My sister lives in Sterling, VA. We visit her every so often. (She normally comes sees us.) How far are you? If you don't mind me asking. We could TOTALLY meet up and go metal detectoring together. Lol.

That would be cool once the ground thaws. I do not live too far from there at all. Just a hour west in the mountains. Finding a place to dig is the hard part.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal