collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What happened to the Mini Pony Set with Chrysalis?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: What happened to the Mini Pony Set with Chrysalis?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 06:13:43 AM »
No snot, within hours of posting that I could not find this set I went to Walmart on my lunch break and there it was, right in front. *dances*

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 07:34:18 AM »
No snot, within hours of posting that I could not find this set I went to Walmart on my lunch break and there it was, right in front. *dances*
Wooo congrats^^
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 07:44:04 AM »
Congrats on finding it!

I will find you, Chrysalis, Celestia...and your little pony too!

WrittenEmber

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 12:43:31 AM »
Nope not an exclusive. As mentioned its just a wave revision - so only if wave 4 has sold out will a store then restock and get a wave revision.

Ah, so that's how that works! When the hereabouts stores sell out of the Groovin' Hooves/Pony Lessons and order more, Royal Surprise will be with the new batch. Good to know! I was rather confused. :huh:

Also, glad to hear people are beginning to find them! I am more hopeful now that it won't be too long before I see more of them around.  :)

Offline nogames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 05:10:27 AM »
By the way, what happened to Apple Family and Wedding sets?
As far as I know, these two along with Cloudsdale set were "the 1st wave" of character collections, right? There are a lot of Cloudsdale sets everywhere, but the other two are nowhere to be found, only overpriced on ebay.
If all of them are sold out, it's permanent? Doesn't Hasbro make a resupply for out-of-stock merch?
I feel really bad that I didn't buy them when they were available.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 05:13:10 AM »
As far as I know, these two along with Cloudsdale set were "the 1st wave" of character collections, right? There are a lot of Cloudsdale sets everywhere, but the other two are nowhere to be found, only overpriced on ebay.
If all of them are sold out, it's permanent? Doesn't Hasbro make a resupply for out-of-stock merch?
I've been seeing them at my Walmart and Target

Offline nogames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »
I've been seeing them at my Walmart and Target
Too bad I don't have Walmart and Target around. Judging by ebay where these 2 sets cost around 30$, they are rare.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:02:31 AM by nogames »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 06:11:20 AM »
Nope not an exclusive. As mentioned its just a wave revision - so only if wave 4 has sold out will a store then restock and get a wave revision.

Ah, so that's how that works! When the hereabouts stores sell out of the Groovin' Hooves/Pony Lessons and order more, Royal Surprise will be with the new batch. Good to know! I was rather confused. :huh:

Also, glad to hear people are beginning to find them! I am more hopeful now that it won't be too long before I see more of them around.  :)

Toy waves can be confusing :) And yes thats exactly how it works. The problem with wave revisions is that stores with low movement on the line will often miss them and skip straight to a new wave because by the time they are out of stock they have missed the revision.

The Royal Wedding and Apple Family sets are really old; that's why you will not see them in stores any more. However the Cloudsdale set got a release in the wave 3 revision which is actually quite recently in stores [only the wave before the Pony Lessons first release]. So that's why you will find that easily enough. The other 2 waves are long passed release [especially the Apple Family which only got released in the first wave].

And no they wont resupply - toys like the MLP line work in waves - so once something is passed unless Hasbro decide to release the item specifically again in a future wave then that's it over unfortunately. Hasbro and many retailers consider some items all the same thing. So the mini figs are all the same to them - their impression of resupplying is simply to stock the next wave [even though thats not necessarily the same ponies] :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 06:28:18 AM »
i think sometimes is the distribution is up to the stores to order the items :(
so it is poor if the stores do not require to stock the different releases, so a store has so many blind bags of one type, they might not order more of them until they are gone , because in Target and TRU all of them mostly share the same item # , even some sets like the Baker /Spa/Jewel sets is the same story , I learned this with checking the site on Target  and it showed in stock , but when i went there , there was none , I gave the item # to a sales person and the showed me all of them under the same item # and so their stock was correct but not the actual items, I believe is the same with the BB, so many stores might have old stock and never reorder the new "real " items , because of that  :(
if they were individual then it would be easy for them to know that it has never even been at the store and needs to be order and stocked.

Post Merge: December 06, 2013, 07:15:58 AM

LOL  they had already answered  it while i was typing mine  LOL
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:15:58 AM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »
so it is poor if the stores do not require to stock the different releases, so a store has so many blind bags of one type, they might not order more of them until they are gone , because in Target and TRU all of them mostly share the same item # , even some sets like the Baker /Spa/Jewel sets is the same story , I learned this with checking the site on Target  and it showed in stock , but when i went there , there was none , I gave the item # to a sales person and the showed me all of them under the same item # and so their stock was correct but not the actual items, I believe is the same with the BB, so many stores might have old stock and never reorder the new "real " items , because of that  :(
if they were individual then it would be easy for them to know that it has never even been at the store and needs to be order and stocked.

Yeah it stinks...HASBRO WHY U DO THIS!?!?!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »

Yeah it stinks...HASBRO WHY U DO THIS!?!?!
Is not Hasbro  LOL  , these are the Walmarts,Targets and TRU's  stores systems :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal