collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Figma  (Read 832 times)

Stitch

• Trade Count: (0)
Figma
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:58 AM »
Where would be the best place to purchase Figma figures?

Also, I would love to see pictures of some.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:40:17 AM by Stitch »

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Figma
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:49:23 AM »
I've shopped around and eBay's the best place I've found so far.

What ones are you looking for??

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »
I've always gotten mine on Amazon. Best thing to do is google what you're looking for. When you've found a few good places, go to retailmenot.com and see if you can find any coupons for the site. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
I would go with good smile company or amami. I wouldn't really trust EBay because there are so many fakes out there. Unless you don't care about that.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 04:54:51 AM »
amiami is a good reputable site, also Crunchyroll.com is in the USA so you'll save on shipping. I've ordered from both sites and have been really pleased with the customer service. Ebay has a lot of bootleg figmas and the quality on them is terrible so if shopping there be very careful who you buy from!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 08:57:50 AM »
AmiAmi or Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) is where I go for mine.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
eBay is terrible for figma because 90% of what you find is a fake or "Chinese version" as they label them.
Amiami, HLJ, and HobbySearch are the best imo...

Mandarake has used ones, which are generally BRAND new figures with just box creases or slight yellowing that make collectors not want them. Everything I've gotten has been absolutely brand new with nothing wrong with it.

BigBadToyStore,Crunchyroll,Toylet,CDJapan,Otacute,RightStuf....all of these sites also sell them if you can't get a preorder from the main three I listed up there. There's a few more, but I know of these ones in particular.

I would NOT trust eBay, and I'm wary of Amazon as well, because I know people have gotten bootlegs off there as well.

Edit: As far as pictures go...I mainly collect Nendoroids...but I have a few figmas...here's the only picture I've got left sadly. The other ones are all missing. D:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:22:18 AM by melipuffles »

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
Ah, that's true- I forgot to mention Mandarake. I get a lot of Super Action Statues "used" there- one I bought hadn't ever even been opened, but was "used" enough to warrant a severe cut in price.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »
I think with ebay if the figma is well below the retail price (especially if it's new), it's pretty much bound to be a fake.
There are some times where some people sell them cheap second hand, and they are legit, but yeah... lots of bootlegs on there.

I usually buy from HLJ, but that's because I have bought from there for years.

If it's a new one, check your local comic book store, and ask if they can order from AAA anime. They are the retailer for them in the US... so that is another option.
http://www.aaaanime.com/manufacturer/Figures/Max+Factory.html

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 12:25:32 PM »
I forgot about myfigurecollection.net! I put a bunch of Kirino (Oreimo) figures on my wishlist and I get notifications through email when someone puts one from my wishlist up for sale. I should see if my local Japanese bookstore will put in an order for some Kirino figures for me. They put in an order for an Oreimo calendar for me. I should have asked them to also order Dangan Ronpa, but that's ok. Maybe they ordered a few and I can pick it up when they come in!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Stitch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »
Thank you everyone! All the information that you have provided has been very helpful.  :)

Personally, I have been leaning towards ordering from BigBadToyStore. What is your opinion on this website?

Also, what are the signs that I can look for to identify a bootleg from an actual Figma?

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 01:43:18 AM »
Thank you everyone! All the information that you have provided has been very helpful.  :)

Personally, I have been leaning towards ordering from BigBadToyStore. What is your opinion on this website?

Also, what are the signs that I can look for to identify a bootleg from an actual Figma?
BigBadToyStore is great, but I find them kinda pricy. Bootleg figma are pretty obvious when you get to identifying them. First, the price, if its really low and too good to be true. Second, Chinese version labeling on auctions and websites, those are dead giveaways. Third, the figure itself... uneven paint apps, missing paint, pieces won't stay together, shiny plastic, and boxes that will usually look photoshopped.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal