collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow Pony Favorite Set found + Rainbow Power leaflet  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Jupetto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Pony Favorite Set found + Rainbow Power leaflet
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:22 AM »
The wings Twilight and Cadence have would fit Chrysalis! I think I'll pass most things except the EG Rainbow Rarity. I love Rarity's clown hair. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for AJ stuff!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57:02 AM »
Ahh! Thanks for the pics Aquatic- those look great!

Judging from the box art though, I'm wondering if they were originally planning to slap cutie marks all over them like on the Fashion Style Rainbow Rarity and Fluttershy...

I am more curious than ever to find out how the "Rainbow Power" thing will relate to the cartoon.  It seems way too elaborate at this point not to.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »

Judging from the box art though, I'm wondering if they were originally planning to slap cutie marks all over them like on the Fashion Style Rainbow Rarity and Fluttershy...

I am more curious than ever to find out how the "Rainbow Power" thing will relate to the cartoon.  It seems way too elaborate at this point not to.

No problem! Uh I don't think it is related to the show would be too much of a spoiler earlier on, just like how Pinkie Pie's boutique isn't in the show it's just a toy line.

Post Merge: December 06, 2013, 08:46:10 AM

Well looks like we found everything before the leaflet lol :P I will admit to being disappointed that there is not a single unique new character coming in this wave of releases.

I'm with you plus the awful tinsel hair, I will not be buying any brushables on this leaflet.

Ps. Searched several targets and walmarts today, no new pony sets. Colorado must get them before we get them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:47:25 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »

No problem! Uh I don't think it is related to the show would be too much of a spoiler earlier on, just like how Pinkie Pie's boutique isn't in the show it's just a toy line.

Well looks like we found everything before the leaflet lol :P I will admit to being disappointed that there is not a single unique new character coming in this wave of releases.

I'm with you plus the awful tinsel hair, I will not be buying any brushables on this leaflet.

I am betting something to do with the box - perhaps a rainbow power is whats contained inside or something similar. The last 3 lines linked into the show and even G3 tended to do this on occasion.

The toys would easily hit shelves and reveal plot lines or surprises before the cartoon. Remember Sunset Shimmer? She was revealed in February at the toy show and no one knew who she was until EQG came along a few months later. A kids cartoon is not quite the same as an adult show - of course they dont want to give the game away but its more important that they have toys matching in some way on shelves when the story line is revealed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »

I am betting something to do with the box - perhaps a rainbow power is whats contained inside or something similar. The last 3 lines linked into the show and even G3 tended to do this on occasion.

The toys would easily hit shelves and reveal plot lines or surprises before the cartoon. Remember Sunset Shimmer? She was revealed in February at the toy show and no one knew who she was until EQG came along a few months later. A kids cartoon is not quite the same as an adult show - of course they dont want to give the game away but its more important that they have toys matching in some way on shelves when the story line is revealed.

Good point I thinnk it's safe to assume if we get a new brushable as a single that the pony will show up in the show at some point now, what if...
Spoiler
The rainbow power was in the box! Rainbow of Light perhaps haha

For Sale Wants

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
eek..... i like the blind bag set with dj and doc whooves.   but everything else is all repeat and quite lame as it comes to toys in my oppinion.  :(   and where is applejack?  have they just cut her from the line in general?
Lol-  so are you unhappy to see re-releases of the main characters? Or unhappy because they didn't include AJ?   :biggrin:  I've noticed that in general people complain there are not enough new characters, but when they don't release the mane six in a series, there are just as many complaints (ie with the Funko ponies)  just goes to show you can't please everyone, anytime.

I think the mane six probably sell the best, with Twilight and RD and probably Fluttershy pulling ahead of the pack.  So I'm sure we'll continue to see mostly these characters with a few others in much smaller quantities like Sunset Shimmer, Minty, Ms. Cake, Peppermint Twist,  Silver Spoon, Daisy Dreams, etc...

haha i should have specified. im more curious as to why applejack is usually missing from the assortments. and why she hasnt been re released as a fashion style.   mostly curiousity honestly :P  i hate repeats.   but i never did snag a FS applejack...  LOL
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
eek..... i like the blind bag set with dj and doc whooves.   but everything else is all repeat and quite lame as it comes to toys in my oppinion.  :(   and where is applejack?  have they just cut her from the line in general?
Lol-  so are you unhappy to see re-releases of the main characters? Or unhappy because they didn't include AJ?   :biggrin:  I've noticed that in general people complain there are not enough new characters, but when they don't release the mane six in a series, there are just as many complaints (ie with the Funko ponies)  just goes to show you can't please everyone, anytime.

I think the mane six probably sell the best, with Twilight and RD and probably Fluttershy pulling ahead of the pack.  So I'm sure we'll continue to see mostly these characters with a few others in much smaller quantities like Sunset Shimmer, Minty, Ms. Cake, Peppermint Twist,  Silver Spoon, Daisy Dreams, etc...

haha i should have specified. im more curious as to why applejack is usually missing from the assortments. and why she hasnt been re released as a fashion style.   mostly curiousity honestly :P  i hate repeats.   but i never did snag a FS applejack...  LOL

I think AJ is not very popular, so she gets left out/left for last :( It makes me kind of sad because I love Applejack! She's so snarky and hard working :heart:
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »
I was really really hoping/holding out for a FS AJ too.  You'd have thought Hasbro would catch on (like Mattel did with skyrocketing original Monster High prices) and do a complete "original favorites" re-release.  I was really hoping they would, but that is seeming increasingly less likely...

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 12:06:43 AM »
Ooooh thank you for scanning the phamplet. :D Can't wait to start finding the rainbow power stuff. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 12:24:41 AM »
I was really really hoping/holding out for a FS AJ too.  You'd have thought Hasbro would catch on (like Mattel did with skyrocketing original Monster High prices) and do a complete "original favorites" re-release.  I was really hoping they would, but that is seeming increasingly less likely...

Yeah, I get that AJ is the least popular. Even amongst the target audience. She's my second favorite out of the Mane Six so I'm really sad that all Mane Six have gotten several FS versions - but AJ is left with only one that din't even get re-released.
I own an incomplete FS AJ and I think I even got a good price for her (30€). I always think about selling her again to get some money I could spend on more important things like winter shoes... but then I look at her sweet face and I'm like: "No, I can't sell her. They will probably never make her again" ^^;

I'm not a fan of the entire rainbow line. It feels cheap to just slap on some rainbow designs and call it a day. Well, at least it's more creative than just giving them diamond shaped eye twinkles.
But I was much more interested in the translucent prototypes we saw on TaoBao. The ones that were thought to be featured in the Crystal Empire line.
I really hope we'll one day see them in stores. There is a reason I was immediatly crazy over the Target exclusive Wysteria, hehe...

One thing I like about the new line: AJ's got green streaks. I think it looks most becoming on her. And Rainbow looks nice with the tinsel. I wonder how hard it's gonna get to style that, though. I might be interested in Twilight since I'm not a fan of the "adult Luna" body (my G4s all have to be the same size).

Edit: Okay, helicopter pilot Pinkie is awesome, too! I want them to make a pony plane. Oh god, please make a crazy pony plane, Hasbro! They already made cars, so why not? :lol:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:28:55 AM by Zapper »

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »
BTW, I was looking at the flyer again. . . the rows of solid tinsel hair look horrendous EVEN IN THE PROFESSIONAL PICS! Who is making these decisions? Though I hate Hasbro's exclusively giving us rereleases, I can see a certain appeal to putting out a version with rainbow hair. But rainbow tinsel is going to look like garbage. Even their photographers couldn't work with it!

I seriously don't understand Hasbro--they have a great toyline which is currently backed by an awesome show, yet it looks like they are putting no thought into what they actually release. I seriously feel like they're just trying to prevent us from becoming horders. Well, I guess that is at least thoughtful of them.

I don't know, I always get the feeling that Hasbro is being run by a bunch of pony haters, and they will do whatever to destroy the line because they are so shamed of being associated with colourful plastic horses. OK, so we do have our fair share of weirdos, but in general, we're still a community full of really nice people!

Maybe nice doesn't impress Hasbro.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 01:06:16 AM »
BTW, I was looking at the flyer again. . . the rows of solid tinsel hair look horrendous EVEN IN THE PROFESSIONAL PICS! Who is making these decisions? Though I hate Hasbro's exclusively giving us rereleases, I can see a certain appeal to putting out a version with rainbow hair. But rainbow tinsel is going to look like garbage. Even their photographers couldn't work with it!

I seriously don't understand Hasbro--they have a great toyline which is currently backed by an awesome show, yet it looks like they are putting no thought into what they actually release. I seriously feel like they're just trying to prevent us from becoming horders. Well, I guess that is at least thoughtful of them.

I don't know, I always get the feeling that Hasbro is being run by a bunch of pony haters, and they will do whatever to destroy the line because they are so shamed of being associated with colourful plastic horses.

Hasbro obviously doesn't hate the ponies because the ponies have always made good money and they don't hate the (new) fanbase either.
But they sure think that little girls don't need innovative toys. That's why I'm actually fond of the Pinkie-copter! It doesn't make much sense and it's still about fashion because she comes with a few clothes, but at least Hasbro acknowledges that girls like vehicles, too. The train set was also nice if you ask me.
What I really hate is that the Equestria Girls have so few points of articulation but are still supposed to go for Monster High prices. It's like Hasbro thinks: "Well, if those brats want toys that move they can always buy a Transformer. After all we have...err, two? female Transformers in the current playline. That should be enough for them."

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 01:34:07 AM »
They are releasing the same ponies over and over again. They are cute but I won't buy them. I save a lot of money by only collecting 1 or 2 here that I really really like. I'm old school, I miss the days of brushables and different sets. They are cute though.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 01:46:19 AM »
Oh, yes! My favorite one is Applejack!
I also like the new alicorn Twilight mold, and it's good to see she will not have to be sold in sets like the other princesses. However, the horn needs to be longer and the wings bigger. Still, though, this is certainly the prettiest Main 6 re-release I've ever seen.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »

Yeah, I get that AJ is the least popular. Even amongst the target audience. She's my second favorite out of the Mane Six so I'm really sad that all Mane Six have gotten several FS versions - but AJ is left with only one that din't even get re-released.
I own an incomplete FS AJ and I think I even got a good price for her (30€). I always think about selling her again to get some money I could spend on more important things like winter shoes... but then I look at her sweet face and I'm like: "No, I can't sell her. They will probably never make her again" ^^;

I'm not a fan of the entire rainbow line. It feels cheap to just slap on some rainbow designs and call it a day. Well, at least it's more creative than just giving them diamond shaped eye twinkles.
But I was much more interested in the translucent prototypes we saw on TaoBao. The ones that were thought to be featured in the Crystal Empire line.
I really hope we'll one day see them in stores. There is a reason I was immediatly crazy over the Target exclusive Wysteria, hehe...

One thing I like about the new line: AJ's got green streaks. I think it looks most becoming on her. And Rainbow looks nice with the tinsel. I wonder how hard it's gonna get to style that, though. I might be interested in Twilight since I'm not a fan of the "adult Luna" body (my G4s all have to be the same size).

Edit: Okay, helicopter pilot Pinkie is awesome, too! I want them to make a pony plane. Oh god, please make a crazy pony plane, Hasbro! They already made cars, so why not? :lol:

We already have a pony plane :) It came out in the G3.5 line!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal