collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 573 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Am I the only one?
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:08:06 PM »
Am I the only one who find it sad seeing Ponies at flea markets? Especially when they are really dirty? Reminds me of my Blossom I found some weeks ago. It was a stand with old clothes and there she stood there... all alone, all Dirty her hair braided with paper ribbons. Her hair was beauitfull and no paint flaws. Only some pin dots. but it just were sad seeing her standing there all alone. Ofc I took her with me. Its like she wanted me to. XD I did the same with a Baby Flicker I still need to clean her.  :blush: But what makes me so sad is the story. I bet the people who sell them had some lovely time with them and they the ponies know its all ending when they end up on the flea market. Its just scary what might happens there. They get sold to a collector who will make them beautifull again and give them a good rest after a time of playing. Or they go to childeren who will love them. But what happens when they go to someone who gives them to their childeren who chew on them or just dump them because they are boring? Wich makes them lead to the garbage one day or eternal storage. But what happens when they dont get sold? Will they go home? Or be trown away?

I just like to think about things like this. Like seeing them as something real. :P I wanna ask if Im the only one who feels like this.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »
I try not to think of how many ponies are in landfills right now. Very sad. I feel like the fleamarket is their last chance before being dumped. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:18:30 AM »
I try not to think of how many ponies are in landfills right now. Very sad. I feel like the fleamarket is their last chance before being dumped. :(

This^^^

I would just be happy to find ponies at flea markets...my husband would have a hard time holding me back then!!
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 02:36:23 AM »
I love finding old dirty ponies at the thrift stores, and I keep them forever since I would hate for someone to customize them or give them to children. I know ponies were meant for kids in the first place but those kids are now grown up(like me,lol) so they are now considered collectibles. Parents can always go to the store and buy their kids new, clean g4 ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:52:39 AM »
For me I do like to think that at some point they have been loved toys and even if they are not picked up by collectors now then hopefully they will get a second chance of being a loved toy for a little girl or boy. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »
To be honest, when I get a dirty or stained pony, I find myself babytalking to it. "Oh no, honey. We'll get you all fixed up and nice, yes we will."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
Love rescuing ponies from thrifts and flea markets! I feel like they are so thrilled to be given a second chance to find a loving pony home. I found one just before Thanksgiving and I told my mom 'Guess who's coming to dinner?' She laughed when I showed the pony. :silly:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal