collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FIM Rubber Band Rainbow Loom Charms w/ Pony Faces (at Target)  (Read 776 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
FIM Rubber Band Rainbow Loom Charms w/ Pony Faces (at Target)
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
I was at Target the other day...
But I was in a hurry. Up by the registers, where they have stuff like the FIM Dogtags, football cards & whatall else, I saw a new thing (at least to me) which was a bag of FIM branded hot colors mini rubber bands. They are those kind that goes into those "rainbow looms" things that like somehow sews the bands together into jewelry of sorts & seems to be ALL the rage. (with who? Never actually seen anyone wear a rubber jewelry they made)

Anyway, this bag was different because instead of JUST bands inside there were bands with pony face charms!
Little cute pony faces made of flat rubber, attached to some of the bands. If you looked on the back, you could see lots of faces. Like it's not just the mane 6 in there. The bag I saw had Scootaloo right up front. But the bag window is small. You couldn't see easily how many charms to bands ratio there was inside/for the money.

In florida, rubber bands (at least normal ones) fail really fast. They break down in the weather and turn into crumby junk. Unless you keep it in the fridge. So I don't want these crazy bands or whatever they are, but the charms seem fun. What if you used it as a hair tie for the pony?

Does anyone have these?
How many charms per bag? (store only had 1 bag & I was in a rush)
Do you think they are cool?

Just something I saw & got curious because it seemed fun.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FIM Rubber Band Rainbow Loom Charms w/ Pony Faces (at Target)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
I was at Target the other day...
But I was in a hurry. Up by the registers, where they have stuff like the FIM Dogtags, football cards & whatall else, I saw a new thing (at least to me) which was a bag of FIM branded hot colors mini rubber bands. They are those kind that goes into those "rainbow looms" things that like somehow sews the bands together into jewelry of sorts & seems to be ALL the rage. (with who? Never actually seen anyone wear a rubber jewelry they made)

Anyway, this bag was different because instead of JUST bands inside there were bands with pony face charms!
Little cute pony faces made of flat rubber, attached to some of the bands. If you looked on the back, you could see lots of faces. Like it's not just the mane 6 in there. The bag I saw had Scootaloo right up front. But the bag window is small. You couldn't see easily how many charms to bands ratio there was inside/for the money.

In florida, rubber bands (at least normal ones) fail really fast. They break down in the weather and turn into crumby junk. Unless you keep it in the fridge. So I don't want these crazy bands or whatever they are, but the charms seem fun. What if you used it as a hair tie for the pony?

Does anyone have these?
How many charms per bag? (store only had 1 bag & I was in a rush)
Do you think they are cool?

Just something I saw & got curious because it seemed fun.

I LOVE rainbow looms, my boyfriend build me a makeshift loom out of wood and I make them all the time. We sell TOOONSSS of them at work, and when I was there a few months ago, people were asking me for them all the time. We were always sold out...I'm super excited for these, I definitely need some!

I've seen parents and kids and tons of people with dozens of these up their arms, around their necks like necklaces, made into rings, bags, keychains, etc. They really are super popular! XD

I hope they have some pony ones near me, because this sounds awesome. :D

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »
I got a set with rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow (the only ones there were in the sets, shown on the card and in the package) dunno what i want to do with them.

Edit: I got it at Jo-anns.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Razena

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:45:11 AM »
I saw these at Target last week for the first time.  If you move the rubber bands around in the bag, you can see which charms are in the bag through the clear window in the center of the bag.  I'm sure I got some strange looks from the employees as I jiggled all the bags before picking one, but I wanted Pinkie Pie.    :blush:

You only get 3 pony charms per bag and sometimes one of the charms isn't a character, it's just a My Little Pony logo.  The ones I looked at seemed to have a trio of charms always bundled together, such as if Pinkie was in the bag so is Sweetie Bell.

Here's the one I picked up:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think it was $4.  There are 12 different charms, but 3 of them are My Little Pony Logos.  The different charms are shown on the back of the bag:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
o.0 *whistles* It didn't take Hasbro long to jump on /this/ bandwagon, eh? Aren't these Rainbow Loom things the newest sudden hit?

...I totally want those charms though. >.> Will be looking for them next time I'm out! Thanks for posting!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
Oooh!  I got a rainbow loom for an early birthday present, so i'll be on the lookout for these.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 12:06:05 PM »
I am crazy obsessed with Rainbow Loom and I was so excited to find these!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »
I found them a couple of days ago for my niece.  She loves rainbow loom!  These will be Christmas presents.   I'm excited to hear there are three in each bag!  I spent time going through each one looking for Pinkie, Rarity and Twilight because I thought there was only one in each.   :blush:  Well, at least I know she'll get her favorites.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
Toys r us has an exclusive pack of these. I wish I had snapped a picture.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »
o.0 *whistles* It didn't take Hasbro long to jump on /this/ bandwagon, eh? Aren't these Rainbow Loom things the newest sudden hit?

...I totally want those charms though. >.> Will be looking for them next time I'm out! Thanks for posting!

They are licensed so I bet the actual creator may have a licence with Hasbro already for other brands perhaps?

These are cute! I love the fact they included little logo charms as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »
My son got a loom last March for his birthday. They didn't have pony charms then. He made some in pony colors and we sold them at Pony Fair. It was pretty cool.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »
I hate to be that person, but what are they? What do they make and what do they do? I remember looms from when I was a kid but these don't look like that to me... anyone have examples?

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »
Theres also a 3pack of charms at micheals with just rarity, rainbow, and fluttershy! I will check out target as soon as the ice melts, thank you for sharing :D

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 03:55:04 AM »
Rainbow Looms are really fun to make, and I picked up a pack of MLP Rainbow Looms. I ended up getting Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, and Scootaloo Charms.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal