collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats the deal with the pony thats not to be named?  (Read 4377 times)

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Whats the deal with the pony thats not to be named?
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2013, 05:09:38 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this one made me cry of laughter :p

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:05 AM »

"Mommy, what do you mean this toy isn't for ME?"

Syd, my very own lolcat. :P
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2013, 05:59:34 AM »
Syd looks like he's thinking: "oops got busted  :shocked: "

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »
Hehe i love the lol cats.. but something interesting about miss :muffin:
I have some of FIM on dvd and i was watching "last roundup" last night.  and i noticed that what i have on my dvd is the unedited version. The original broad cast where they call :muffin: by her other moniker. I called a buddy up who just got that on dvd in the season box set and she told me that her ep is the edited one. Any one know anything about this? or is this just a case of getting a first issue of the DVD?

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2013, 01:59:26 AM »
Hehe i love the lol cats.. but something interesting about miss :muffin:
I have some of FIM on dvd and i was watching "last roundup" last night.  and i noticed that what i have on my dvd is the unedited version. The original broad cast where they call :muffin: by her other moniker. I called a buddy up who just got that on dvd in the season box set and she told me that her ep is the edited one. Any one know anything about this? or is this just a case of getting a first issue of the DVD?

I do believe the first edition has the unedited episode, and every subsequent version has the edit. I went out and bought the original right away, as I prefer her cuter voice and personality...and of course that they say her name. It might also be worth a bit more someday, but I'm most likely going to keep it. :P

I never thought her name or voice was offensive...in my opinion she was just simply ADORABLE (like characters such as Goofy or Dopey or Patrick Star, haha). I can see where other people would be offended though, and I think that the biggest cause of conflict, is mainly people not respecting other people's opinions on an animated character.

But, back on subject here!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2013, 05:16:18 AM »
I think I read or heard that it offended people with mental disabilities with her original name and they associated that with the way she acted and people assumed that hasbro was making fun of people with mental disabilities, which isn't true.   My Little Pony is and always will be a children's show and I seriously doubt they would do something to offend anyone, especially people with disabilities----not if they want people to buy their merchandise and to watch their show.

And to keep up with the new tradition....

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
I always found it extremely funny that people are offended by the little crossed eyed pegasus's name but no one was ever offended by his --> visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 name. (Well not that I heard of.) Especially since he was the definition of his name. XD

So which company was this character made by and circa when? I don't recognise it?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2013, 07:27:37 AM »
I never thought her name or voice was offensive...in my opinion she was just simply ADORABLE (like characters such as Goofy or Dopey or Patrick Star, haha). I can see where other people would be offended though, and I think that the biggest cause of conflict, is mainly people not respecting other people's opinions on an animated character.
This! :)

I always found it extremely funny that people are offended by the little crossed eyed pegasus's name but no one was ever offended by his --> visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 name. (Well not that I heard of.) Especially since he was the definition of his name. XD

So which company was this character made by and circa when? I don't recognise it?
Doofus Drake from DuckTales, so Disney 1987-1990 :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2013, 07:41:06 AM »
This! :)

Doofus Drake from DuckTales, so Disney 1987-1990 :)

Lol cheers, I kinda guessed it was Disney.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal