collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lauren Faust shows off her childhood ponies  (Read 3266 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Lauren Faust shows off her childhood ponies
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 07:11:56 AM »
One beautiful day, I saw this post on my Tumblr dash... :|
Yup.

Admittedly, it was Faust's mistake to make a comparison (even if it was a lighthearted one) in this fandom. The people here are crazy on both sides. If she had said something "Majesty's having a bad mane day" people wouldn't have cared.
You have a point (can't reply on Tumblr with this computer), but it is a shame that once again people are taking a remark she says, and twisting it around, but I agree she should have chosen her words more carefully.  She probably thought the fandom was more mature than that (which is kind of a mistake on it's own :P).  Hopefully it gets sorted out soon, but if it doesn't I'll do what I can to sort it.

I never knew that Majesty inspired celestia, and I think that Apple BLoom/the cmc are inspired by ember! :)
As I said, always had my suspicions about them.  It looks like I was right after all. :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 07:16:49 AM »
I was thinking that baby Ember inspired the CMC and the idea behind them, not necessarily a specific pony. 

I really really would love for Lauren Faust (or anyone with any talent) to re-vamp Strawberry Shortcake.  I really don't like the current cartoon...  -_-

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »
I really really would love for Lauren Faust (or anyone with any talent) to re-vamp Strawberry Shortcake.  I really don't like the current cartoon...  -_-
Yeah, and get anyone but Moonscoop to do the animation.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 07:44:38 AM »
Aww, this is super cute :) I did wonder if Majesty was the inspiration behind Celestia, I never made the Ember/CMC connection before now tho!

And I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one distracted by Catbus and Jiji in the background ;) (they were actually the first thing I noticed in the photos, I'm not sure what that says about me ^^;).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 08:03:36 AM »
Yeah, and get anyone but Moonscoop to do the animation.
Yeah, the new Strawberry Shortcake show is HORRIBLE! :mad:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:03 AM »
omg that tumblr post is nuts LOL.  people need to untwist their panties a tad. :P
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 08:49:44 AM »
Oh man, that's a pretty sweet collection.

And you know, in retrospect I'm actually not all that surprised to see Glory cited as an inspiration for Rarity. Heck, my mom commented once that the two look related.

flyawayraven

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »
I thought the Glory connection with Rarity was really obvious. O.o I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even think of Sparkler. :yikes:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 10:12:33 AM »

we as a fandom can get angry at anything. I like Heckyeahponyscans/LadyMoondancer's response.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
Aww that's so awesome to see her ponies, it's like those actual ponies inspired the FiM ones... Great to see them and my, her childhood collection is in amazing shape! O.o

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »

we as a fandom can get angry at anything. I like Heckyeahponyscans/LadyMoondancer's response.
I hate how bronies say "haters gonna hate" but make fun of the generations before g4, and if that is not hate, I don't know what is.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013, 08:56:55 PM »

I hate how bronies say "haters gonna hate" but make fun of the generations before g4, and if that is not hate, I don't know what is.

That's... not very hateful. I mean, it's just toys.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013, 11:48:29 PM »

That's... not very hateful. I mean, it's just toys.

Bashing something just because it's not exactly like the kind of thing you like, yes, that's hateful.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013, 11:52:45 PM »
Faust isn't hating, she was trying to make an innocent joke.  However, there are bronies out there who take every remotely negative thing she says about previous generations as justification for their zealous putting down of anything before G4.  There are those who say the brand didn't exist before 2010 as far as they're concerned.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2013, 12:41:34 AM »
Faust isn't hating, she was trying to make an innocent joke.  However, there are bronies out there who take every remotely negative thing she says about previous generations as justification for their zealous putting down of anything before G4.  There are those who say the brand didn't exist before 2010 as far as they're concerned.

I think I can understand them. The material for the generations before G4 was very weak in my opinion, in fact everything except the dolls themselves. The G1 dolls however have this 'otherness' quality that no other toy has quite achieved and for me that's the most important thing. But a lot of the G1-3 stories were, IMO, garbage. OK I liked them when I was 6 but not as much as traditional fairy stories and Winnie-the-Pooh. I like G4 characters but for me, the fashion style dolls are too big, 3.2" dolls too small however the stories are great so I will say I like gen 4 as well. I think the bronies who hate on the earlier gens aren't able to separate the stories and characterisation from the dolls themselves. They will only "admit" to liking a doll series if it is based in stories that are reasonably credible to adults. So the two sides are kind of arguing at crossed wires. Just a thought.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal