collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warhammer tutorials please  (Read 278 times)

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
Warhammer tutorials please
« on: December 01, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »
(im not really sure where to put this but here seemed like the closest comparison)

i have a friend who recently got into warhammer. he asked me to paint his little guy for him because he assumed im good at painting... which im ok at but not great. he was impressed by my overall job but disappointed at my detail work. iv never painted anything so small so i wasnt that great. can you guys show me some good techniques and helpful tips? please and thank you!

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer tutorials please
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »
Get ridiculously small, thin brushes.  You may want to check out your local comic shop- they'll have some great suggestions for you and be able to show you some inks and washes that can easily add depth and shading to your model.  Facial features are trickier, but with a little practice, they become manageable.  Careful, though.  I started out with a single model just to paint, and now I have an entire army of my own.  :biggrin:
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:21 AM »
I just googled it and there seem to be a lot of tutorials on youtube.
https://www.google.com/#q=miniature+painting+tutorials+youtube

You really need tiny brushes. Some of the ones I used to use only had a few bristles in them.  You need a lot of patience and a steady hand. You have too make sure the paint isn't too thick or too thin.. though thin paint can be used to add depth when used as a wash. Look for tutorials on washes and dry brushing. Those two things can add quite a bit of detail. I suggest water based paints.

I painted miniatures for years! It's been a while since I have done it though. I tell ya.. eyes are a pain to do. I've used things like sewing needles to do those before. It all takes practice.

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »
Tiny brushes, toothpicks/needles/paint pens/etc, and a lot of light layers. By details, I'm assuming they mean shading and highlighting mainly.

I would just do google searches on warhammer/warmachine mini painting. I've found some good ones on DA. I wish I still had all my old links to give to you. I was going to get into minis painting as well, since my b/f plays Warmachine. The paints are a bit..specific too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Dilute, dilute, dilute!

Darker colours are also much easier to start with. I used to paint dark elves, and when I switched to high elves, with brighter colours, it became much harder.

Also, check out UK eBay for the older paints.  Much cheaper to get a good range.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal